*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

What I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) is that all of the dedicated 2-BRs have only a balcony off the living room, except for Buildings 14, 15, and 17. Those 2-BRs are dedicated but have a second balcony off the second bedroom. All the lock-offs have two balconies.
Correct. There may be an odd outlier, but you are right in your recollection.

To make sure I understand correctly, which 2BR configuration has the most balconies?
Not configuration so much as location. As mentioned, both buildings 14 and 15--which sit along the boardwalk and have marsh views, have an extra and extended balcony. Building 17, I believe, does as well. To my knowledge, none of the other regularly configured 2BRs have that extra balcony space. The balcony in those extends from the master bedroom to the living room with doors in both places.

Not configuration so much as location. As mentioned, both buildings 14 and 15--which sit along the boardwalk and have marsh views, have an extra and extended balcony. Building 17, I believe, does as well. To my knowledge, none of the other regularly configured 2BRs have that extra balcony space. The balcony in those extends from the master bedroom to the living room with doors in both places.
You mention an "extended balcony" in those buildings by the boardwalk. If all of the other buildings have a balcony that "extends from the master bedroom to the living room with doors in both places," how is the balcony extended? I knew they had an extra balcony and it's vague in my mind that they had a larger balcony, but I can't put my finger on it as to how the balcony is larger. I won't be there until October, so I figured you could help me remember.

Do I request those buildings through member services or the resort itself?

You mention an "extended balcony" in those buildings by the boardwalk. If all of the other buildings have a balcony that "extends from the master bedroom to the living room with doors in both places," how is the balcony extended? I knew they had an extra balcony and it's vague in my mind that they had a larger balcony, but I can't put my finger on it as to how the balcony is larger. I won't be there until October, so I figured you could help me remember.
I should know this, but I believe the balcony extends to the guest room, as well. lol I will check come Sunday if I remember.

Do I request those buildings through member services or the resort itself?
You can do both, but for this particular resort, calling them a few days ahead to remind the room assignors there is suggested. Doesn't mean you'll get what you want, but it certainly doesn't hurt as they plug and play.

We have been in Buildings 29 and 31 right beside it. Totally agree with you! We LOVE that location!

Did you get to see the dolphins from building 31? I know several people who've reported seeing dolphins entering or existing Broad Creek.

So, then, 2BR villa people, what is the best building or room number to request and why?

Did you get to see the dolphins from building 31? I know several people who've reported seeing dolphins entering or existing Broad Creek.
Yes, we have seen dolphins from Building 31. It really is my favorite building! I wish they had studios and 1-BRs on the top floor in that building!

Off topic but for a studio, I prefer Building 12. Top-floor studio balconies are fully covered unlike Building 11. My DH and I have started staying in 1-BRs though and have no experience. The 1-BRs in Building 12 that are angled toward the dumpster area concern me. I might request Building 11 for our 1-BR in October. With a 1-BR, we won't have to worry about our balcony not being fully covered.

Last edited:
We are headed to Hilton Head for our first visit in August and are very excited. I have a few questions:

1. We will be bringing our bikes. Are there bike racks or another area to secure the bikes? One of the bikes is an eBike, so it is not practical to carry up a flight or more of stairs into a unit.

2. Golf. What is the best way to secure tee times? Do I just start calling various courses and seeing what the process is to get a tee time?

Thanks for the help!

Yes, we have seen dolphins from Building 31. It really is my favorite building! I wish they had studios and 1-BRs on the top floor in that building!

Off topic but for a studio, I prefer Building 12. Top-floor studio balconies are fully covered unlike Building 11. My DH and I have started staying in 1-BRs though and have no experience. The 1-BRs in Building 12 that are angled toward the dumpster area concern me. I might request Building 11 for our 1-BR in October. With a 1-BR, we won't have to worry about our balcony not being fully covered.
Over the years, our experience has been almost exclusively 1 BRs. I hadn't noticed balcony coverage. Our favorite 1 BRs are 1137 and 1138.

As far as golf tee times, DH calls the different golf courses about a month in advance of our trip. There may be better ways to do it, but frankly I think he just likes to talk to the people at the golf courses, kind of like pretending he's there.
And there are bike racks for locking your bikes. Funny thing though-bring your own bike locks because when we were there last year, they gave us (as they always do) bike locks. However, everyone who rented a bike had the same 4 digit code to unlock their bike-1971-for the year WDW opened. Not very private though. I remember one day we were walking along when a family with bikes came by, and the lady said "Hey, I can't remember my bike lock combination." A man from down the way yelled over to her "It's 1971!" I kind of hope the resort gave up the idea of giving everyone that same code pretty quickly.

We are headed to Hilton Head for our first visit in August and are very excited. I have a few questions:

1. We will be bringing our bikes. Are there bike racks or another area to secure the bikes? One of the bikes is an eBike, so it is not practical to carry up a flight or more of stairs into a unit.

2. Golf. What is the best way to secure tee times? Do I just start calling various courses and seeing what the process is to get a tee time?

Thanks for the help!
I have had good luck using the apps Golfnow and Teetime at Hilton head getting tee times

Over the years, our experience has been almost exclusively 1 BRs. I hadn't noticed balcony coverage. Our favorite 1 BRs are 1137 and 1138.

As far as golf tee times, DH calls the different golf courses about a month in advance of our trip. There may be better ways to do it, but frankly I think he just likes to talk to the people at the golf courses, kind of like pretending he's there.
And there are bike racks for locking your bikes. Funny thing though-bring your own bike locks because when we were there last year, they gave us (as they always do) bike locks. However, everyone who rented a bike had the same 4 digit code to unlock their bike-1971-for the year WDW opened. Not very private though. I remember one day we were walking along when a family with bikes came by, and the lady said "Hey, I can't remember my bike lock combination." A man from down the way yelled over to her "It's 1971!" I kind of hope the resort gave up the idea of giving everyone that same code pretty quickly.
The only balconies that are not completely covered are the top-floor studios in Building 11. We stayed in one on one trip and didn't like that there was no protection from the sun unless you scooted way back toward the door. All of the 1-BRs are covered completely. I'm trying to remember; are 1137 and 1138 at the end of the hall in Building 11? One facing the interior of the "Disney island" and the other facing away from the resort?

The last trip our combination was something like 1983. May have been an important year but not sure. I don't think it was the same as the trip before that though.

Funny! We are leaving HHI today after spending a great few days after Easter here. Our bike lock combinations were 1983! Seems as if they like to use a consistent number when programming bike locks.

We were also lucky enough to see dolphins from the Fishing Pier when we tried to see an uncooperative sunset (behind clouds). It was low tide so maybe the frisky dolphins were looking for fish there at an opportune time?

Funny! We are leaving HHI today after spending a great few days after Easter here. Our bike lock combinations were 1983! Seems as if they like to use a consistent number when programming bike locks.

We were also lucky enough to see dolphins from the Fishing Pier when we tried to see an uncooperative sunset (behind clouds). It was low tide so maybe the frisky dolphins were looking for fish there at an opportune time?
I was 1983 combo as well. Do they want the bikes to get stolen? Insurance writeoff

I like the elevator in 12 also.

Has anyone stayed in building 13? Seems like it's off by itself - if I weren't in 12 on my balcony, I'm not even sure I would have known it was there. But looks like potential good views, nice swinging chair and secluded gas grill area.

Has anyone stayed in building 13? Seems like it's off by itself - if I weren't in 12 on my balcony, I'm not even sure I would have known it was there. But looks like potential good views, nice swinging chair and secluded gas grill area.
Stayed in Building 13 for President's Day weekend.
Loved the parking and the views! (Scored a parking spot under Live Oak Lodge)

The low tide timeframe is often a very good time to spot dolphins as they like to feed by herding fish near a bank and then scooping in to eat them. This action is accompanied by thrashing which drives the smaller fish near the bank, thus trapping them in a finite area.

13 is an almost hidden secret at the resort. It has great marsh views, tends to be a bit quieter (most families with kids try to get closer to the pool), has it's own hammock, a grill, horseshoes, and a porch swing attached to a pergola. Great spot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter