Help-our neighbor has a see through bathroom shade?

OP, help me understand the details here. You said the neighbor has a shade over her window, right? But you're saying you can see more than just silhouettes and shadows, you can see full tush, know what state of undress she's in, etc. If she's that clearly visible to you then her "shade" must be more along the lines of a decorative sheer curtain, and she would certainly already be aware that if she can see straight through it so can everyone else.

I would not leave a personal note, which would surely imply some type of opinion/judgement... or personally speak to the neighbor.

If this seems to be a somewhat regular occurrance, then snap a quick pic. Print it off. put it in a plain envelope, with a simply "FYI," and mail it to her.
She will either be okay with this situation, or make some changes.

REALLY!?!? Take nude shot of your neighbor. That is better than a small note?o_Oo_O

Why is nudity so uncomfortable for so many people? My wife and I use our backyard hot tub all the time with no bathing suits. I'm sure many people have seen me naked but I don't see what the big deal is. I look pretty much just like any other man.

Makes me wonder how people use the change rooms/showers at the gym or pool. Do they get dressed in those horrible shower cubicles?

To answer the question I probably wouldn’t do a thing and if I did feel something needed to be done would go the route of a note in the letterbox.

Makes me wonder how people use the change rooms/showers at the gym or pool. Do they get dressed in those horrible shower cubicles?

To answer the question I probably wouldn’t do a thing and if I did feel something needed to be done would go the route of a note in the letterbox.

We don't have changing rooms or lockers at out office. I just change out in the open in the men's bathroom out of my spandex bicycle clothes into work clothes. I really don't care if people can see.

We don't have changing rooms or lockers at out office. I just change out in the open in the men's bathroom out of my spandex bicycle clothes into work clothes. I really don't care if people can see.
Sure but that's a place where it is somewhat expected and is not coed.

I personally don't have many issues with nudity, but my husband does so I think I can see both sides of the issue. Some people were brought up thinking that nudity was something that needed to be kept very secret, and many others think it's just our natural state that is normal. Not sure what to do in this case. Perhaps the person in the bathroom is happy with the world watching her shower, but perhaps she would be mortified if she realized that people could see her "private bits." Without a direct conversation with her it would be hard to know.

OP, help me understand the details here. You said the neighbor has a shade over her window, right? But you're saying you can see more than just silhouettes and shadows, you can see full tush, know what state of undress she's in, etc. If she's that clearly visible to you then her "shade" must be more along the lines of a decorative sheer curtain, and she would certainly already be aware that if she can see straight through it so can everyone else.
Yes, there is something over the window & it does not appear to be a curtain/sheer. Thinking along the lines of what you said - that if she can clearly see “out”, she must be aware that people can see “in” - this is why I wonder if she is A-OK with it. Maybe if she invites me over for tea, we can talk all about this & I can use her bathroom to get to the bottom of it!

Is anyone reading here a member of the police department for your town? I’m wondering if I was to let the police know if they would go tell her? Or they would laugh me out the door?

Is anyone reading here a member of the police department for your town? I’m wondering if I was to let the police know if they would go tell her? Or they would laugh me out the door?

You call the police when someone is breaking the law. The woman is breaking no laws so it would be a waste of time to call the police.

When you change in a bathroom or locker room, you know that other people are present. It may or may not change the way you act, but you know people can see you. The issue is that we assume the neighbor is expecting privacy in her bathroom and has no idea that people can see everything going on in there. The neighbor is under the assumption of privacy and the accidental viewer is now an unintentional voyeur.

I think most of us here are uncomfortable with the idea of seeing the neighbor at a time they are unaware they can be seen. It's not about nudity, it's about privacy.

Definitely send her a note explaining she can be seen easily. And be sure and sign it from the person who lets their dog poop in your yard or whose kids trash your flower garden.:teeth:

I have a better idea - send her (anonymously) a dozen red roses with a note attached saying "Roses are red, violets are blue. If you are nude in the powder room, put up some dang curtains! Love, Anon."

That way, she gets some bad news (the note) along with some good news (the roses)! Perfecto!

I’d probably just keep driving and not continue to look knowing what might be seen. It’s not a huge deal. No need for photographic evidence or to call the police... If the OP is that bothered by it I’ll continue to suggest a note.

But I think you should just leave her alone.

You call the police when someone is breaking the law. The woman is breaking no laws so it would be a waste of time to call the police.
Sorry,didn’t mean call the police as if she had done something wrong. I meant that they would be a neutral party & could be helpful delivering this information.

I recommend providing a very short generic note letting her know so you don't come off as judgmental (maybe its intentional).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter