***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Rather than attempting to mirror the times, you can always go into the FP+ you already booked for yourself, press "change party," add your new guests in addition to yourself, press "check availability" and it will lump you into the same window as long as the slots are there. This will probably work on 9/10 attractions within the 60 day window. Only possible issues I could see are FOP (as mentioned) and MAYBE Frozen if its really early like 11am.

You are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jumping1:

You are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jumping1:

You're welcome! I know how frustrating the system is when you want 5:00-6:00pm and it will only generate 3:55 - 4:55pm which overlaps another FP+ haha.

I planned my trip around seeing both hallowishes and HEA. Now I just need to decide for sure which night I want my Halloween party. I am pretty set on going to the Tuesday party and watching Hallowishes on Wednesday night...but am I really sure that Tuesday is THE day, ya know the one that will have lower crowds. Maybe Thursday would be better. Maybe I need to leave Tuesday and Thursday nights open in case of inclement weather and just buy my ticket a few days before when the weather will be known... me and my first world problems.

I planned Tuesday and Thursday with the exact same ADRs and FPs in AK. That way, when I check the forecast, I will buy tickets for MNSSHP for one, cancel the AK plans, and keep the AK plans for the other. It will be either the 17th or 19th and I am hoping that neither party will be sold out. Will probably make up my mind around 3-5 days out. Or maybe on the car ride down the day before!
Planning to see HEA Wednesday night, although with the EMH and it being one of only 3 nights during my week that it is happening, I know it will be crazy busy. I also might try to see it again on our last night, Saturday the 21st. (also crazy busy)
Happy Planning! I know time is going to speed up soon and the packing stress will begin. Our last trip was in the summer, so I had plenty of time to do laundry and pack. This time, working all week and leaving Saturday morning!!

Last edited:
My fingers are crossed, my legs are crossed my eyes are crossed. My union just negotiated our contract and it includes back pay for last year...$1500. If it gets ratified in time to get the check to me before the trip I might just go to both parties pixiedust:

So I need to up by 6 am tomorrow, (5:45 to make coffee) and what am I doing? Drinking wine and watching movies...

We just watched Guardians of The Galaxy 2 - so awesome!!!! So funny and kind of touching! Now I put on Jason and The Argonauts - I love Ray Harryhausen movies and the Sinbad movies are my favorites.

I suppose this is my "calm before the storm" :)

So I need to up by 6 am tomorrow, (5:45 to make coffee) and what am I doing? Drinking wine and watching movies...

We just watched Guardians of The Galaxy 2 - so awesome!!!! So funny and kind of touching! Now I put on Jason and The Argonauts - I love Ray Harryhausen movies and the Sinbad movies are my favorites.

I suppose this is my "calm before the storm" :)
I'm still hoping that you will be able to make fastpasses for your sister tomorrow. Good luck. :)

FAST PASS DONE!!! SUCCESS!!!

Got FOP for both 10/29 and 10/31 which were the days I wanted!!! Mine Train, FEA, no problems with dates/times. Only issue I had was Peter Pan! Crazy - I wanted a later evening time, but had to settle for 5 pm. I will make it work.

And the family members linked to my MDE with packages were NOT available for me today, so I will have to add their fast passes on their respective days, but that is okay now because I have FOP covered. :)

I got more FP for FOP too. Before my group was broken up and we would have to rely on RS, but went in this morning hoping they would release more with the time extension and sure enough they did. Got 4 together on both of my AK days.

Got FOP for both 10/29 and 10/31 which were the days I wanted!!! Mine Train, FEA, no problems with dates/times. Only issue I had was Peter Pan! Crazy - I wanted a later evening time, but had to settle for 5 pm. I will make it work.

And the family members linked to my MDE with packages were NOT available for me today, so I will have to add their fast passes on their respective days, but that is okay now because I have FOP covered. :)
Good job. You must feel so relieved.

That is so awesome!! So happy for you and you must be so excited! Thanks for the update!

Crazy about PeterPan but glad you got one since that line gets insanely long!

That's too bad about not being able to get fps for your other family members. Maybe our friends were able to get them a day early for us because we have annual passes, not package tickets.

WOW The opening up of hours has opened a ton of FOP FP that NO SEEMS TO BE TAKING. I now have FOP on my first park day at 6:55...now should I keep my FP's on my last day or go back to my initial plan of playing the last day by ear according to what we havent gotten to do and let my AK FP's go?

I dont want to keep the FP just in case I might use when so many other people cant get one at all. Doing that would be selfish. But will I like the ride so much that I want to do it again on our last day? It feels hard to give up such a coveted FP that I wont be a be able to get back.

WOW The opening up of hours has opened a ton of FOP FP that NO SEEMS TO BE TAKING. I now have FOP on my first park day at 6:55...now should I keep my FP's on my last day or go back to my initial plan of playing the last day by ear according to what we havent gotten to do and let my AK FP's go?

I dont want to keep the FP just in case I might use when so many other people cant get one at all. Doing that would be selfish. But will I like the ride so much that I want to do it again on our last day? It feels hard to give up such a coveted FP that I wont be a be able to get back.

Uh yeah, keep them! I added some to my first day as well thanks to the added hour. If you decide later on you don't want it, then by all means release it.

I think it is good to keep a back up fps for a coveted ride like this just in case something goes wrong. You never know when a ride is going to break down or someone will get sick or a horrible storm will roll in. this way you have a back up. :)

I think it is good to keep a back up fps for a coveted ride like this just in case something goes wrong. You never know when a ride is going to break down or someone will get sick or a horrible storm will roll in. this way you have a back up. :)

Excellent point. One has to do what's right for their family! It really is kind to worry about others but who knows, some may not care for the late day FP opportunities because it conflicts with other plans.

You've convinced me-I'm keeping them both. There is no way on the earth that I would wait 3 hours in a line for anything and since this is the first time I am bringing my son and not getting a DAS (he can finally handle it yea!) its better not to tempt fate. He can do 30-45 minutes but not 3 hours. If something goes wrong on day one I would loose all chance to ride. Yeah that is a great argument for keeping the FP's whether I end up wanting to re-ride or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter