Here we go again, with live updates, Photopass pics added post #735

as this is almost the most looked at thread on our little board, thought i should keep it active, hey there are pictures of me in it:rotfl2:
dont get that v often:lmao:
as looking for fav restaurants, id recommend Ohanas, i have dietary requirements (food allergies) and the chefs both at bfast and dinner went above and beyond:goodvibes
worst food for us was sci-fi, greasy and dull, the experience was ok, but wouldnt go again.
best "experience" was 50s PTC..the boys were misbehaving and were made to parade around carrying their plates into the kitchen...they were mortififed and we howled with laughter:rotfl:...all good fun be we were soo long we had to do the v late fantasmic:3dglasses
all good fun
tracy x

as looking for fav restaurants, id recommend Ohanas, i have dietary requirements (food allergies) and the chefs both at bfast and dinner went above and beyond:goodvibes

Tracy, I would love to read a review of yours re. Ohana breakfast. You have gluten free requirements dont you? Ours is a breakfast reservation and breakfast is one of our biggest challenges because we have a combined challenge of dietary requirements and a picky eater :guilty:

Tracy, I would love to read a review of yours re. Ohana breakfast. You have gluten free requirements dont you? Ours is a breakfast reservation and breakfast is one of our biggest challenges because we have a combined challenge of dietary requirements and a picky eater :guilty:

Sorry im not gluten intollerant (yet!!) though they seem to be knocking everything else out of my diet:rotfl2:
im allergic to seafood/fish/onions/onion powder/coconut and pineapple:scared1:, im also low fat/fat free following gall bladder surgery (and low sodium)
obviously the onion/onion powder is the issue as everything has to be cooked from scratch esp sauces, Black (the head chef) at o hanas, came out and talked to uss for ages, what i liked, didnt like, what id like to eat, he then went away and whizzed up dinner:lovestruc, what a dude!!!!
he came out following the sexiest orange salad i have ever eaten id have eaten another bowl full, and he brought we chicken/steak/veg and jacket potato for main course which was v yummy:lovestruc
whilst the kids were eating all teh skewer meats he came and chatted, dh and i are both in catering, so he was talking about all the grief he got on here for changing the menu :rotfl2:, and about our trip to vand a the week after:hug:
then he brought we 2 desserts, as he couldnt decide which one id like the most when he was in the kitchen:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc
i had the kona banana creme brulee and the kona choc tart:rolleyes1, i couldnt eat the bread and butter pudding as contained coconut, i was gutted:rolleyes1 food was excellent and service was stunning, he even confiscated my cocktail i ordered as it arrived with pineapple on the glass:rotfl2:
as for bfast, we had an excellent chef, who cooked everything fresh to order for us to avoid contamination.
when you arrive the put a laminated lei flower on the table so everyone knows there is an allergy, nothing, no coffee/juice etc is allowed to be delivered to the table until everything is checked. i couldnt eat the bread as it contains pineapple, so they fetched me toast from kona, and cinnamon buns from captain cookes.
i couldnt recommend the place highly enough
hth
tx

I am looking forward to it :yay: Fortunately DD is not celiac so cross contamination is not an issue. When she was younger we had to be super careful but she is definitely outgrowing it as they had hoped. Generally we are at the stage now where I could quite safely go to a buffet and let her choose suitable foods off the table without worrying about it.

he came out following the sexiest orange salad i have ever eaten

I am going to pretend to have an allergy so I can get one of those .... and just look at it so it doesn't disappear. It will a novelty for me to have something sexy in front of me :rolleyes1

It will a novelty for me to have something sexy in front of me :rolleyes1

i can't tell you how much i laughed when i read this:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2:

sorry, if you go for dinner ask for an orange salad...was amazing..

i d rather sexy food than sexy men which probably says more about me than you!:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:;)
:hug:

List of places we ate at this trip, decided not to put them in order from best to worst, its too difficult, for example our best meal was Hoop Dee Doo but not for the quality of food but the company and service.

After name of restaurant I have put post # incase anyone wants to look back at the pics.

Ohana- Dinner #617 2nd year here after a great meal last time, doubt very much we will go back next year, good food but service was very poor, server trying to serve on 8 tables.

Ohana breakfast #314 Breakfasts are a waste for me, I can't eat much before lunchtime, it was OK but preferred Chef Mickeys last year.

Tutto Itallia #240 Again 2nd visit, changed menu, I was looking forward to the Lamb but no longer available, still a good meal but the company made it better.

Kona Cafe #314 All of us really enjoyed, one of best steaks of the trip. Will be back.

Captains Grille #211 Again all enjoyed and a definite for another trip.

Yachtsman Steakhouse #332 After a bad meal at Cali Grill last year I didn't expect to enjoy another signature restaurant but couldn't fault it, service superb and great food.

50's Prime Time Cafe #552 Theming & CM interaction makes this place somewhere different to the norm, really enjoyed our evening here.

Coral Reef #182 Food was OK but we ate early, I just didn't like the environment, might have been better if we had been able to see the tank, we were furthest away you can get.

Teppan Edo post #140, Enjoyed it so much we cancelled The Wave to eat here twice in 1 holiday, not the biggest portions but tasty, friendly staff & and great chefs.

Le Cellier #617 2nd time, probably one of our fave meals last year, didn't enjoy quite as much this time but steak still very good, no way would I spend 2 credits when it changes next year.

Olivias #457 Just OK, nothing special, better places but can't say anything bad about it.

Liberty Tree Tavern #476 One of Karen's fave places but we all like it, 2nd time and will be back for 3rd.

Hoop Dee Doo Review #377 & #378 3rd time here and best yet, great company and got an excellent server, I also love the food but not everyone does, its similar to Trails End buffet next door which we pay OOP for sometimes. Hope next August will be our 4th visit here.

San Angel #456 one I was most worried about eating at after bad reviews, we all had a really nice meal, no hesitations going back.

Grand Floridian Cafe #529, 2nd time, not quite as good as last year, doubt we will go back a 3rd time but no problems, enjoyed what we had.

Garden Grill #260 Another we heard bad reports about but had a great meal, on list for future.

Biergarten #399 Ok I found the worst, we just don't enjoy buffets like we used to, I know others like it but it wasn't our sort of place.

Mama Melrose #394 I ate too much starter(Calamari for 2 people) ruined rest of my meal, will be back another trip but I will be more sensible, both Karen & Matt enjoyed their meals.

From Last year
1900 Park Fare, again others like here but we didn't, too loud and its another buffet.

Cali Grill, Service was very poor, took over 2 hours for 2 courses and came out hungry. Others think its the best place in WDW.

Turf Club, meal was nice but nothing special it was the server that made it special bringing out 2 glasses of bubbly for our Anniversary.

Whispering Canyon, almost did it again this year we had it on the list but decided we should try more new places.

Cape May, Yet another buffet, a lot of fishy things(Karen won't eat) and long lines to get food, not an enjoyable meal, I think we need to avoid buffets.

Crystal Palace, Breakfast, I hardly ate anything but was OK.
Crystal Palace, Dinner, Probably best buffet from last years trip but helps having Winnie and friends bouncing around.

And lastly a couple of places we have been in the past and paid OOP,
Boma, 1st time I thought was great, 2nd time didn't enjoy as much, I would go back again but Karen and Matt struggle to find anything to eat.

Trails End, similar food to Hoop, Ribs, Fried Chicken plus salmon, beef, peel & eat shrimp & lots more, my fave buffet in WDW even though only a limited choice.

After posting all that I will say don't listen to any reviews on restaurants, do research, read reviews, look at menus and eat where you like the look of, many places that have been slated we like, others wth good reviews we will never go back to. We all like different things, also the server you get on the night can make or break a dining experience.

i d rather sexy food than sexy men which probably says more about me than you!:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:;)
:hug:

Well some of us can't afford to be picky :rotfl2:

After posting all that I will say don't listen to any reviews on restaurants, do research, read reviews, look at menus and eat where you like the look of, many places that have been slated we like, others wth good reviews we will never go back to. We all like different things, also the server you get on the night can make or break a dining experience.

I have to agree on this. Even disregarding the fact that I often don't go along with the masses, dining reviews are always subjective. All it takes is for a family to go to a restaurant for the first time, get a server having an off day or a chef not feeling up to par that day and they are unlikely to go back. On this basis, even if an experience is less than stellar, I am likely to give a place another try. As long as you know what kind of cuisine you really DONT like and avoid that (don't go for a seafood buffet if you don't like seafood for example ;)) you have a good chance of discovering a new favourite.

Thanks for doing the summary of what you liked and why.

We're doing some repeats this trip and also trying some new.

Agree only way is to try it yourself - there are good and bad reviews of everything.

Well some of us can't afford to be picky :rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

i agree with wayne about the waiting staff, our waiter at 50s was brilliant, the waitress at y&y was awful, and they had a massive effect on our experiences.
i also agree, if any of the restaurants were that bad then wdw would have done something about it!!!
whatever/whereever you decide, relax and enjoy!
tx

Just back from a week in Greece and more pages to catch up on!

I think the only ADR I'm going to change for my trip is maybe to cancel Cape May and try to get into the new Hacienda De San Angel, but fear it won't be easy, failing that San Angel Inn, as I've been regretting leaving that out anyway.

Will just finish this thread off with some of the photopass pics we have got back.

Photo0717Medium.jpg

Photo0654Medium.jpg

Photo0552Medium.jpg

Photo1293Medium.jpg

Photo1085Medium.jpg

Photo0999Medium.jpg

Photo0734Medium.jpg

Photo0541Medium.jpg

Photo0536Medium.jpg

Photo0239Medium.jpg

Photo0231Medium.jpg

Photo0198Medium.jpg

Photo0090Medium.jpg

Photo0082Medium.jpg

Photo0074Medium.jpg

Photo0061Medium.jpg

Photo1297Medium.jpg

Aww I have missed this thread!

Great pictures - thanks for posting.

Time for the next trip surely Wayne??

No more trips until next August :sad1:
Matt just started his A levels, he has to give up 1 holiday for Work shaddowing, Xmas Karen has to work, Easter I can't take the 1st week as I have to work right upto Good Fri, only leaves a week at end of May, watching prices but not paying £600 for a flight for 1 week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter