*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

I haven't stayed in Building 13, but I've thought about requesting it and Building 11 or 12 when we decide to do a 2-BR + studio for a larger family trip. The only thing I don't think I would like about Building 13 is to get to the other parts of the resort you either have to walk through the parking garage (what a way to break that Lowcountry vibe!) or go up the stairs by Big Murggie's Den and then back down another set of stairs.

. I'm trying to remember; are 1137 and 1138 at the end of the hall in Building 11? One facing the interior of the "Disney island" and the other facing away from the resort?
Those are the ones. There used to always be a bench or rocking chair there on the back porch, but now it's hit or miss.

Attachments

• IMG_1665.JPG
    IMG_1665.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 6
I haven't stayed in Building 13, but I've thought about requesting it and Building 11 or 12 when we decide to do a 2-BR + studio for a larger family trip. The only thing I don't think I would like about Building 13 is to get to the other parts of the resort you either have to walk through the parking garage (what a way to break that Lowcountry vibe!) or go up the stairs by Big Murggie's Den and then back down another set of stairs.
You can always cut by the parking garage in what is a naturally landscaped area and will lead out to the boardwalk. I've seen people do that. I call it four-wheeling. pirate: Further, when you do put in a request, ask for a "travel with" status for the other party. The assignors should then place them as close as possible to your 2BR.

I should know this, but I believe the balcony extends to the guest room, as well. lol I will check come Sunday if I remember.

In building 14 and 15, bedroom # 2 has a separate balcony. If you are standing on the main balcony and looking towards the bedroom area it is indented inwards and starts at the end wall of the kitchen. You cannot move/walk between the two balconies.

I've stayed in building 17 also but it's been so long ago that I don't remember the balconies

In building 14 and 15, bedroom # 2 has a separate balcony. If you are standing on the main balcony and looking towards the bedroom area it is indented inwards and starts at the end wall of the kitchen. You cannot move/walk between the two balconies.

I've stayed in building 17 also but it's been so long ago that I don't remember the balconies
Yes, this is what I was saying earlier. What I'm trying to remember is how the main balcony is larger than the other dedicated 2-BR balconies. It seems that it is, but I'm fuzzy on how.

I think we’ve decide to request building 15. We really want that second bedroom balcony, and it’s close to the entrance.

You can always cut by the parking garage in what is a naturally landscaped area and will lead out to the boardwalk. I've seen people do that. I call it four-wheeling. pirate: Further, when you do put in a request, ask for a "travel with" status for the other party. The assignors should then place them as close as possible to your 2BR.
Can you "four-wheel" during high tide? I figured this was frowned upon due to the possibility of snakes and alligators. Don't want any CMs yelling at me!

Can you "four-wheel" during high tide? I figured this was frowned upon due to the possibility of snakes and alligators. Don't want any CMs yelling at me!
Yep because high tide doesn't come in that far, and it's not in the marsh, so no CM will care. As for snakes, possibly, but I've only seen three over the past couple of years and none were poisonous (there aren't that many poisonous snakes around these parts). Gators? I've seen a couple in the water but none up on dry land and certainly not that far in from the marsh. pirate:

Post 1 and 2 has been updated.
If there are any changes that need to be made, just let me know on here or PM. :beach:

Looking forward to the Mother's Day trip!

Post 1 and 2 has been updated.
If there are any changes that need to be made, just let me know on here or PM. :beach:

Looking forward to the Mother's Day trip!
after looking at the pages. Are you going for the record of number of stays in a year at the same resort??:worship: If so you there are a few months you missed.:crazy2: Enjoy your time at HHI

after looking at the pages. Are you going for the record of number of stays in a year at the same resort??:worship: If so you there are a few months you missed.:crazy2: Enjoy your time at HHI
We love our home resort!
We use points for ourselves and pay cash with friends/family.
Dhhir is about 3 hours from home and is out getaway place.
Our eventual goal is to have visited during each month, and yes I think we have a few months to catch. Haha

The countdown is on! We leave Sunday for HHI and will be staying in our Marriott TS for the first week then moving to DHHIR for the rest of our trip. There's no place like home!

This will be our longest stay on HHI and are really looking forward to it!

The countdown is on! We leave Sunday for HHI and will be staying in our Marriott TS for the first week then moving to DHHIR for the rest of our trip. There's no place like home!

This will be our longest stay on HHI and are really looking forward to it!
Enjoy your trip!
We will be at DHHIR on Mother's Day weekend.

Our first visit to the resort was over 12 years ago, not sure exactly, but we have now bought points.

So, first trip back was April 3-9, 2022, 1BR, and now we’ve decided to take turns taking our 3 grown children and their respective families down each year in a 2BR. Going back Aug 28-Sep 2, 2022, then at least around the same time each year with the next fam.

Love this place!

Just FYI, looks like a change when you complete online check in for DHHIR after the email around the 10 day mark.
Now it is linked into MDE for online check in. Before it was a completely different website/platform.

You can now only have a room request of highest floor.
Looks like the marsh or island view requests are gone for online check in. (unless you call DHHIR)

Just FYI, looks like a change when you complete online check in for DHHIR after the email around the 10 day mark.
Now it is linked into MDE for online check in. Before it was a completely different website/platform.

You can now only have a room request of highest floor.
Looks like the marsh or island view requests are gone for online check in. (unless you call DHHIR)
I never do my requests this way. I always chat with MS and have them enter my requests. I also plan to do what sleepydog25 has suggested and call the front desk a few days beforehand.

Our first visit to the resort was over 12 years ago, not sure exactly, but we have now bought points.

So, first trip back was April 3-9, 2022, 1BR, and now we’ve decided to take turns taking our 3 grown children and their respective families down each year in a 2BR. Going back Aug 28-Sep 2, 2022, then at least around the same time each year with the next fam.

Love this place!
So I'm interested in your travel patterns. So you are planning on separate trips with your grown children and their families. Just out of curiosity, what made you choose that route versus with the whole family at the same time?

So I'm interested in your travel patterns. So you are planning on separate trips with your grown children and their families. Just out of curiosity, what made you choose that route versus with the whole family at the same time?
We did that at AKL Villas in 2018. Given the age of the grandchildren at this point, this will work out better for now.

I never do my requests this way. I always chat with MS and have them enter my requests. I also plan to do what sleepydog25 has suggested and call the front desk a few days beforehand.
I will try calling DHHIR for our 1st floor request this time (1 person with crutches).
Thanks for the heads up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter