Hotels Charging for self-parking!

Originally posted by WDWMaria

Then they must have thought my husband and me were VIP's since we didn't pay a dime last week! LOL Must have been the cool sunglasses we wore!! :smooth: :D
Maria

Well Maria, for me it must have been my cool new convertible!! (No charge on July 24 - 26th!)

"Earl,you said Disney charges $6.00 to park at their resorts.We have never paid
before or is this something new? I hope not for Disney has always provided very good
security and it came free. I am talking about many years of free guarded parking from
Disney where it seems Lowes and Universal change their mind monthly."

Nothing is free, especially at the mouse. You paid for your parking somehow, somewhere. Now you pay more. Universal undoubtedly hired more security personnel to man the hotel lots, as tasking the existing department with the extra duties would have stretched them from the parks and back of house areas. The cost has to be made up somehow, but don't think for a minute that Disney eats extra costs to protect the customer. Remember, they consistantly lead the pack in raising admission prices each year EVEN when they have no new attractions to offer.

Earl, self parking is still free at all WDW resorts.

Yes, the cost of parking (as well as landscaping, electricity, water, maid service, front desk clerks, floor mopping, pool chemicals, lamp post paint, and everything else) is captured in the room rate at WDW resorts. And this is the way it SHOULD be!

Don't blindside me with a petty extra charge when I get there. This is just like those "resort fees" that some off-site hotels charge. I can't stand crap like this.
Remember, they consistantly lead the pack in raising admission prices each year
Yes, and Universal can thank them for it, since UO matches the increases dollar for dollar. The moment UO thinks Disney has outpriced, it won't follow. Hasn't happened, has it?

I have to agree that Disney gets their parking fee somehow.
I think there is a fee at the Universal Hotels because
Security has been increased since the beginning of the year, and they had to hire people to do this. For 5.00 a day, its worth it to me to know my car is safe. Also, the charge is posted and the people taking reservations on the phone have always mentioned it to me when I have called for reservations. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter