***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

So I think mother nature wants me to be prepared for the heat on our trip. Today here is was 103 (still 90 right now) then 106 for the next 3 days before hovering around 100 for the rest of the week. If the temps this week play out like they are forecasted we have had 25 days over 100 here out of the last 90. At least i'll be ready for the heat in FL.

Last edited:
So I think mother nature wants me to be prepared for the heat on our trip. Today here is was 103 (still 90 right now) then 106 for the next 3 days before hovering around 100 for the rest of the week. If the temps this week play out like they are forecasted we have had 25 days over 100 here out of the last 90. At least i'll be ready for the heat in FL.
We went to WDW from Oct 1 to 5th last year and it was hot - high 80's at least. Later in the month gets cooler but I was surprised at how hot the beginning of October was last year. We were also there a few days before the hurricane hit, so it was extra humid as well. I hope you get cooler temps this year.

Today was my Fastpass day, FOP was pretty wide open for10/31 and on, I had my choice of times. And I have even gone back and modified times for it and still had no issues.

I didn't get anywhere near close the time I wanted for FEA, but I don't really care about riding it again, so if we can't make the time I will cancel it and won't be heartbroken, once was really enough for me, but the person Im going with hasn't been on, thought I would take her.

Most everything else I had no trouble with getting times within 5-10 minutes of what I wanted, except the Jungle Cruise, it seems to be booked solid from 10:30 to after 2pm the day I wanted it, really strange, but I could get it about 20 minutes earlier then I was hoping for. :confused3

So now is the waiting game for this trip begins and time to plan the December trip DH and I are doing, though with still no CP narrator for all our days, things will be still up in the air for what night we will possibly do that.

Congrats on the FOP. Its so funny how everyone can have such a different experience book their FP's. I had no trouble at all with FEA or Jungle cruise though I did notice that on party days jungle cruise was a bit more limited-but FOP for days 1-5 of my trip were gone.

Now tomorrow someone is going to post that their only dificult FP is 7DMT while I see it wide open all day :crazy:

My FastPass day was this morning and I got everything I wanted, including FOP! WOOOO! All morning FOP FastPasses were gone so I'll have to rearrange my itinerary a bit but I am SO excited I was able to get it for our party of 11. There were about 6 other timeslots still available for 10/31. Now just counting down the days!

Thanks again for everyone's help!!!

FP day is tomorrow - liking what I'm hearing from everyone so far. 10/31 is our AK day so hopefully there are some FOP still available. Time really isn't that important.

FP day is tomorrow - liking what I'm hearing from everyone so far. 10/31 is our AK day so hopefully there are some FOP still available. Time really isn't that important.

I just looked again and there are still plenty of afternoon/evening spots available for 10/31! Good luck and hope you get them!

Agreed with @Kindermouse about it being a good day to do AK since it's Halloween. Seems like there is more availability that day!

Just hit our 40 day mark :yay:. For a last minute trip, we got everything we wanted except for an O'hana reservation. Still holding out hope that we might experience a little pixie dust and get one. Seeing all the posts about MNSSHP has really got me excited about this surprise trip for my kids. Do you all think it is too early to start packing???? :rotfl2:

Just hit our 40 day mark :yay:. For a last minute trip, we got everything we wanted except for an O'hana reservation. Still holding out hope that we might experience a little pixie dust and get one. Seeing all the posts about MNSSHP has really got me excited about this surprise trip for my kids. Do you all think it is too early to start packing???? :rotfl2:

I just got a reservation the other day thanks to the Touring Plans Reservation Finder. If you arent already using that, go ahead and try it. People change their minds all the time!

I just got a reservation the other day thanks to the Touring Plans Reservation Finder. If you arent already using that, go ahead and try it. People change their minds all the time!

Thanks for the tip! I will have to give that a try. I have been checking almost daily, but we have a party of 8, so it makes it a little more difficult.

Thanks for the tip! I will have to give that a try. I have been checking almost daily, but we have a party of 8, so it makes it a little more difficult.

Oooh yes that does wrinkle things a bit. At least you might see some openings at more odd times as it gets closer! Good luck!

Never too early to start packing!! My 60 days is 2 days away. My suitcase will officially be placed in my spare room and a test run of items/clothes will be done this weekend to see what is needed.

Never too early to start packing!! My 60 days is 2 days away. My suitcase will officially be placed in my spare room and a test run of items/clothes will be done this weekend to see what is needed.

I'm not "packing" yet but I have been making a few small trip related purchases each week. Travel toiletries, disney shirts, plane entertainment for kids etc. I've got a disney box I'm throwing everything in until suitcase time. I really need to assess the clothing situation soon. :scared:

I'm not "packing" yet but I have been making a few small trip related purchases each week. Travel toiletries, disney shirts, plane entertainment for kids etc. I've got a disney box I'm throwing everything in until suitcase time. I really need to assess the clothing situation soon. :scared:
Me too! My DH thinks I'm nuts!

Does anyone have experience with Touring Plans fast pass availability viewer?

Our day opens tomorrow and looking at it right now we'll be in great shape but just wondering if anyone has experience with it, good, or bad.

I have a Vera Bradley Disney travel duffle that has all the stuff I will take with me on trips. The duffle bag was left in the closet in the spare bedroom from the trip last year with everything I wanted to take this year. Ive been adding to it slowly. So I have been packing since last November when we got back. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter