How do you add your credit card to the Tokyo Disney App??

Were you still able to get what you wanted for the priority pass even after entering in your card info? I just don’t want to miss out on getting a good return time for priority pass if we’re wasting time putting a card in the app after getting in the park
When I went last May, there was no problem getting the paid premiere passes throughout the day. They didn't sell out...at least not until evening. I was able to get almost immediate return times for most things. Locals didn't buy them, and there just weren't that many tourists, is my guess.

It sounds like the situation has changed drastically since the introduction of the free priority passes. I find it hard to believe that they've dramatically increased park capacity, so I have to think that there are just fewer premiere passes available now- that a lot of those time slots are going to the free passes.

I just know that the reports I'm reading now don't match my experience at all.

All that said, entering the credit card info was super easy. The prompt to enter the info was clear, and I had no trouble getting my cards to work in the park. If you have your card out (or your number memorized), you'll be able to enter it quickly and will only lose a moment.

When I went last May, there was no problem getting the paid premiere passes throughout the day. They didn't sell out...at least not until evening. I was able to get almost immediate return times for most things. Locals didn't buy them, and there just weren't that many tourists, is my guess.

It sounds like the situation has changed drastically since the introduction of the free priority passes. I find it hard to believe that they've dramatically increased park capacity, so I have to think that there are just fewer premiere passes available now- that a lot of those time slots are going to the free passes.

I just know that the reports I'm reading now don't match my experience at all.

All that said, entering the credit card info was super easy. The prompt to enter the info was clear, and I had no trouble getting my cards to work in the park. If you have your card out (or your number memorized), you'll be able to enter it quickly and will only lose a moment.
I can confirm, the passes did not sell out until evening. I personally don't get the point of priority passes, even prior to the system I never waited more than like an hour for most of the big rides (tower of terror went down to a 20 minute wait at one point). Smaller rides had an even shorter queue, and so hearing that there is so many lines lately makes me wonder if I just got lucky, or it is like an artificial manipulation of the queues.

I don’t even see a spot to add a card on the app or the browser.
I finally got a little time to play with it. And I am not finding it either. I tried entering my info into the US account to see if it would be in the Japan version but when I acted like I was going to book a room, it didn't appear to be in there.

We will be going in July and it is likely going to be very high crowd levels. And we are not staying at a Disney hotel. So I would really like to have my info ready to go in the app to be sure I am able to get at least some of the premiere passes we would like (and dare I hope a stand-by pass or two for a Fantasyland attraction or restaurant? Even a store, just to get me in the land! That may be too much to ask!)

Off to do more research!

I finally got a little time to play with it. And I am not finding it either. I tried entering my info into the US account to see if it would be in the Japan version but when I acted like I was going to book a room, it didn't appear to be in there.

We will be going in July and it is likely going to be very high crowd levels. And we are not staying at a Disney hotel. So I would really like to have my info ready to go in the app to be sure I am able to get at least some of the premiere passes we would like (and dare I hope a stand-by pass or two for a Fantasyland attraction or restaurant? Even a store, just to get me in the land! That may be too much to ask!)

Off to do more research!
I think you're worrying too much about the few seconds it's going to take to type in your card number (memorize it!), when what's really going to matter is where you are in the line of guests to get into the park. Your morning arrival time is going to make a huge difference. I can tell you that on a quiet day in May, with no special events, the lines were already long by 7am. I can't imagine how early the lines will form this summer!

Another random thing: If you're relying on the monorail to get you to the parks early, I was surprised to find that the monorail station wasn't open yet when I walked over from the Hilton just before 6:30. I couldn't even buy a ticket yet! Plan for different transportation to the parks if you want to be there before about 6:50/7:00.

I think you're worrying too much about the few seconds it's going to take to type in your card number (memorize it!), when what's really going to matter is where you are in the line of guests to get into the park. Your morning arrival time is going to make a huge difference. I can tell you that on a quiet day in May, with no special events, the lines were already long by 7am. I can't imagine how early the lines will form this summer!

Another random thing: If you're relying on the monorail to get you to the parks early, I was surprised to find that the monorail station wasn't open yet when I walked over from the Hilton just before 6:30. I couldn't even buy a ticket yet! Plan for different transportation to the parks if you want to be there before about 6:50/7:00.

That is good information about the monorail! We definitely plan on getting there early. I was just looking around on google maps and it does look like the monorail does not open until 6:30am. Very good to know!

I think the part I am worried about is the card not working in the app. That seems to be the problem that many people have. I have a lot of cards but I don't really want to have to be screwing around with all of that right when entering the park. This random guy on reddit seemed to think having it already added to your account helped this process. But who knows, really.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter