***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

I personally have no problem with this policy and I don't have a dog. I've stayed at many hotels where they have allowed dogs and unless I didn't actually see people walking them, I wouldn't even have known they were there. Of course, that doesn't mean that would always be the case. Hotels generally set aside rooms on the lower floors for pets. I'm also wondering what happens when a person leaves the room for one of the parks for most of day? If a dog is left in a room for an extended period of time, that may not be a good thing for the other guests and it most certainly isn't for the poor dog.

Last edited:
I've had bad allergic reactions to WDW rooms before and it's only just occurred to me that perhaps someone had a service dog in the room before we checked in. I just thought I was reacting to the scents they pipe in or something. I think this is bad policy. It's bad for the dogs to be left in a hotel room all day and it's bad for other guests who have to hear their barking, avoid their poop piles, etc. Also some kids are afraid of dogs, and non-service dogs may not be well-trained to be around children. I have a feeling someone's kid is going to get bit and that will be the end of this test.

Just finishing up on planning last minute ADRs and I was wondering if anyone on here had the current price of the Ohana Dinner Buffet? I hear it changes seasonally. I have a ADR there for Oct 24 and may change ADR if price is too exorbitant. Thanks!
Just came back from Ohana and cost was $43 per adult.I was excited we were able to get a last minute ADR but our meal was disappointing.

They had an exhaust issue easier today which set off the grill sprinklers and as a result the meat was cooked in the kitchen. It was not the same and no discounts offered. This is the second time this year with a disappointing experience and not sure if we will be back.

I wonder how the crowds have been since last weekend? No horrible stories posted yet! :)
I've been here since 10/6 and the crowds have been very heavy, especially on days the parks are open late or on EMH days. One night MK was open to midnight with evening EMH until 2 a.m. and the park was awful after HEA. We couldn't move down Main Street and people were trying to come in while most of the crowd was trying to get out. There was no designated lanes or CMs doing crowd control.

When we finally got to the monorails with hundreds of our new friends they let two monorails go without any guests. The transportation crew didn't seem to know why or what was going on and the crowd was very upset.

On the flipside, MNSSHP last night was pleasant with smaller crowds than during the day.

I've been here since 10/6 and the crowds have been very heavy, especially on days the parks are open late or on EMH days. One night MK was open to midnight with evening EMH until 2 a.m. and the park was awful after HEA. We couldn't move down Main Street and people were trying to come in while most of the crowd was trying to get out. There was no designated lanes or CMs doing crowd control.

When we finally got to the monorails with hundreds of our new friends they let two monorails go without any guests. The transportation crew didn't seem to know why or what was going on and the crowd was very upset.

On the flipside, MNSSHP last night was pleasant with smaller crowds than during the day.
Eep! You're making me nervous. I'm planning to visit mk on arrival day just for a few hours to enjoy the late night. I hope it's not terrible, I don't want my DH's first mk experience to be unpleasant.

We are here! Had an interesting time with fog in Houston and the plane running low on fuel so we diverted to Alexandria, Louisiana. Missed our connection but made it to Disney by 6 pm. We did forget DS's backpack on the magical express. We hope it will turn up tomorrow since his swimsuit was in it as well as pal mickey. So glad to be home.

My youngest has developed a terrible overnight cough, he's fine during the day. A pre-trip urgent care visit is in order I think.

Eep! You're making me nervous. I'm planning to visit mk on arrival day just for a few hours to enjoy the late night. I hope it's not terrible, I don't want my DH's first mk experience to be unpleasant.

Crowds are always heavy at MK on non-party days, that's just how it is. It was like that back in 2014 - but otherwise the rest of the parks were great. :)

So if the temps are only in the mid to upper 70's in Florida, can I still get away with shorts and short sleeve/sleeveless tops during the day?

So if the temps are only in the mid to upper 70's in Florida, can I still get away with shorts and short sleeve/sleeveless tops during the day?
Mid to upper 70s is definitely still shorts weather. I'd carry a light hoodie in the morning and evenings but it's going to warm.

Finally started getting all my clothes and necessities in one spot!! This is the first trip I am taking that I don’t have to go buy a lot of stuff. Maybe 2 or 3 small items and some sunscreen before I leave.

12 days until I leave!! So excited!!

Decided not to do garden grocer this trip. Since I am driving I can get what I need food wise before I leave.

Just in vanaction-mode finally.

Is it wrong that I am already planning my next trip??? A Disney/Universal December 2018 trip. Was going to wait till 2019, but I want to go back next year!! LOL.

Hawaii was a good one, the passion fruit cheesecake there was one of the best things I had and the pork slider was great. The spam hash was not very good though.

Another favorite was Hops & Barley, I had the lobster roll and the carrot cake.

The Le Cellier filet didn't live up to all the hype for me but the Passion Slush sure did, like I said I didn't get to try half of what I wanted but I did manage to go back for a second slush in France :D

A random question: Did they use mayonnaise in the lobster roll? I love lobster, but can't do mayonnaise, and I'd love to try it. :)

Just came back from Ohana and cost was $43 per adult.I was excited we were able to get a last minute ADR but our meal was disappointing.

They had an exhaust issue easier today which set off the grill sprinklers and as a result the meat was cooked in the kitchen. It was not the same and no discounts offered. This is the second time this year with a disappointing experience and not sure if we will be back.

That's a little bit cheaper than what I'm anticipating ($45-$46) but yes, those circumstances are very disappointing. :sad2: As I've been researching I'm reading many more mediocre reviews of Ohana. May keep it for now since it's hard to find anything else at this time. It also would be a late ADR and a very heavy meal at that time of the evening for both DH and I. With about 8 days to go I'll still keep checking other options. This is our arrival night and since Epcot is open until 11P that night, we may just grab something there. :thanks:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter