HHI Adoration & Information 2009

WOW, sounds like a great sweet 16!! And those HHI cm's are just awesome, which is one of the reasons we love coming here!! And its so cool that when you mentioned cm's Brittany and Rich - I knew who you were talking about, my kids even remember them!!

Thanks for sharing. :)

While I'm name dropping ;) Mike was great, we had a long chat with him down at the rec window and with Jerry driving the shuttle. Also spent some time with B'loue. He said we looked familiar when we walked into Big Murgies, we told him that he did a magic trick with our DD on our first HHI visit 4 1/2 years ago. He remembered immediately because he asks for a dollar and always gets it from a "dad" but our DD jumped up all excited because she had a dollar in her pocket. He couldn't say "no" to her, so he had to improvise the trick a little and he never forgot her :laughing: He was stunned to learn she was back for her sweet 16! After catching up he then spent at least 20-30 minutes with DS12 teaching him some magic tricks - this was between his magic show &before the ghost stories. Great time for DS :goodvibes

I do hope Mgt is reading along, because these CM's all deserve a raise & big pat on the back!:cheer2:

While I'm name dropping ;) Mike was great, we had a long chat with him down at the rec window and with Jerry driving the shuttle. Also spent some time with B'loue. He said we looked familiar when we walked into Big Murgies, we told him that he did a magic trick with our DD on our first HHI visit 4 1/2 years ago. He remembered immediately because he asks for a dollar and always gets it from a "dad" but our DD jumped up all excited because she had a dollar in her pocket. He couldn't say "no" to her, so he had to improvise the trick a little and he never forgot her :laughing: He was stunned to learn she was back for her sweet 16! After catching up he then spent at least 20-30 minutes with DS12 teaching him some magic tricks - this was between his magic show &before the ghost stories. Great time for DS :goodvibes

I do hope Mgt is reading along, because these CM's all deserve a raise & big pat on the back!:cheer2:

Aww, that's awesome!!! And I so agree HHI's cm's deserve big praise, they are always so sweet. We are going on our fourth straight summer and truly feel like we are returning to our second "home" because of the familiar faces. While we love our WDW DVC "homes" also, it is the special HHI cm's that really make it feel like a true "home away from home."

Oh darn, my kids, sister and I were at HHI over a long Halloween weekend. I should have checked in here to see what other DIS'ers were there. We were in 2611 I think it was? The 2 bedroom lower unit with the balcony near the kiddie pool. It was great location, the whole place was wonderful, really enjoyed it. Hope you all had a wonderful time too, sounds like it!

Wish I'd gotten to this thread sooner . . .

You guys are making me dream about next summer already. We're booked for August and it will be our fourth summer too. We just love it....and it really is all about the resort! The rest of HHI is great, but the resort itself is what makes it such a great vacation! The CM's and children's programming are fantastic!

Mike the Rec Guy is teriffic. And he is native to the area.

Those who are here this week will want to be careful as the reminants of IDA are heading this way. We don't get too much in the way of 'flash' flooding, but, roads will fill up in low areas and, if the winds and tides are wrong, the roads can get covered. Please plan accordingly.

All you fellow HHI adorers will understand this, why I'm especially excited now. Yesterday I called Signe's Bakery and ordered our Thanksgiving dinner, the "Love Bird", it's called. And two weeks from today we pick it up (it's so big we always eat off it starting on Wednesday night, sort of a "pre-Thanksgiving" treat).

All you fellow HHI adorers will understand this, why I'm especially excited now. Yesterday I called Signe's Bakery and ordered our Thanksgiving dinner, the "Love Bird", it's called. And two weeks from today we pick it up (it's so big we always eat off it starting on Wednesday night, sort of a "pre-Thanksgiving" treat).

I am jealous, I tried to order that!:cloud9:

Don't know what you will be missing by not getting the Fried Bird from the Disney folks. At least go out and watch them cook. If you see Joyce, say HI. She is teriffic!

I just booked my first Hilton Head Stay. I am taking my Mom for mother's day or her Birthday in July if I can get the stay. but currently have the week before memorial day booked. I do have a frw questions. The activites like Mickey Tye Dye can you do that if you are an adult? What about the other paid acticites? Big Kid at heart. We are in a studio.
Lexi

This was a budget trip using the Disney Visa promo and some DRC points to pay for the room. We brought the kids bikes (ages 3 and 7), planned on eating out only once, went to the "Pig" for groceries. All in all it was a nice 4 night stay. I wish though that the high temperature on HHI was more than the high back home in NE Ohio during our stay.

While there we did Shadow's Tales, Mickey Tie-Dye shirts, Goofy's Bingo twice, went to the beach twice (once for shells for the kids and the other to make a castle), Unbirthday Party, Campfire, an hour or two at the pool, Toddler Sea Life coloring book, Vacation Pillows, magic show and went nearby to the Pirate Adventure mini-golf.

Our dinner out we chose the Wreck of the Salty Dog. Had a really nice meal. On Friday when we went there were only 3 other tables being used besides ours. Off season is good for something , just not the colder than Ohio temperature.

Very psyched just got May 31st-June 4th, waitlisted for May 30th. We have not been to HH since '99.

How busy will the resort and island be during this week?

I remember finding star fush and variosu little creatures in the tidal pools along the beach. Is this the norm on this beach? We go to VB every summer and have never found these little sea creatures on the beach.

Thanks to anyone that answers. I am sure between now and May I will have plenty of questions.

Very psyched just got May 31st-June 4th, waitlisted for May 30th. We have not been to HH since '99.

How busy will the resort and island be during this week?

I remember finding star fush and variosu little creatures in the tidal pools along the beach. Is this the norm on this beach? We go to VB every summer and have never found these little sea creatures on the beach.

Thanks to anyone that answers. I am sure between now and May I will have plenty of questions.
I will be there the same exact week as you!! Ok, we have to meet up for a Disney drink! :cool1:

This was a budget trip using the Disney Visa promo and some DRC points to pay for the room. We brought the kids bikes (ages 3 and 7), planned on eating out only once, went to the "Pig" for groceries. All in all it was a nice 4 night stay. I wish though that the high temperature on HHI was more than the high back home in NE Ohio during our stay.

While there we did Shadow's Tales, Mickey Tie-Dye shirts, Goofy's Bingo twice, went to the beach twice (once for shells for the kids and the other to make a castle), Unbirthday Party, Campfire, an hour or two at the pool, Toddler Sea Life coloring book, Vacation Pillows, magic show and went nearby to the Pirate Adventure mini-golf.

Our dinner out we chose the Wreck of the Salty Dog. Had a really nice meal. On Friday when we went there were only 3 other tables being used besides ours. Off season is good for something , just not the colder than Ohio temperature.

Glad you had a nice time! We were there for a long weekend Nov 5-8... Did you see a "sand city" on the beach? My boys made one and we wonder if any remnants of it are still there.

We also made vacation pillows, loved that, my boys all sleep with theirs now. I wish I had made one for myself! They chose baseball, football, and my younger two both made Mickey ones (with different backings so we know whose is whose!) What did your kids choose?

We booked our first trip to HHI 6/6-6/10/2010. I called right at 7 months for a studio and got it with no problem. :woohoo::banana:

liznboys-

My son picked a ball/bat pattern. He talked about getting a paw print one all along because he was obsessed with Shadow's prints in the tile of our room. He does play t-ball though. My wife picked a Tinkerbell pattern for our daughter. She was napping at the time in the room.

No sight whatsoever a sand city. Not sure what the beach might have looked like at high tide on Thursday, but at the resort itself the winds were very high. On open stretches (like the boardwalk between the check-in buildings towards the pool area) it was actually hard to walk. Friday morning at the beach around 8:45, not a bump on the beach to be seen except for occasional strange looking animal/fish/creature part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter