Holiday Secret Sister Swap 2011- You may send package 2 as it is ready

rlovew

DIS Veteran
This is swap takes both time and money as part of your commitment- if you don't have enough of either please don't sign up- we want everyone who participates to end up with wonderful packages.

Rules:
1- you must have successfully completed two swaps on this board(this means your things got to the hostess on time- you might have them in but the swap is not due yet and that is acceptable)
2- you must send out your 1st box ($20 value) by Nov 15th
3- you must send out your 2nd box (reveal $20 value) by Dec 10th
4- Your second box must include 1 handmade item (can be scrap related or not)
5- you must get DC on each package you send
6- Please let me know if you are/are not willing to send internationally
7- If you have not swapped much before then please let me know what swap you have completed- You must have completed 2 swap ontime, never been late on a secret sister swap and not been habitually late in the last year for regular swaps.
7- Send in your questionaire by Tuesday Oct 25th at 8pm EST- I will send you your SS name and questionaire by Wednesday the 26tht before 5pm EST

What happens:
you will answer the questionaire and pm it to me- I will assign you a secret sister and you will buy and make things for her. You will send off 2 packages to your sister- with a total value of $40 not including the postage and DC.

You in turn will receive 2 packages from your secret sister(someone else). Please try to use the questionaire to help guide you. Feel free to ask other questions on the thread and allow everyone to answer if you need to know other things about your secret sister or pm me to have me ask your secret sister a question.

Kids:
Kids will also play and can be scrappers or not- have them tell their likes and dislikes as well. We will not use their real names on threads- instead make up a screen name for them (they don't have to register). They will have the have 2 packages at $10 each (no handmade requirement) and mailing requirements are the same as the adults.

Secret Sister Received package 1:
Adults:
mommy2mrb
JJ&JHsmom
Arizona Rita
MazdaUK
LoveMy3Kiddos
JohnsonLovesDisney

Girls:
Mickeyteacher's daughter- Ansley
mommy2mrb's daughter- Belle's Bestie
JJ&JH'smom's daughter- PrincessJulia
LoveMy3Kiddos' Daughter- Doddlebug

If I don't update names until Sunday afternoon/evening I am sorry. I have been called across the state because of medical issues with my brother and don't know how my internet access will be.

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca
I hope your family is doing well. Will keep them in prayer.

2 questions
1 Am I too late to join this?
2 Is it required that I need to make something homemade? I dont know if my work is good enough for homemade but I love shopping for this one.
(My confidence is way down in swapping as I recently had a major problem).

Rita - I love your stuff! Home-made can be scrap elements like you'd make for a swap - I love getting stuff like that! Its only just opened so there should be plenty of room for you:thumbsup2

Hi Rebecca
I hope your family is doing well. Will keep them in prayer.

2 questions
1 Am I too late to join this?
2 Is it required that I need to make something homemade? I dont know if my work is good enough for homemade but I love shopping for this one.
(My confidence is way down in swapping as I recently had a major problem).

You are not too late to join- it is open through Tuesday- although if I don't have a few more people by then I will keep it open a bit longer or we will have to cancel.

It is required that you send something homemade but it could be something you purchase from someone else who made it. It could be simple journal boxes and mats for their scrapping- it does not have to be fancy- just yours.

Rebecca

hope all is okay with your brother :goodvibes
just sent you mine and megan's answers!

thanks for putting this together!

Rebecca, I hope that everything is going ok for your family. PD &P!

Ok, I hope this holds because I thought of something cute that I could make but will have to start it soon.

Rebecca, I hope that everything is going ok for your family. PD &P!

Ok, I hope this holds because I thought of something cute that I could make but will have to start it soon.

I will do it even with only a few people. But I do think I will extend sign-ups to Thursday and send out info on Friday.

Rebecca

I have sent out the information for the secret sister swap to both kids and adults So you can start making and shopping.

Rebecca

thanks Rebecca, heading to our new Hobby Lobby tomorrow so great timing!

I got my info - thanks Rebecca. Can't wait to start shopping:goodvibes

Got my package :woohoo: filled with lots of cute goodies!

NY embellishments
Fall embellishments
flowers
Thanksgiving dish towl
turtle's candy
caramel apple lollipops

love it all! thank you to my secret sister!!!

Got my package today, and I have to day that it was just what I needed when I got home! Made my day a little brighter.:)

Chocolate, a girl's best friend!
Green brads, my favorite color!
notepad
stickers, I already am planning pages for
Ribbon
a really cute Mickey charm.

Thank you so much to my secret sister!!!!!

Cassey

Soo I just realized today is the 15th!!!! 7 days of work with no day off has thrown me off, and I still have 2 more to go. We will get our packages out asap!!

DD got her package yesterday but I was not home to see what she got. She loved it, so her Secret Pal did an awesome job.

I have DD's package to mail and will get it out tomorrow. Sorry it is 2 days late!
S :)

Hi this is Megan,

Thank you secret sister for my chocolates and pretty jewelry, I love it all :yay::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter