How does Geyser Point work?

Pluto80

DIS Veteran
We're staying at Copper Creek in the summer and would like to try Geyser Point. We've not had the dining plan for years but thought we'd have it for a few days. I thought Geyser Point was a QS but on a vlog I just saw it looked like TS. Was hoping someone could clarify for me please.

Geyser Point has a QS ordering counter/shack. You would have to take your food down closer to the water (or elsewhere) when searching for a table to sit and eat. There is also the lounge area where you can order from the QS as well as lounge menu. I bet you saw the lounge being featured in the vlog. I don't think you can use QS credits there though.

Last edited:
We're staying at Copper Creek in the summer and would like to try Geyser Point. We've not had the dining plan for years but thought we'd have it for a few days. I thought Geyser Point was a QS but on a vlog I just saw it looked like TS. Was hoping someone could clarify for me please.

Geyser Point (and Roaring Fork) are both QS, and particularly decent ones in my opinion :)

You can use QS credits according to this, and i'm pretty its listed as a QS dining plan location on the Disney site too, but as also posted, I think this is the outside bit.

Last edited:
Yes, it was the lounge bit I saw. So is there no proper seating for the QS?

When we ate there 2 years ago, the "sit down" part was QS. We had a server, but still used a QS credit for our meal.

Yes we have done this a few times, its basically almost like a half "table service" because you do get the server etc. but only are required to use a quick service credit.

We just left gratuity for the servers each time.
The bison burger is very good also.

At Geyser Point you are seated by a hostess to a table/seating area and you have a server.
It is quick service on the dining plan. The food is very good and so are the adult beverages!! Very relaxing.
There is a walk up quick service outside towards the side of Geyser Point. You can order your food at the window and pick up. You can sit outside but not inside. Also qs credits.

GP is an odd duck. It's a combo QS/TS place. You obviously can't make ADRs, but if you show up and there's no room to sit "inside" GP, then you can put your name on a wait list. It is often crowded with no table at which to sit, though you can sit at the bar and get the same menu. People also tend to linger at their tables more than most QS or even TS, especially during busy times. Some seats/tables are close together, so if you do manage to find someone who doesn't hog a whole area with just 2-3 people, then you may be sitting elbow to elbow with the other diners. The food is fairly good at GP, and it's a beautiful location. However, there really aren't many places to sit unless you factor in the bar itself. If you're a family of four or more, and you go during normal lunch or dinner hours, then you might be waiting for some time. As good as GP can be, it could have been much better.

As for Roaring Fork, it's a shadow of its former self. It used to be a very good QS; now, it's average at best.

Last edited:
We love GP but have never done the DDP. Can you get the Charcuterie board as your QS? Anyone know? It is SO GOOD. Every item on there is delicious.

My husband would like the bison burger and there are some great drink selections too. Thinking it will be a strong option if we go with the DDP.

We used QS credits at geyser point. My husband got the food and we ate it by the pool. It was very good

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter