***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Ok, now I know that everyone says that weather forecasts more than a day or two out are not reliable but...they are calling for thunder storms every day next week...:umbrella:. I have ponchos and I bought some new quick dry socks and shorts and my shoes should be ok for rain. I am considering bringing our umbrellas. Any other words of wisdom about making a week full of possible thunder storms (forecasted day and night) a good experience.

Also after watching the last few parties sell out should I go ahead and buy my party tix now-I was planning to wait until Monday to see how the weather is shaking out for Tuesday before committing since I planned things so that either Tuesday or Thursday would work but now I am nervous that both could sell out.

I'm there next week too, going to Tuesday's party. I've been stalking the weather apps and they change multiple times a day it's the worst. Florida weather is the worst, don't they know we need to plan!!

Last edited:
Disney just announced that it is extending the 20% off discount for annual passholders. This discount covered some counter service restaurants and table service restaurants at the Disney resorts, plus some of the counter service restaurants in the parks. This 20% discount began Oct 1st last year, the day we checked in to our resort and was supposed to expire 9/30/17. This discount has saved us a lot of money and I am thrilled that it has been extended. :)

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...passholder-discounts-extended-through-dec-23/

This made me so happy! I have to update my spreadsheet with meal estimates for QS restaurants.

My TiW is also expired and now I do not have to worry about getting it on my arrival day since both Gasparilla and Coral Reef are included. I have some places not covered including Be Our Guest and the Hoop-Dee-Doo, and another trip in the books for March. I will crunch the numbers, but I think I will still need purchase TiW again.

This made me so happy! I have to update my spreadsheet with meal estimates for QS restaurants.

My TiW is also expired and now I do not have to worry about getting it on my arrival day since both Gasparilla and Coral Reef are included. I have some places not covered including Be Our Guest and the Hoop-Dee-Doo, and another trip in the books for March. I will crunch the numbers, but I think I will still need purchase TiW again.
Our TiW expires on Nov 30. We haven't gotten as much value out of it with the 20% AP discount, but I'm not complaining. :) We are mostly at resort restaurants so the discounts have saved us a lot of money. :)

I always get anxious and kind of have the blues before vacation - any vacation. It's starting!

What is everyone doing next year? We aren't going back to WDW until 2021.

We decided for next year we are to Asheville, North Carolina and staying at the Biltmore Inn for two nights, check out the Blue Ridge Mountains, and then driving (5 hrs) to Charleston, South Carolina and staying there for 4 nights!
A more relaxing trip I would say. :)

I always get anxious and kind of have the blues before vacation - any vacation. It's starting!

We decided for next year we are to Asheville, North Carolina and staying at the Biltmore Inn for two nights, check out the Blue Ridge Mountains, and then driving (5 hrs) to Charleston, South Carolina and staying there for 4 nights!
Asheville is great! I haven't been to Charleston but I lived in Savannah GA for several years. I think it will definitely make for a relaxing and pleasant vacation. I think we're headed to Philadelphia next year, visit family and check out the historic sites, maybe Hershey Park as well.

We still have at least one Disney trip to use our AP before they expire in August. Also have work trip to Chicago in July-we usually go early or stay a few days later on these work trips (last year it was Portland OR and Skamania Lodge in Washington state). After that we will be in saving mode for France summer of 2020. We'd like to get to London then too, to see friends and family.

Farro i definitly get what you are saying. I was pacing last night with anxiety worried that I was forgetting something. It was kind of rediculous. I did forget 2 things but it is surely not the end of the world. Now that I am on my way I am finally relaxing.
I'm in the air right now

same here about the vacation blues.

So far for next year:

going to Chicago in April for some Cubs games and exploring. Probably will just go once next year. Went twice this year.

A few weekend trips to Cincinnati when the Cubs come to play.

Have a New York trip planned for the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Thinking about Disney in December too. But not sure. My sister and niece want to go but my sister wants to take her granddaughter who will be 18 months old and her son and daughter in law. That really isn't my cup of tea, nor my niece's. So Disney may be out.

Thinking of going to Virginia in the summer to research some genealogy. Looking for Colonial Virginia records.

What an awesome first morning! We rope dropped AK, heading to Dinoland. Did all 3 rides there, then went to Safari. The animals were super active and visible! Got drenched on Kali, then headed to Pandora. NRJ was down so we area delicious early lunch at Satuli Canteen. Then NRJ, DD adopted a banshee, and we met Flik and then Tarzan before It's tough to be a bug. Edit to add flights of wonder too!

Headed back to POFQ for a swim and shower, now grabbing an early dinner before heading to MK (dessert party tonight).

Last edited:

Totally get the anxiety- I'm worried our airport transport won't turn up/I'll forget paperwork/the weather will be wet/someone will get sick........etc etc! I began to look at next year's plans last night (a cottage at the coast) and DH said I was building my anxiety so leave it till we come back!

What an awesome first morning! We rope dropped AK, heading to Dinoland. Did all 3 rides there, then went to Safari. The animals were super active and visible! Got drenched on Kali, then headed to Pandora. NRJ was down so we area delicious early lunch at Satuli Canteen. Then NRJ, DD adopted a banshee, and we met Flik and then Tarzan before It's tough to be a bug.

Headed back to POFQ for a swim and shower, now grabbing an early dinner before heading to MK (dessert party tonight).
Glad it's going well @Felicis - keep us updated!

Bands have shipped!! Yay!! I love getting those notifications!!

Today:
Purchased memory maker.
Finally got my large suitcase out and started putting things in it. I am about 2 weeks late on that. LOL.
Looked at dining times to see if I could snag a Art Smith's homecoming dinner for earlier than 940pm. No luck!!
Tried to finalize my garden grocer list but I am so indecisive about what I want to get.

Making my travel packing list and picking up some more gift cards tomorrow. 28 days till check in. 27 before I leave. I have a feeling these 27 days are going to fly by!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter