Here we go again, with live updates, Photopass pics added post #735

Thank you Wayne. Started reading when we were in Orlando. Helped to keep the Magic. The Yachtsman is our favourite all ways go there and next year we are going to book twice. Have a safe flightsnd thanks once again for your great trip report.

Ah well, all good things come to an end - even long ones! Have a safe trip home :thumbsup2

We've just got home today today too. Sat at blinking Manchester for 1 hour on the tarmac waiting for a gate, as we were early.

I haven't read all of your posts yet Wayne, just the last page and the ones before we left on the 14th.

I thought the Yachtsman was awfull. My steak was very peppery and salty. We had two meals at Le Cellier and both were fab, we too left the full tip. I hope it doesn't loose the excellent food when it becomes at 2 credit meal in March. My new favourite find was the Grand Floridan Cafe. Lovely atmosphere, and the best dessert. I had the fruit jelly thing.

I think that frog is one the same one that I found inside our room last time we were at OKW lol. Will read the rest of your thread later in the week. Welcome home.

the show is the reason i wont book ohana dave would hate it!

that frog is huge i have such a huge phobia of frogs i hope we dont see any

the show is the reason i wont book ohana dave would hate it!

Last year we were by the window and it didn't bother us at all, this year we were surrounded by it. No way would I accept a table there again.

Sat in Delta Sky lounge waiting for plane to Atlanta, really nice lounge here at MCO, hopefully won't have time to use one in Atlanta.

Last year we were by the window and it didn't bother us at all, this year we were surrounded by it. No way would I accept a table there again.

Sat in Delta Sky lounge waiting for plane to Atlanta, really nice lounge here at MCO, hopefully won't have time to use one in Atlanta.

The Delta lounge used to be the only good thing about going home - that is until Priority Pass (who we're a member of through Amex) lost the ability to use. 'We're looking at other lounges at Orlando Airport' is their standard reply to queries - however the only other lounge is in the other terminal which is unaccessable. Very frustrating!

Thanks for sharing your trip Wayne. First August in 3 years we've stayed at home and the weather was awful ............ just waiting for the 11 month window for next year now :thumbsup2

Have a safe journey home - Sharon x

dbriggsq said:
Priority Pass (who we're a member of through Amex) lost the ability to use. 'We're looking at other lounges at Orlando Airport' is their standard reply to queries - however the only other lounge is in the other terminal which is unaccessable. Very frustrating!

We are members of PP also and do find it annoying that there's no useable lounge at MCO. Doubt the situation will change anytime soon either :(

Hope you've had a uneventful flight home Wayne and welcome back to actually a rather sunny morning (which makes a change). :)

Wasn't the value just amazing with the OKW / SSR deal and free dining?

I didn't keep a close tally but we were saving in the region of $150 a day. Considering the room only cost £100 a night it is all good!!! :cloud9:

Welcome home everyone - time to start planning 2011 :dance3:

It was indeed good value. I kept a tally of what our meals would have cost us, which came out at around $1,700 for the 12 nights. We had some fantastic meals - never eaten so much steak in such a short time!! - and with one exception, service and food brilliant,

Apologies too for missing the meet on 13th - we had been packing up and had every intention on making our way over, but we all managed to drop off and only woke up around 5:30pm (we had an ADR at The Wave for 6:55pm so couldn't even show our faces).

Unfortunately, won't be planning for 2011 as we are intending on visiting New York and New England, but looking forward to 2012.

Hope you had a good flight home and thanks so much for sharing your holiday with us again.

Happy anniversary as well to you and Karen and well done to Matt for those fabulous results.

It our 19th wedding anniversary today.

Hope you all had a safe flight home Wayne, and thanks for all the updates, I have really enjoyed reading them:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter