Help where to find 4xl coat for 19yo female for Giving Tree

uromac

DIS Veteran
Hi!

Just got my giving tree family of 3 and the 19 year old young woman needs a size 4xl coat - does anyone know of a website/place where I could find a 4xl coat that is stylish and warm - looking for good value but want to put a smile on her face too! Also any ideas for 2 boys (3 & 1) would be appreciated too!

Thanks in advance! -

Melissa

I have no idea about the 4xl coat, but I have young kids. . For inexpensive clothes, we like the Children's Place. Not bad quality for as long as they'll wear the size. We often outgrow long before the quality turns poor. In fact, we just bought coats and clothes for a 7 yo and 5 yo for our giving tree.

The caveat - some locations are horribly organized. We have one great location, racks spread out, plenty of staff, plenty of registers. We have another one that is AWFUL.

Roaman's had a great sale last night, might still be going. Torrid has trendier clothes. Woman Within also has them. Catherines. Lane Bryant.

These are all websites, btw.

Hi!

Just got my giving tree family of 3 and the 19 year old young woman needs a size 4xl coat - does anyone know of a website/place where I could find a 4xl coat that is stylish and warm - looking for good value but want to put a smile on her face too! Also any ideas for 2 boys (3 & 1) would be appreciated too!

Thanks in advance! -

Melissa

I was at Burlington Coat Factory today, and they had lots of cute coats at reasonable prices. I know that I saw racks of 3X- maybe call to see if they carry 4X also before driving over?

I would try Burlington Coat Factory. They usually have a nice selection.

Roaman's had a great sale last night, might still be going. Torrid has trendier clothes. Woman Within also has them. Catherines. Lane Bryant.

These are all websites, btw.

Thanks! I'll now try to search those websites! :)

fullbeauty.com has quite a lot of items that go to that size. They always have sales.

Woman Within is usually the best value/quality....This one is nice because it has a zip-out lining. I have it in two colors and it works for winter and fall....

http://www.womanwithin.com/clothing...18&DeptId=20249&ProductTypeId=1&ppos=6&Splt=0

Target and Walmart have cheaper 4X online...but the quality isn't as nice. if you are able, might as well get this girl something that will last....

I have the one without the fur collar. After seeing all the color choices, I would love to have one in the black and white gingham. Looks very fashionable, like you could wear it anywhere.
http://www.womanwithin.com/clothing...tTypeId=1&PurchaseType=J&pref=npc&rec=Certona

My friend wears a 4x and she likes Woman Within and Catherine's, and does shop at Burlington when she comes to see me.. With the coat maybe a really nice warm scarf and gloves to go along.

For the kids - a jacket a size bigger than listed, gloves/mittens, socks, warm PJ's, sweat pants and shirts... As far as toys, something durable.... lego's/Duplo (the larger ones) I get the ones in the containers and/or bags more pieces for more building.... fisher price or play school, Doug and Melissa have great puzzle and toys that really last, coloring books/ crayons, sidewalk chalk, books but the sturdy ones with the thick pages.

Woman Within is great value. You can always find a coupon to go along with your purchase making it even more affordable.

Bargain Catalog Outlet www.bcoutlet.com is fabulous, too. They discount clothing from the major clothing retailers for people of size. There are some major bargains to be had! Again, always look for a coupon to go along with your purchase.:teeth:

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH everyone for your help!!!!!! - I'm definitely leaning towards that coat on WomanWithin http://www.womanwithin.com/clothing...18&DeptId=20249&ProductTypeId=1&ppos=6&Splt=0 - because of it's versatility - I'm leaning towards Black but that's always my go to color to dress up or down! Also I got a 40% off coupon for signing up so the coat cost is very reasonable - so I was thinking of adding another clothing item - perhaps a sweater as we live in NJ - maybe from that same website or even Walmart so if she doesn't like it she could exchange it easily - thoughts?
Also
- This family tied to Covenant House - so I'm also concerned about toys for the boys that they will be able to take with them easily - Also getting gift cards to Walmart that was requested, and was definitely getting matching hats, gloves, scarves - boys: 3yo size 3T want Sponge Bob, coat & clothes and 1yo- 2T into Paw Patrol/coat & clothes - and she requested a Family Frame - ideas? We do live near a Burlington Coat Factory so I will check that out today for the boys - I would love more ideas about other things would like to make this Xmas extra special !!

Thanks again everyone!!!!!!! Have a magical day!

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH everyone for your help!!!!!! - I'm definitely leaning towards that coat on WomanWithin http://www.womanwithin.com/clothing...18&DeptId=20249&ProductTypeId=1&ppos=6&Splt=0 - because of it's versatility - I'm leaning towards Black but that's always my go to color to dress up or down! Also I got a 40% off coupon for signing up so the coat cost is very reasonable - so I was thinking of adding another clothing item - perhaps a sweater as we live in NJ - maybe from that same website or even Walmart so if she doesn't like it she could exchange it easily - thoughts?
Also
- This family tied to Covenant House - so I'm also concerned about toys for the boys that they will be able to take with them easily - Also getting gift cards to Walmart that was requested, and was definitely getting matching hats, gloves, scarves - boys: 3yo size 3T want Sponge Bob, coat & clothes and 1yo- 2T into Paw Patrol/coat & clothes - and she requested a Family Frame - ideas? We do live near a Burlington Coat Factory so I will check that out today for the boys - I would love more ideas about other things would like to make this Xmas extra special !!

That sounds like a good idea! I would do grey, instead of black because I like it more :) and because grey is in right now. If you do a sweater, I'd get a thin one. I'm a size 2x most of the time and I don't like bulky sweaters. Like another poster said, Target has some very cute clothes in size 4x, I've noticed. Oh, one more thing! WomanWithin's sizes are bigger than regular stores. I mean, a 2x there would be way too big for me, so keep that in mind. I think typically a 4x is size 28/30.

There are a lot of Paw Patrol toys out there in all price ranges. I bet he'd love that. Same with Sponge Bob toys (though they may be harder to find).

Also

The plus sizes at Walmart tend to run small, just something to keep in mind.

torrid.com is big sizes for young people. catherines has nice stuff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter