Here we go again, with live updates, Photopass pics added post #735

Are you not returning again this year wayne:confused3 I know you sometimes go christmas time.

Matt starts College on Fri for his A levels, difficult to fit in his holidays with mine, only option we can see is 28th May for 7 nights, still not decided if we are going or not, so just now nothing planned until next August:sad1:

Our dates should be 4th-28th next August.

snap going out, the price of flights will determine our date back!

if you find a good price do let us know, quite happy to do the 2 and a half hour drive up the M1/M6 to save a few pennies, although I guess you'll be going business class again? so that will be too much for us:confused3

snap going out, the price of flights will determine our date back!

if you find a good price do let us know, quite happy to do the 2 and a half hour drive up the M1/M6 to save a few pennies, although I guess you'll be going business class again? so that will be too much for us:confused3

Early indications for Virgin prices are showing around £850-900pp No way am I paying that for Virgin, rather use an American carrier. Will probably be going indirect, if Biz class come up at around £1100pp again then its well worth the extra over Virgin prices.

Although that does sound like a lot of money I'm sure not many of us would spend that much at the Disney restaurants were it not for the free dining plan.
On a normal trip for us we will eat at Disney maybe half a dozen times in a 3 week stay - the rest of the time we eat off site, only topping up with drinks and snacks when at the park. :goodvibes

Ditto :thumbsup2

Even more so from me too!!

We had never eaten at a Disney TS restaurant before this trip with free dining :)

:goodvibes

Would you pay the prices now you have tried them?

Like I have said we might eat at the odd one like Trails end or Boma but I wouldn't pay Disney prices even if I had the 20% discount card.

No, no way at all!
We had some nice meals don't get me wrong, but when you work out we paid less for our meal at Cheesecake Factory than at Crystal Palace, no comparison in quality!!

I WOULD stay onsite again, but only at SSR or OKW with the huge discounts and the free dining :)

:goodvibes

Great total for the food - it basically works out as a free hotel room.

We had the same thought. Originally we were only planning 5 nights at OKW, but when we looked at the cost of off-site accommodation and the cost of meals (both in the parks and off-site), it was a no-brainer.

Although that does sound like a lot of money I'm sure not many of us would spend that much at the Disney restaurants were it not for the free dining plan.

Same for us - our 12 night expenditure of $1,800 was roughly broken down as $1,200 TS, $500 CS and $100 snacks (plus we paid around $200 in tips). When I worked out which meals in Disney we would have really done if we had not been on free DDP, the total came down to around $600. However, on top of that would have been meals elsewhere, so even then I think the discounted OKW price would have won.

Matt starts College on Fri for his A levels, difficult to fit in his holidays with mine, only option we can see is 28th May for 7 nights, still not decided if we are going or not, so just now nothing planned until next August:sad1:
A 7 night trip would be a totally differnt kind of visit for you wouldn't it? Do you think it is worth it to go for one week? Obviously 7 days is better than none. I have looked at an interim trip once or twice but once you put the flight prices in, the difference between 7 and 14+ nights is nominal in relation to the cost of the package.

A 7 night trip would be a totally differnt kind of visit for you wouldn't it? Do you think it is worth it to go for one week? Obviously 7 days is better than none. I have looked at an interim trip once or twice but once you put the flight prices in, the difference between 7 and 14+ nights is nominal in relation to the cost of the package.

Done 7 night trips before although we do like to make it 9 nights minimum, just wouldn't be possible this time.
Flights, hotel & car rental works out about £550pp + food, already have Universal, SW & Busch AP's, wouldn't do Disney unless we got signed in.

I would take 7 nights in Orlando over 0 nights any time!!!! We're only going for 8 nights over Christmas as we don't have enough annual leave left for any extra. I figure after going so many times we can pick and choose what we want to do!!:)

Thanks heather.I tried to get into CM for breakfast but they had nothing for my dates so opted for the dinner as DD loves it here.I already have Lecellier booked and there is nothing avalible for our dates for the dinner.Tried from 180 days so again had to opt for lunch. Is the GF cafe 1TS or 2? Will have a look as would love to eat there.Only done the garden room for afternoon tea. Thanks for the info.

It's a 1TS. When I have uploaded my photo's onto the computer, I will try and post a picture of my dessert. When you go into the resturant, they are on display, but not the mixed berry one. I saw it on someone's table whilst walking through the resturant. Mh DH was sick as a parrot when my dessert arrived, he wished he'd ordered it instead of the mixed plate.

Thanks for all the wonderful updates over the last few weeks - it really has been lovely to follow you (vicariously!). We don't go until October 21st but this has helped me to re-focus on a few decisions over where to eat!

Just got back yesterday. The better the holiday the harder it is to come home.

Wayne thanks for organising the meets it was great to meet you, your family and some of the other disboarders.:thumbsup2

Welcome home Paul, great to meet you too. Those evening went so fast.
Is it OKW again next August? we have still to decide but its looking very likely 4th-21st, cruise for 4 nights then no idea for last 3 nights.

Hello again Wayne!

I was the one who said hello to you at the door of La Gemma Elegante In Italy. There was a bizarre conversation about the Wisconsin Badgers going on around us ;)

Thought I would say hello in case you were wondering who I was :D

Cheers
Karen

Hello again Wayne!

I was the one who said hello to you at the door of La Gemma Elegante In Italy. There was a bizarre conversation about the Wisconsin Badgers going on around us ;)

Thought I would say hello in case you were wondering who I was :D

Cheers
Karen

Thank you Karen, I thought I knew the name but had a complete blank. I searched the Dibb for Miffy and only showed Miffysu with no posts, forgot all about serching on here, DOH!!!!
There are so many users I know on here by their avatars, tag fairy message, signatures etc but throw a user name at me and I go blank.
Luke has just changed his avatar recently, he was instantly recognisable before, not anymore.
Hope to meet you again another trip now I have placed you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter