Hertz not linking-carrentalsavers

Yes I have used it twice so far and they were very helpful and polite…I also don’t love talking on the phone so if I have the option to chat I choose that first…it doesn’t always work out-but this time it did
I am relieved to have it in writing/text and that they confirmed it. Phew! Now if they'd fix their app

Frustrating that they haven’t fixed this yet. I want to cancel a reservation for later this week and can’t. I’m slowly texting with support to cancel it but so far, it hasn’t happened

I cancelled a reservation through Hertz because found a better rate with carrentalsavers. It won't let me see the details of the reservation in my Gold account-all I can see is that I have a reservation. It is telling me the coupon is not valid for that location (Mco) when I click on details/modify so does this mean I'll be getting a surprise price increase upon arrival? I booked a backup through Dollar and another backup through Thrifty through autoslash. Of course this is for next week. Any insight or expert advice from experience greatly appreciated.
Our reservation is for tomorrow. I can’t locate the chat line.

Just got an email from carrentalsavers concerning my upcoming rental with Hertz…it said Hertz is not honoring the visa cardholder codes on certain reservations and that if the price is correct on their(Hertz) site/app then it’s fine but if the price was different then Hertz has chosen not to honor the price quoted originally…the problem is with the site and app having issues, I can’t see and can only go off what the customer service reps are saying they see and the confirmation email from Hertz with the quoted price…nerve wracking to say the least
94A63FB3-1289-4636-9AE8-B794B12FB3D7.pngI

Thanks for this. We have a car booked through Hertz and Car Rental Savers using the Visa code. If the Hertz site does not get updated I will use Budget with Costco. There is no sense keeping Hertz if the price could be changed at the airport. Don't want that headache. Thanks again.

Thanks for this. We have a car booked through Hertz and Car Rental Savers using the Visa code. If the Hertz site does not get updated I will use Budget with Costco. There is no sense keeping Hertz if the price could be changed at the airport. Don't want that headache. Thanks again.
Yeah we still have a few weeks before our trip, but I agree-I don’t want to have to go back and forth with them on the price there if I have an alternative (with less stress hopefully) when I’m trying to get my vacation started

I have not gotten the email from carrentalsavers thus far but It's definitely causing my anxiety since our trip is in just a few days. A friend of mine who also used them for a hertz booking had her reservation cancelled completely sometime in the last couple days! :(

When I login to the hertz site, I am still able to see mine and it's showing the correct price (I had previously added my gold #) so it's showing under my upcoming reservations on the site/app). I printed the confirmation and saved as a PDF to my calendar just incase. I also just made a backup reservation with Dollar to be safe. I will cancel once I know I have a car secured for the correct price. Thankfully I was able to book without a card for the backup.

I leave on Thursday and have canceled my Hertz reservation from carrentalsavers. I was able to get a rate that I was happy with thru Alamo so I can skip the counter. I was going to have to visit the counter with Hertz since it was my first rental with their rewards program. Except, because the website/app still aren't working properly, I had to message them. It took a little bit but they did cancel it for me this morning. You'd think they'd be able to get a properly working website quickly. Maybe they have the same IT people as Disney :rolleyes1

I leave on Thursday and have canceled my Hertz reservation from carrentalsavers. I was able to get a rate that I was happy with thru Alamo so I can skip the counter. I was going to have to visit the counter with Hertz since it was my first rental with their rewards program. Except, because the website/app still aren't working properly, I had to message them. It took a little bit but they did cancel it for me this morning. You'd think they'd be able to get a properly working website quickly. Maybe they have the same IT people as Disney :rolleyes1
Definitely not worth the stress!
The website is working for mine and I've had the gold membership for years so I'm hoping it goes seamlessly but I have little faith lol

I was unable to link my carrentalsavers reservation to my hertz account with the given confirmation number. I checked with hertz and they couldn’t find it either. Given the email about the coupon code no longer being guaranteed to work, I did look at other options. I canceled the car rental saver’s reservation and was able to book the same deal today with Priceline. It does show up on my Hertz account. Hopefully this one works! $542 for a small suv for 11 days in June.

My hertz reservation is still linked and i got a reminder email today since it's for this week. HOWEVER, I was just able to book a different reservation with Dollar for $81 less (small SUV vs the standard SUV with Hertz)
Now I'm torn. I love the gold service with hertz but with the coupon risk and $81 difference... not sure what to do

My hertz reservation is still linked and i got a reminder email today since it's for this week. HOWEVER, I was just able to book a different reservation with Dollar for $81 less (small SUV vs the standard SUV with Hertz)
Now I'm torn. I love the gold service with hertz but with the coupon risk and $81 difference... not sure what to do
I just wish they would fix their site(for me)...I don't leave until 05/05...they just keep saying they're "working on it"

I just wish they would fix their site(for me)...I don't leave until 05/05...they just keep saying they're "working on it"
yeah that's so odd since it's working for mine. Our res is for this week of course but you'd think it would either work for all or not work for all, so it seems suspect lol

yeah that's so odd since it's working for mine. Our res is for this week of course but you'd think it would either work for all or not work for all, so it seems suspect lol
They keep saying they can see it on their end, but I have no way to modify it or anything on mine and that makes me anxious

I would keep Hertz, but I hate having to go offsite to get my rental since I'm almost always with my kids.

Edit: I may be thinking of Fox which is off site. I can't remember if Dollar is at the terminal or not.

I would keep Hertz, but I hate having to go offsite to get my rental since I'm almost always with my kids.

Edit: I may be thinking of Fox which is off site. I can't remember if Dollar is at the terminal or not.
Dollar is on site also I just don’t think I’d be able to go direct tot he car. I did join their loyalty program so I’d hopefully be able to go to some sort of express lane 😂

26A25847-A8A3-443C-A114-682FBB353DCC.jpegNot sure what their hold policy was before, but Hertz/Dollar/Thrifty changed their hold policy when renting

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter