How much is a rental worth?

Per point, not per night. DVC Rental "only" charges $26 per point for their most requested rental locations at 11 months and less at 7 months, and they do offer a version of a cancellation policy. If you want to rent, there is basically zero chance of you getting $30 a point. Realistically, the most you would get per point is about $22 right now. Just take a look at the rental board and see how much people are renting their points for. As others have mentioned, it is anywhere between $18 and $22 per point. If economic conditions get even worse, prices could go lower. Good luck!
Gotcha.
So if $26 is max, then getting $22 and not have to do anything is well worth it. Truthfully i haven't fully decided to rent it out, but if i was able to get crazy money for it, i was more tempted.

Gotcha.
So if $26 is max, then getting $22 and not have to do anything is well worth it. Truthfully i haven't fully decided to rent it out, but if i was able to get crazy money for it, i was more tempted.
I don’t think $22 a point is out of the question, especially depending on when and where! Hope it works out for you!

I'll second this. I've only rented points twice over the years and used a broker. It's easy and straightforward, and the delta between doing it myself and what I received from the broker was small enough to make the convenience worth it.
I haven't rented points before but to avoid the hassle of dealing with people and ensure I receive what I'm owed for the points I'd probably use a broker anyways even though I know OP is knowledgeable enough about DVC. People are crazy and avoiding the risk of getting scammed or some other BS is worth the broker fee lol.

The top reason to use the broker imo, is to avoid weeding through the number of people who aren’t seriously ready to spend $$ or have no knowledge about how this works. I imagine it’s similar to fb marketplace with 1/15 are serious buyers.

The top reason to use the broker imo, is to avoid weeding through the number of people who aren’t seriously ready to spend $$ or have no knowledge about how this works. I imagine it’s similar to fb marketplace with 1/15 are serious buyers.
That too. I'm in a couple of facebook DVC rental groups just to observe but the number of people who are like can I get this AKV value studio or standard view Boardwalk studio 2 months out is insane lol

That too. I'm in a couple of facebook DVC rental groups just to observe but the number of people who are like can I get this AKV value studio or standard view Boardwalk studio 2 months out is insane lol
I agree that people are crazy. You’re also in a business relationship with this person until the trip is over. I wonder how many emails that entails? Maybe not many with an experienced renter. But I’d just be looking to have a decent amount of $$ back on the points if I wasn’t able to use them with least amount of effort.

I agree that people are crazy. You’re also in a business relationship with this person until the trip is over. I wonder how many emails that entails? Maybe not many with an experienced renter. But I’d just be looking to have a decent amount of $$ back on the points if I wasn’t able to use them with least amount of effort.
Yep. i think I'm just going to use the reservation for myself.

My plan to avoid the risk was to get paypal in full, & I figured with the rarity of the res it would probably still rent like that, but apparently not for $30pp. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter