Having a GRAND time - The Official GF Chat Thread PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I turned 31 two months ago and sorry if it is rude to ask but Mandy, how old is your DH? I ask because my Dh is older than me and you mentioned yours is, too. My DH will be 48 this year...For all of you slow at math (like me), 17 years difference....It works for us and wouldnt change it for the world. I am also an old soul and love it! :goodvibes Not to be nosy but it peaked my curiosity when you said he was an old man! ;)

Siobhan

My hubbie is 2 1/2 years younger than me! I like 'em young ;) haha

My hubbie is 2 1/2 years younger than me! I like 'em young ;) haha

Nice! ;)

All of the rooms at GF have been renovated at this point, right?
I'm so excited to be at GF in just a couple of days :cool1: One of my best friends is going with us and she and her daughter (9) are going to FREAK on how beautiful it is!! We are going to take it really easy and have lots of good meals and just a little park time. I can't wait until they experience the MK resort area :wizard:

Are the hair wrapping stations still few and far between? In the old days the girls were at every resort pool, all day long! Now oftentimes I walk by the old "stations" and there is no one there. DNiece did get hers done at the Poly during our Spring Break trip but the hours seem much more sporadic for the past couple of years :confused3

Congratulations on your major upgrade from GV to SL Concierge Mr. Mike You got very lucky :thumbsup2

Nice! ;)

All of the rooms at GF have been renovated at this point, right?
I'm so excited to be at GF in just a couple of days :cool1: One of my best friends is going with us and she and her daughter (9) are going to FREAK on how beautiful it is!! We are going to take it really easy and have lots of good meals and just a little park time. I can't wait until they experience the MK resort area :wizard:

Are the hair wrapping stations still few and far between? In the old days the girls were at every resort pool, all day long! Now oftentimes I walk by the old "stations" and there is no one there. DNiece did get hers done at the Poly during our Spring Break trip but the hours seem much more sporadic for the past couple of years :confused3

Congratulations on your major upgrade from GV to SL Concierge Mr. Mike You got very lucky :thumbsup2

Rooms are all renovated!
As fair as hair wraps, the girl is usually there by the theme pool during the morning and afternoon hours. Not sure of the exact hours! Have fun!:)

Hi Everyone-

Mandy- I am so glad I left a lasting impression on you. :rotfl:

Channing- Thanks for the photos. I booked Lexi's party. She was going to do Build A Bear but decided to change. It looks cute.:)

Mr. Mike- I am sooo glad you are back. Things got a little crazy around here. KELLY got WAY OUT of control! Congrats on your upgrade. I am staying in the SL but I guess I will not know what I am missing since I have never stayed RPC.

I have been busy getting my house ready for Mother's Day. I am having the entire family. At first- I did not want to do it. I have now decided to break the news about Xmas to the family. I felt it was a good trade off. I will have Mother's Day and then I will not feel so guilt about now having Xmas. I know I will chicken out.

Hi Everyone-

Mr. Mike- I am sooo glad you are back. Things got a little crazy around here. KELLY got WAY OUT of control! Congrats on your upgrade. I am staying in the SL but I guess I will not know what I am missing since I have never stayed RPC.

I have been busy getting my house ready for Mother's Day. I am having the entire family. At first- I did not want to do it. I have now decided to break the news about Xmas to the family. I felt it was a good trade off. I will have Mother's Day and then I will not feel so guilt about now having Xmas. I know I will chicken out.

Regarding my two (non) complaints

I don't want anyone to think SL isn't nice. I would stay there again (if the main building was full). I can't say enough on how central the location is.
As for the crowds i would always get coffee at 7am and the lounge was empty. When we would leave for the park around 8 or later it became crowded. Even then if we were still there when it was crowded I'd just take food and drink back to the room. So crowds didn't affect us at all.

We had a very nice relaxing night sitting in front of gaspies and while the kids played in the arcade we grabbed some drinks from the lounge and sat at the tables in the marina.

Don't you think it is a bit early to break the news about Christmas :laughing:

Mrs.Mike's brother just asked us to have Mother's day but we have a late party the night before and our daughter has a softball game that afternoon.

I know Mrs.mike isn't even thinking about telling them until the fall at the least. :)

If you tell them now then there is more time for arguments.
We rather give the news as we get on the plane and then we won't hear anything.:laughing:

Wow am I glad to be home! Amy glad it wasn't too serious..I hate bronchitis:guilty:
Brook pm'ing you some coke codes.....Mr. Mike way to go on the upgrade ;) Vanessa I feel your pain at the dealer, now I need 2 new tires to go along with my new brakes.:headache: Kristen~:cheer2: single digits

Kelly how about Survivor last week??...SWEET on the double cross again! Have you watched Survivor Ponderosa on CBS.com? Take a look, its great!

Ok am I the oldest one on here??? :confused: Right now at 44 I feel more like 64!:scared1: Channing we are going to have to make a FABULOUS FORTY CLUB! Who is in :rolleyes:

:flower3: Dawn

What you talkin about Willis? :rotfl:

Hi Everyone-

Mandy- I am so glad I left a lasting impression on you. :rotfl:

Channing- Thanks for the photos. I booked Lexi's party. She was going to do Build A Bear but decided to change. It looks cute.:)

Kelly You know what I am talking about. Don't try to act all innocent.

No need to worry Mr. Mike. I am a big chicken. I won't tell them. The only way they will find out is if and when my girls blurt it out. (which I am sure will not take long...they probably already have told them) I definately am not ready for the 1000 reasons why we should not go to WDW over Xmas.

I know some people who are gonna get some worms while they are at the GF. I can make that happen ladies.
muhahahahah

Mandy~I was just catching up on the past pages of the last thread and your wedding picture is just beautiful :) Very classic and timeless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter