Hoping for Free Dining in the fall

gloriaf

Earning My Ears
I booked 8 nights at Pop Century the last week of September 2021 and I am hoping Free dining will make a comeback this year. Right now it is a room only as I held back getting park tickets just yet. If free dining does come back I am willing to change my dates if needed to be eligable for the promotion. Would it be better to book a package now and just cancel and rebook if I need to change my date? Thanks in advance.

I booked 8 nights at Pop Century the last week of September 2021 and I am hoping Free dining will make a comeback this year. Right now it is a room only as I held back getting park tickets just yet. If free dining does come back I am willing to change my dates if needed to be eligable for the promotion. Would it be better to book a package now and just cancel and rebook if I need to change my date? Thanks in advance.
I would not be looking for free dining as there is not enough open yet and not sure how much more will be open in the fall

Just a heads up its highly unlikely for this year especially considering that even getting a dining plan back at all this year is pretty iffy.
It would be better to book a package since free dining is a package promotion that requires a room and tickets booked together as a package.
What they have seemed to transitioned to at least for the moment is a "dining card" which is basically a gift card for certain quick service restaurants. So perhaps they would do some kind of "free dining" that way which I'm guessing would also require a package.

No way they will be offering free dining, especially end of September or early October, expect huge crowds for 50th anniversary as well as vaccine "revenge travel".
That was my thought.... Was just hopeful I guess. We have been to Disney 4 times in the fall with Free Dining. Took the grandkids. Was great while it lasted.

Just a heads up its highly unlikely for this year especially considering that even getting a dining plan back at all this year is pretty iffy.
It would be better to book a package since free dining is a package promotion that requires a room and tickets booked together as a package.
What they have seemed to transitioned to at least for the moment is a "dining card" which is basically a gift card for certain quick service restaurants. So perhaps they would do some kind of "free dining" that way which I'm guessing would also require a package.
Thanks Pixie Dust Snow. That is probably what we will do. I did see the "dining gift card" promotion. That is at least something.

The latest promotion they did was a package with 5 ticket days for the price of 3. Considerable savings for families with kids in some cases (you still have to do the math to make sure it works for you).

My thoughts on this is that with the limited number of dining locations and the seriously reduced menu options all dining should be included in the full price tickets you are required to purchase for reduced shows and attractions.

I will be surprised to see it return before next year.
The number of restaurants open and the attendance both need to increase before that happens.

With reduced number of seating, fewer table servers and food preparers, shorter hours, I don't envision free dining to be offered until maybe 2022 at the earliest. And it would probably be to fill resorts.

Just an FYI, that dining card is only available with good neighbor hotel reservations. You can't get it if you stay at an official Disney resort. It's apparently always been a thing since good neighbor hotels could never get the dining plan.

Keep hoping Don’t see them giving anything for free.
We are going regardless.... Been to Disney 4 times in the fall with Free dining promotion. I realize this year will obviously be much different. Just wondered what others thought.

If you currently have a room-only reservation, it's more difficult to change it into a package. The packages and room-only are two different departments with different reservation numbers. I would suggest booking a package if you plan on getting a package. Also booking a package with tickets will help if you have to cancel, as you may not get a refund on your tickets if they're purchased separately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter