HHI Adoration & Information 2009

Today was my 7 month booking window!

Count me in for HHI in 2010 - Arriving May 23rd Departing May 29th.

Is there a 2010 thread?

Time for the Happy Dance :cool1:

Hey!! We'll be checking in the same day, and also checking out the 29th. The 23rd is actually our 6th anniversary! :lovestruc Would love to know if a 2010 board has been set up yet.

Has anyone run while at HHI? I'll need to do some running while there. I think I read there is a gym (treadmill) so I could use that. I'm wondering if there are trails or something though?

There is a walk/run/bike trail that runs under 278 towards the beach. The DVC island just isn't big enough for much in the way of running, but, once you're on the main HHI, there is plenty of room.

There is/was a treadmill in Bend'n Stretch (the workout room).

I have a whole bunch of questions, but I guess my first is for those of you lucky HHI owners who have made ressies for July and August, are HHI studios booked up? Were you unable to get ressies for particular days. I looked at the reservation list and noticed nothing was posted. I own at SSR and would love to go to HHI next summer. I'm waiting very patiently for my seven month window to open.

If we are lucky to stay at HHI it would be for a week. I will have a 4 year old, 3 year old and 1 year old with us. Would you say you you spend your week at the resort most of time or do you do a lot of day trips? It seems that HHI has a lot of activities so there is no reason to really leave. Is this a fair assumption?

I own at HHI and I always make my reservations at exactly 11 months so I have never had a problem getting a studio. I have a 3yo and a 6 yo. We have gone a couple of times and will be going back for spring break and in the summer. I am guilty of never leaving the resort. We have literally not gone anywhere. I enjoy relaxing and doing the activities at the resort so much I never see my car.:cloud9:

DW and I are heading to HH tomorrow morning and looking forward to a relaxing week. Looks like weather will be in the upper 60's but mostly dry so it should be some nice autumn weather. We didn't make any room requests at all so hopefully we'll get something we can work with. We're pretty easy going on room requests so we'll manage, I'm sure. :)

Thanks to all who contribute to this thread. Lots of restaurant and boat tour information. We'll definitely also head into Savannah for a walking tour some morning.

I don't think I have any questions since I did read the entire thread :eek: and like I said I appreciate everyone so generously sharing their knowledge of this resort and the surrounding area. :thumbsup2

If you sail down there does anyone know what kind of accommodations you can expect?

Sailing to HHI?

If I remember correctly, you can dock free in the marina in front of the resort as long as you are a guest. The Boss is itching to buy a sailboat and we've wondered about sailing over from Savannah for a few days.

If you are not familiar with the waters around the HHI area, be careful! The water runs swift and the tides run about 10 feet from low to high.

I ended up getting my Thanksgiving dinner from Harris Teeter since we have to pick up on Thanksgiving and we have to do pick-up on that day. I am getting excited!:banana::banana:

There is a walk/run/bike trail that runs under 278 towards the beach. The DVC island just isn't big enough for much in the way of running, but, once you're on the main HHI, there is plenty of room.

There is/was a treadmill in Bend'n Stretch (the workout room).

Thank you!

I ended up getting my Thanksgiving dinner from Harris Teeter since we have to pick up on Thanksgiving and we have to do pick-up on that day. I am getting excited!:banana::banana:

Where's Harris Tweeter? Signe's just posted her Thanksgiving dinner, so we're also getting pretty excited. Also, I was just reading about a place that's called "Flamingo's donuts" at breakfast and Mediterranean Cafe at lunch/dinner. Anyone have any info about it? Also Kenny B's?

Where's Harris Tweeter? Signe's just posted her Thanksgiving dinner, so we're also getting pretty excited. Also, I was just reading about a place that's called "Flamingo's donuts" at breakfast and Mediterranean Cafe at lunch/dinner. Anyone have any info about it? Also Kenny B's?

Flamingo's is awesome and I can't wait to get donuts Sunday morning! The menu has all sorts of options for toppings, you order and he goes in back to make them and when they come out they're warm & absolutely delicious!!!:love:

The menu for the afternoon/evening as Mediterranean Cafe looked good, but we haven't been there for dinner yet.

We are going Saturday for 1 night for DD's Sweet 16 party. We'll have 5 teenage girls and DS 12. When I called the resort earlier for the schedule I forgot to ask a couple of questions.

1. How late is the pool open?

2. Does anyone know if we could have our own campfire or request a campfire for Saturday night?

3. The only activitie scheduled for Sat night is 'Kids Nite Out' and that won't work for 5 teenage girls :laughing: The last activity before that is the Ghost Stories around 5:30. Any suggestions for what else the girls could do?

4. What time does the Beach house close?

We will be driving down Sat morning, checking in as early as possible and leaving on Sunday afternoon, trying to get as much fun in as possible. If you're at the resort this weekend and spot the girls, make sure to say Happy Birthday to Megan :goodvibes

Harris Teeter is at Main St Hilton Head, SC . I tried to do Signe's but they will not be open on Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to Flamingo's doughnuts, but I have never had them. :thumbsup2

WoooHooo, just made my summer HHI reservations!!!
As the weather turns colder I just love to remember our HHI beach days and look forward to our next ones. :)

We'll be there June 20th - 26th!:yay:

WoooHooo, just made my summer HHI reservations!!!
As the weather turns colder I just love to remember our HHI beach days and look forward to our next ones. :)

We'll be there June 20th - 26th!:yay:

We will be there June 21st-25th! :banana:

I know most HH DVCer's stop at San Miguels at Shelter Cove for lunch or dinner and I think it's a great spot but I wanted to review a new Mexican restaurant down the road.

Mi Tierra just opened their 2nd eatery on Hilton Head. This one is located at Festival Center which is also home to Publix (North end), WalMart, Barnes and Noble, Atlanta Bread Co. and Outback.

This is not your typical Mexican joint as you'll discover white linen adorning the tables.

SM-interior.jpg

Don't be fooled by this as the prices are very family friendly.
A dinner for 3 was $30 and included 3 sweet tea's, all you can eat chips-n-salsa and 3 entrees. I would say the average price as you scan the menu is $9. I did snap a shot of their specials which run a few bucks more.

SM-menu.jpg

The restaurant is very clean. The glassware and flatware were polished. We recieved constant attention from our server which included a couple refills of tea. The place is child friendly as they offer crayons (brand new) and a coloring page which also doubles as the kids menu. The chips-n-salsa came immediately and the chips were fresh and warm. The tea had just been brewed as it quickly melted the ice.

MT-table.jpg

Entree portions were good size and the food was hot and very tasty. Nothing is too spicy unless you choose it to be.
The only odd tidbit about this place was you felt like you were in an upscale cafe and not south of the border.

My tastebuds and tummy can recommend Mi Tierra's (My Homeland) to anyone looking for Mexican food on Hilton Head.

My wife and I are staying at the Disney HH resort this week, and this little piece of advice is something I printed out and saved for a few months now.

We ate at Mi Tierra (the one noted by Chum) tonight and my wife and I agreed it was wonderful! :thumbsup2

We both enjoy Mexican cuisine and Mi Tierra did not disappoint. My wife got the vegetarian burrito and I got the seafood chile relleno featured in the menu shot above. Both were excellent. In addition, DW got a nice sized strawberry margarita for $4.95 which is a great deal on a margarita if it tastes good...and it did!

Just wanted to circle back and thank Chum for the tip and second his recommendation for this restaurant. Thanks!! :)

I'm at HH right now with DW for our first trip to HH...we'll be checking out the day you check in Chelle. But here's some answers for you in red.

In general, the resort seems to shut down pretty early...possibly because we're here in the off season. I'd either bring my own entertainment (movies, etc) or look for other options on the island. Some of the locals on these boards might have better suggestions.

We are going Saturday for 1 night for DD's Sweet 16 party. We'll have 5 teenage girls and DS 12. When I called the resort earlier for the schedule I forgot to ask a couple of questions.

1. How late is the pool open? Pool hours are 8:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. They actually were locking the gates to prevent access when I was there earlier this week at 9:00. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure some people were in the hot tub in the pool area beyond 9:00.

2. Does anyone know if we could have our own campfire or request a campfire for Saturday night? Don't know much about this...sorry. All I see on the activity schedule they gave us is a campfire on Wednesday and Friday evening. I don't know if you can "buy" one or if they'd do one for you on an unscheduled night.

3. The only activitie scheduled for Sat night is 'Kids Nite Out' and that won't work for 5 teenage girls :laughing: The last activity before that is the Ghost Stories around 5:30. Any suggestions for what else the girls could do? This is our first trip and just DW and I so we haven't explored the teenage options for activities.

4. What time does the Beach house close? I'm pretty sure the sign said 8:00 p.m. when I saw it today.

We will be driving down Sat morning, checking in as early as possible and leaving on Sunday afternoon, trying to get as much fun in as possible. If you're at the resort this weekend and spot the girls, make sure to say Happy Birthday to Megan :goodvibes

I'm at HH right now with DW for our first trip to HH...we'll be checking out the day you check in Chelle. But here's some answers for you in red.

In general, the resort seems to shut down pretty early...possibly because we're here in the off season. I'd either bring my own entertainment (movies, etc) or look for other options on the island. Some of the locals on these boards might have better suggestions.

Thanks Granny! We've stayed for long weekends a few times, in April & October. I know things close down early, but was hoping it wouldn't be too early.

We're back from the big Sweet 16 Birthday Bash :cool1: I have to say it was incredible, everything was perfect including the weather.

DH called the resort on Thurs (?) to put in a few requests: pool view, early check in and if we could do our own campfire. As expected, they said they would put the request down for the view and check in, but no guarantees as they were at 98% capacity for Friday night. As for the fire, they transfered him to recreation, where they said we couldn't do our own for safety/liability issues BUT they would see if they could get someone to come in and do it for us. They called back shortly and said that Brittany would come in, asked what time was best for us, what sort of things would we like; balloons, s'mores, campfire songs....When I talked to Rich (?) I told him that the girls would love being silly, of course they love s'mores and anything else they wanted to do was up to them. He said he would leave it to Brittany to plan :goodvibes DH & I both said we felt bad that they were calling someone in on their day off and we were both told that they LOVE doing this and were happy to have an excuse to do a campfire.

Saturday night at 8:30pm we met Brittany at the firepit. There was a chair with balloons tied to it, a birthday crown and goody bag waiting for DD. Our private campfire included silly songs & dances, s'mores & lot's of giggling :dance3: It was perfect :woohoo: THANK YOU BRITTANY!!!! :cloud9:

MegsSweet16BirthdayBash051.jpg

As for the other requests, DH arrived at HHI at 11:30am, our villa overlooking the pool was ready :cool1: He & DS were able to decorate before I arrived an hour later with the girls. If you were there Saturday/Sunday you may have seen them
MegsSweet16BirthdayBash012.jpg

MegsBirthdayBash-Sunday003.jpg

We went for breakfast at Stacks Sunday morning, and it was like being at 50's PTC. 1st the food was fantastic, but we had a server, Mick, who was hilarious! We had no idea we were getting entertainment with our food, but we did!

It was a perfect weekend and one that I'm sure DD will never forget :cheer2:

WOW, sounds like a great sweet 16!! And those HHI cm's are just awesome, which is one of the reasons we love coming here!! And its so cool that when you mentioned cm's Brittany and Rich - I knew who you were talking about, my kids even remember them!!

Thanks for sharing. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter