Help-our neighbor has a see through bathroom shade?

Better yet!! You could print this whole thread with all the replies and leave it in thier mailbox ;)

I think I gave the neighbors a peep show once. I didn't know the curtains were see though at night.

Hopefully no one was outside or saw, but once I realized they were so see through I was mortified.

We have special windows to block view but let light in. This always freaks me out. I made my hubby stand outside and look in at night with lights on in bathroom. He said it blocked everything, but I still worry.

This one is hard because you don’t know the neighbor. If you did leave a note I would not leave it anonymous. I would say who it was, that I don’t know them well but thought they may want to know that thier blinds are see thru. Just say you knew you’d want to be informed in the same situation. :)

This is completely illogical, but if it was me, I would prefer an anonymous note. If I knew who saw me, I would be mortified if I happened to run into them in the future, even though I would be glad they had told me.

(I know the OP says she doesn't know the person, but if Jane Smith signed the note, I would try to find out what Jane looked like. And then I would cringe every time I walked by her house knowing that she probably called me "the naked lady in the blue house." Like, I said, totally illogical and plenty of people would probably be glad to get a signed note.)

If it bothers you, then say something. She might not be as shy as most people seem to be. It wouldn't bother me at all, I would just be thankful and move on from there. I don't think it's as big of a dilemma as you think. Leave a note on the door, or just knock and talk. Who knows, you may become friends and have a great story to tell.

I posted a thread similar to this months ago but our neighbor who had no window covering. I had never met her because they were fairly new and one day saw her outside and introduced myself. I mentioned that it was easy to see so they may want to cover the window up. I did not tell her that I had seen her get out of the shower or her husband sitting on the toilet reading the newspaper. Nothing was done after that conversation for about 5 months. She had just become pregnant at the time and we literally saw her growing through the window. Finally they put up a blind and we were very thankful!! We even had an outdoor party one night and she was there in all her glory with people in our backyard. Nuts.

This happened to us! Had a bathroom total remodel, contractor said the frosted windows would be sufficient. About a week later, I pulled up and saw a family member showering! We had vinyl plantation shades installed ASAP.

If you weren't in your car and on your way to work, I'd say to set up some speakers in your yard and blast some music loudly enough that all the neighbours know it's booty-shakin' time... If she's going to entertain, y'all might as well have a party too!

Oh wait. I do that. You might not. SORRY for Party Rocking!

I would not leave a personal note, which would surely imply some type of opinion/judgement... or personally speak to the neighbor.

If this seems to be a somewhat regular occurrance, then snap a quick pic. Print it off. put it in a plain envelope, with a simply "FYI," and mail it to her.
She will either be okay with this situation, or make some changes.

This is completely illogical, but if it was me, I would prefer an anonymous note. If I knew who saw me, I would be mortified if I happened to run into them in the future, even though I would be glad they had told me.

(I know the OP says she doesn't know the person, but if Jane Smith signed the note, I would try to find out what Jane looked like. And then I would cringe every time I walked by her house knowing that she probably called me "the naked lady in the blue house." Like, I said, totally illogical and plenty of people would probably be glad to get a signed note.)
I disagree, if I didn’t know who left the note I’d be embarrassed in front of everyone!

I would not leave a personal note, which would surely imply some type of opinion/judgement... or personally speak to the neighbor.

If this seems to be a somewhat regular occurrance, then snap a quick pic. Print it off. put it in a plain envelope, with a simply "FYI," and mail it to her.

If someone sent me a note, I'd be embarrased, but I'd understand it. If someone sent me a picture I would consider calling the police, that would personally make me very uncomfortable to think someone was taking pictures of me and printing them out.

Um...this might put you on the wrong side of the law. o_O

I would absolutely NOT take a picture!

If someone sent me a note, I'd be embarrased, but I'd understand it. If someone sent me a picture I would consider calling the police, that would personally make me very uncomfortable to think someone was taking pictures of me and printing them out.
Exactly.

I am sure the photo wouldn't really show anything specific!!!
Just thought that it would let them know the actual view-from-the-street.

If I did write a note... It would not be any kind of detailed note. That was also what I was getting at.
I would want to avoid that.
I would not make any comments that could be inferred as negative or judgemental.
It would be something like... "FYI - the shade on your bathroom window is see-thru."
No further comment, no signature, etc.

And, just to add. I would think that, legally, in most places, there is no expectation of privacy when in full public view. unless one is 'stalking' your property, photographing thru your actual window.
the Paparazzi push every single legal limit with their telephoto lenses, and get away with it. :confused:
And, it is not like I would posting any photos anywhere!!!! NO WAY!!!

Please, tell me you are just joking with this response?

I would never do this, sorry Wishing on a Star.
This seems like it should be so easy, stop in, say something like “you don’t know me, I live up the street & I don’t mean to worry or upset you, but I would want to know....” but then my mind starts wandering about retaliation, what if it is someone’s house that I know in some casual way through work or the kids school, etc.
We’re not creepy, stalkers, busybodies or looking to make friends or enemies. Just driving up the street. I feel for her (assuming she doesn’t realize she is giving a show). Today it was full tush, no missing it with the way the house angles to the road.

OP...as you drive and approach her house, slow your car, roll down the window and blow your horn while waving and giving her the thumbs up. Maybe then she'll realize what's going on. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter