***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

My fast pass day is tomorrow.

Honestly, nothing is going according to plan at this point. :(
I thought I could make everyone's fast passes together - can't. I can make for 3 of us, but when the other two have their packages open, then I can make theirs. So I have to do this 3 times. No hope for us getting FOP together or possibly even at all for those that I have to book later. Then I have to try and mirror all our times together for the other rides.
AK is looking like it's really closing at 7 pm.
Splash is closed.
Polynesian now added a new room category, pool/marina, so no longer an option for standard views (which I booked).

Sigh. I started out so cheerful! :p

I thought I could make everyone's fast passes together - can't. I can make for 3 of us, but when the other two have their packages open, then I can make theirs. So I have to do this 3 times. No hope for us getting FOP together or possibly even at all for those that I have to book later. Then I have to try and mirror all our times together for the other rides.
Splash is closed.
Polynesian now added a new room category, pool/marina, so no longer an option for standard views (which I booked).

Sorry you've had a struggle - I thought others had advised you'd be ok!

I have to say I was a bit disappointed in my request choices for early check-in. We are staying at Boardwalk Villas and the only choices were upper or lower floor and near elevator. I'm not sure what I expected, but it was more than that. Anyone have any luck with touringplans room requests?

We did the TP fax last Thanksgiving. We did a split stay and got the room we requested at POFQ, and got the area we wanted for OKW, though not the building we wanted, we were one farther down then the requested one, not a huge deal. So I would say it worked.

If you do use it, dont make any requests when you do the online check in, they will use those and not the faxed ones.

My fast pass day was the 17th, but I was able to get 2 FPS in the afternoon for FOP just this Wednesday. Since we will have the baby with us we will do RS and get two more.

So don't give up, keep checking.

image.jpeg
On a less stressful note I found a real bargain today for my DGD for our trip - 2 little Disney dresses - one Minnie and one Elsa for just £1.99 each (about $2.50!). Not costumes (she has a few of those but too hot & cumbersome for the parks). They will be great for packing too.

8 works for us! Our Friday night there we have ADRs at Ohana at 8:40 so that's awesome.

Our Tuesday there we had planned for Sanaa at 5:30 and then to go back for night stuff, but that's seems like a waste of time now. I made new reservations at Via Napoli at 8:25 - we will uber over to Beach Club and walk in that way. Still have Sanaa for the moment in case some still want to go there.

Or would you suggest Trattoria Al Forno instead of Via Napoli? Never been to the new one...

Fastpasses done. Got mostly what we wanted. No FoP for day 3 of our trip (Oct 26th). Got one for the 28th, later than we wanted, and another for the 30th. I'm going to keep checking for an earlier time on the 28th. Everything else pretty much worked out for when we wanted. 7DMT later than we wanted for our day 2 (Oct 25th), but no big deal.
We couldn't get FoP for Oct 26th, either, so we took Na'vi River ride. We got FoP for Saturday, Oct 28th in the evening, and it will be perfect because then we can see the night time lights, which are supposed to be wonderful.

Our FOP is for the 28th too!
We'll have our own October party. ;)

Or would you suggest Trattoria Al Forno instead of Via Napoli? Never been to the new one...
Trattoria al Forno has a much nicer restaurant atmosphere than Via Napoli. We find Via Napoli noisy and chaotic while Trattoria is a lot quieter. We like the wait staff much better at Trattoria. You would have to look at the menus to decide which one works for you.

We are going to Via Napoli on this trip only because the group we are traveling with wants to dine there. Otherwise we would eat at Trattoria al Forno.

We couldn't get FoP for Oct 26th, either, so we took Na'vi River ride. We got FoP for Saturday, Oct 28th in the evening, and it will be perfect because then we can see the night time lights, which are supposed to be wonderful.

We'll have our own October party. ;)

Trattoria al Forno has a much nicer restaurant atmosphere than Via Napoli. We find Via Napoli noisy and chaotic while Trattoria is a lot quieter. We like the wait staff much better at Trattoria. You would have to look at the menus to decide which one works for you.

We are going to Via Napoli on this trip only because the group we are traveling with wants to dine there. Otherwise we would eat at Trattoria al Forno.
We are going to Via Napoli too - fits in better for the family and our plans for Illuminations on the 25th.

Yeah to AK being extended to 8pm!!! Been watching this thread to see if there's been any updates. You guys rock for keeping tabs on it!

Will be in Animal Kingdom on Oct. 31st - was hoping they extended the hours so we could see Rivers of Light AND Pandora at night.

Yeah to AK being extended to 8pm!!! Been watching this thread to see if there's been any updates. You guys rock for keeping tabs on it!

Will be in Animal Kingdom on Oct. 31st - was hoping they extended the hours so we could see Rivers of Light AND Pandora at night.

We will be there 10/27 and 10/31!!!

So here is my FOP fast pass plan - Trip 10/25 - 11/3. I am doing 3 separate attempts for FOP, this is the order I will try to get them tomorrow:

10/31 2 pm for 3 people
10/29 - 1 pm for 3 people
10/27 - 2 pm for 2 people

If I am somehow lucky enough to grab all three days, I will be dropping one day when I make my last round of fast passes for my sister on Wednesday, so I will let you guys before I do it!

Splash is closed.

Rather than attempting to mirror the times, you can always go into the FP+ you already booked for yourself, press "change party," add your new guests in addition to yourself, press "check availability" and it will lump you into the same window as long as the slots are there. This will probably work on 9/10 attractions within the 60 day window. Only possible issues I could see are FOP (as mentioned) and MAYBE Frozen if its really early like 11am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter