Here we go again, with live updates, Photopass pics added post #735

Welcome home Mart, good to meet you at OKW :)

Wish we were planning a trip for next year for another fun DIS meet but sadly I think a few Florida-less years are on the cards :(

Bummer about the food, hope you get it all sorted :)

:goodvibes

Good to meet you aswell Luke, give Paula a bit of time and when you start looking at brochures for next years holiday dont be suprised if she changes her mind and agrees to florida again :thumbsup2
Welcome back to the real world Mart :goodvibes
Sorry to hear about your disaster :headache:

Since I have been in the spotlight for so long, I guess that this could have saved someone from going in the pool, as promised! :rolleyes1

I bet you serve it quicker as well! :lmao:

Probably our best and most enjoyable holiday in Florida to date :goodvibes

Just off to renew ESTA. :thumbsup2

To be fair we had a bit of a wait in yachtsmans this year aswell, nowhere near as bad as yours though, i actually enjoyed my steak at Kona more this year than Yachtsmans, going to be difficult making adr choices for next year, but 4 definates are yak and yeti, kona, Gf cafe and Captains Grille :thumbsup2
We had a great holiday this year aswell, really enjoyed our meets, Abi had a great day at Typhoon with Emma, roll on next august :banana:

Just in case you feel the need there is a thread about it HERE

Thanks for that i will have a look when i get chance, at the moment im trying to figure out how to get the videos we took from the flip video camera onto a disc :headache:

Great reports Wayne i did flick through them whilst away but arrived home this afternoon and have now caught up.

We didnt manage to use all the C/S or Snacks, 30 c/s meals left and we must have used 50 snacks in goofys, wont need to buy the kids any sweets until after xmas :thumbsup2. All in all a great trip , really enjoyed the DIS meets was good to put names to a few faces, a few really good meals G/F cafe and Yak and Yeti really suprised us not expecting anything great from either but turned out to be 2 of our favourite meals of the trip along with Kona cafe and teppen edo :thumbsup2 (just done a quick tally up total cost of t/s meals for the 7 of us for 21 nights - $4283.00 ouch !!)
Hoop was a brilliant night and dont think i will ever forget Nige falling out of the bus :rotfl2:
Still dont think BA buisness was as good as we got from delta last year, fingers crossed for some bargains next august. We did get to see Richard Hammond from top gear in the lounge at MCO, Wendy was her normal reserved self and asked for a picture, he was then sat 2 seats behind us on the flight home :laughing:

Down side of the holiday was getting home to the most awful smell, i thought something had died in the house lol, but further investigation showed that the freezer had broken down at some stage during the holiday and the food wasnt in a good state, so instead of collapsing on the sofa this afternoon we ended up shopping for a new freezer:headache:

anyway great trip, great company - Roll on next year :thumbsup2

Hi Mart. Good to meet you and your family at the Meet on August 13th. It was a really good night superbly organised by Wayne and his family. I still wear my name badge with pride!!!

Hi Mart. Good to meet you and your family at the Meet on August 13th. It was a really good night superbly organised by Wayne and his family. I still wear my name badge with pride!!!

me too!!!
i wore it all holiday on my bag i carried to the parks, not one disser came and said hello!!
i too enjoyed the meet, dh was quite charmed by lukes wife paula, and it was great i understood everyone with their balck country accents:rotfl2:
grace loved playing with emma in the pool, even though it was a long night, with the 2 hour journey back to ssr...
we, like luke, wont be going back for a few years, dont have the spare cash, but we will all remember this trip for many years to come:cloud9:
hey wayne, is this the busiest/most looked at thread on here...or what???!!??
tx

I left my name badge in Herbie :(
Paula still has hers tho :)

I'm edging closer and closer to booking a Disney Mediterranean cruise for next august, maybe I'll try a live satellite link up to any planned DIS meet next year :lmao:

Hi,
arrived home this am after good flights, but weather here's a bit off isn't it!! Was 94 yesterday when we left!
The Meteor Meet and greet parking was great, so thanks for that Wayne:thumbsup2 Meant to tell you at the meet, Dave said it was like meeting a celebrity, because I quote you so often!!!
Feeling a bit jet lagged, but wanted to say how nice it was to see everyone on 26th. Sorry we shot off so quickly to get the boat, but if we didn't have to eat, we would've stayed :goodvibes Was hoping to get back quicker, but eating seems to take forever in Disney!
Yachtsman was great for Dave's birthday, but we also had to wait over an hour before being seated, though we did enjoy it. Our server was great, and we were the last to leave, with no pressure.
O'hana's was a bit of a disappointment. We didn't get any bread, and it all seemed really rushed, though we enjoyed the food (except Dave). Was wierd when we were given our bill though. Our server really rushed us, and said I had to sign (which I hadn't had to do before). I left the tip in cash, and as we hadn't been too impressed, I left the 18%. Walking out, I checked the price, as it didn't seem to add up, and I realised we had been charged for 6 instead of 5.
We went back to check if 6 credits had been debited from our plan, and after alot of messing around, the server came out and said they had realised their mistake after, and had only taken 5 ts credits. The thing was, they hadn't ammended the bill, and our suggested gratuity was based on 6 meals, so we had paid more! Probably I should've checked better, but she was giving me bills to sign, and confusing me (doesn't take much!).Anyway, it spoilt things a bit, and Dave reckon's it could be a bit of a scam ...
Akershus was a pleasant surprise. I wasn't too sure about booking, but we were seated within 5 mins; food was really good, server was really helpful, and princess interaction was great, even though we didn't have small children with us. Photo's were good aswell, so would recommend!:thumbsup2
The Wave for brekkie was also good, but def wouldn't pay oop for it. It came to $90, but was very nice:)
Only disaster was last meal at Raglan Road. The band was so loud we couldnt hear anything, or talk to each other, and we were seated in a booth where we could barely see the menu, it was so dark! I asked if we could sit somewhere else because we couldn't see, and the server just turned the light up a bit!. Dh and I went for the curry as it was recommended, but it had no flavour at all. DD's burger was really overcooked, and my Mai tai had something in it which was like cloves, ( could've been too much ameratto), but I couldn't drink it! We were just glad to get out of there, and definitely won't be going back! Shame as it was our last night.
Have got withdrawal symptoms already though, so will have to start looking at flight prices:goodvibes

Jules x

Yep - if only looking for flights was as easy as looking for OKW. Check dis - go to website - book.

I hate looking for flights. Last year after Globespan went bust we had to do it twice!

even though it was a long night, with the 2 hour journey back to ssr...

We really should have planned better and brought you back to SSR with us, even with the two trips it would have taken, Herbie would have had us all back within 15 minutes!
No wonder I'm spending all my time having a go at Disney buses on here I'm the last week or so ;)

We really should have planned better and brought you back to SSR with us, even with the two trips it would have taken, Herbie would have had us all back within 15 minutes!
No wonder I'm spending all my time having a go at Disney buses on here I'm the last week or so ;)

if we had had any idea that it would have taken that long id have asked for a lift:sad2:
never mind, it took 3 hours to do poly=ssr the night we went to v and a...you know when you wonder why you just didnt call a cab, but you ve waited 90 mins so a few more wont hurt?:rotfl2: we looked a right sight in suit/dinner dress whilst sat at mk dripping in sweat waiting for fireworks to finish...let just say that night was a learning curve not just for food;):lmao:
they wont let buses out of the mk bus stop during wishes due to there being fireworks v close to exit of bu sstation, just incase anyone decides to try and go during the festivities:idea::rolleyes1

hey wayne, is this the busiest/most looked at thread on here...or what???!!??
tx
Had a few views hasn't it? makes it worth all the time and effort I put into it:thumbsup2

I'm edging closer and closer to booking a Disney Mediterranean cruise for next august, maybe I'll try a live satellite link up to any planned DIS meet next year :lmao:

How dare you leave it in Herbie:mad: Hope you have emailed the rental company and asked for it back :rotfl2:

Glad you got the mug safely. Looked a good cup of tea in the pic.:thumbsup2
I will leave you to sort out a live link, thats beyond me:rotfl:

Welcome home Jules, great to meet you and your family.
I am not sure we will put Ohana on the list again for next year(if we do DDP) I like the food there but service was rubbish and can't stand the show.
A few have said how good Raglan road was this year, we have always been put off with our CM friends saying how bad it was, doubt its somewhere we will like but maybe try one year.

A few Pics of the food on our flight home.
Tuna, grilled peppers and cheese, & soup. choice of bread rolls but no pic.
P1050470Medium.jpg

Green salad with choice of dressings, I went for blue cheese
P1050471Medium.jpg

Filet Mignon, mash, green beens, onions and Hollandaise sauce, I ate the steak and left the rest knowing hand made icecream sundae was next:cloud9:
P1050472Medium.jpg

P1050473Medium.jpg

Breakfast just before landing home, served with Croissants & bagels.
P1050474Medium.jpg

Probably back to economy next year unless I find a bargain.:goodvibes

:

I've requisitioned it for now and am enjoying another cup of tea in it now :lmao:

Great pics of your food on the flight, a far cry from the swill we got with virgin :scared1:

ooh what dates are you thinking of?? - we are looking at either 20th or 27th Aug!!:thumbsup2

ooh what dates are you thinking of?? - we are looking at either 20th or 27th Aug!!:thumbsup2

Been looking at the 20th (27th is too late as school starts early September) but now I'm thinking of maybe changing to the 13th even tho it's a bit more expensive :)

Hopefully will book this week :)

Had a few views hasn't it? makes it worth all the time and effort I put into it:thumbsup2

How dare you leave it in Herbie:mad: Hope you have emailed the rental company and asked for it back :rotfl2:

Welcome home Jules, great to meet you and your family.
I am not sure we will put Ohana on the list again for next year(if we do DDP) I like the food there but service was rubbish and can't stand the show.
A few have said how good Raglan road was this year, we have always been put off with our CM friends saying how bad it was, doubt its somewhere we will like but maybe try one year.

All your time and effort is appreciated, and we all still have our badges (thankyou btw!).......:flower3: Will keep them for next year!

I was wondering where you picked up the small world mug! DSIL is out there in a couple of weeks, so I could ask her to pick one up for me.

Not so good to be home, it's so cold!!! Was good to meet you, Karen and Matt (Jen, Carl, and everyone else:goodvibes) The evening went so quickly! Always a good sign!

As for O'hanas, that was a show??! I thought it was how they ensured a quick turnover! :laughing:

Raglan Road, maybe we were just unlucky. The only reason we went was because the guy that owns it was on a food prog a while before we went, and he mentioned it and the short ribs; which turned out I couldn't have because they had rosemary in anyway!

Luke, DSIL did the mediteranean cruise in May, and said it was fantastic!! Oh, and I picked up a Perry T-shirt for DS in Hot Topic at the Florida Mall. It's a really vibrant blue with Perry on the front :thumbsup2 When we arranged to meet him outside Chef de France, I could see him coming from Morocco!!:laughing:

Jules x

Wish I could find a Perry t shirt for adults :lmao:

Yeah I'm reading lots of med cruise trip reports, they sound great :)

It was an adult T, DS is 18! He saw quite a few adults with Perry T's around Disney; so that was my mission when we went to the Florida Mall!!:laughing:
There was also one in the Disney Store, but it was black with a white logo.

Jules x

Wayne,have been dribbling looking at all your food pics!
Can you tell me your top places to eat,either on or off site.
Cheers
Dave

It was an adult T, DS is 18! He saw quite a few adults with Perry T's around Disney; so that was my mission when we went to the Florida Mall!!:laughing:

Damn, wish I'd seen one!! Oh well, got me a cool Mr Potato Head one :thumbsup2

This was the mug I picked up for Luke, price was $9.99 + tax not price listed on this site http://www.laughingplacestore.com/Product-14286.asp
Got it from the Emporium on Main St, thru the 1st door on corner of Main st on left, full display of mugs.

Being used to supply me with tea while I plan my lessons for next week ( :scared1:) - I've gotten more use out of it than Paula so far :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter