How much is your 2018 Disney trip going to cost?

Leaving in 11 days - this trip we had to book a different hotel than usual- checked again noticed and our usual is available, we've changed it and now saved us $200 (plus more as breakfast is now provided).

I am up for the challenge! The last time we went was in 2013 and I said $40/meal for the 5 of us. Of course 1 kid ordered from the kids menu, the other went back and forth and the other also went back and forth but had a few allergy aka $$$$ meals. We did it for all counter service minus one when 2 of my kids wanted some orange smoothie thing so that meal was $50.

Also we do not buy drinks in the park (minus the above) and drink water with all our CS meals. My kids know/knew that in advance and were fine with that. They know they can drink all the soda they want on pool days.

So it’s DH and I and we try to split some meals if we can-get a Caesar salad and sandwich and eat half of each. I am trying to talk him into splitting the fajita platter at pecos bills. We will eat at Casey’s twice since we like it and it’s cheap per Disney standards.

Our kids will be 17, 14 and 12 at the time of the trip. The 12 year old will eat off both menus. Heck the 17 year old will too as she thinks she is a bird! Those 2 will gladly eat Mac and cheese cups on 2 pool days so that will save me oodles of money in turn they will make up for it with ice cream or something else-and I already asked them if they wanted to do that and both said yes without hesitation, if they said no, they could get food, I am ok with that too! I would make my son eat it too but he is still allergic to that kind of cheese. Mac and cheese cups won’t fill me up otherwise I’d eat it too.

I do groceries for breakfast (and water) so that saves lots! The $120 is for lunch and dinner only. We will most likely do 2 sit downs, one will be WCC and still trying determine if there will be another one. My kids want chef mickeys but my wallet told them no! It’s fun, but we have done it and I’d like to eat elsewhere and spend half that. Actually we are going to eat at T. rex. So maybe one other place. I will have my sons dairy free butter and will make him a few Rice Krispie treats so he can have those on nights I know the other 2 want crap to eat, other then ice cream.

So yeah I am up for the challenge. That is my goal. I just counted my *free* Disney money and I have just over $1800 and I am sure it will be close to $2000 before we go. That all goes for food, snacks, cups and what little Disney crap we buy....but wait if I don’t eat a few meals I will have quite a few $$$ left and I can get a Dooney ....

Wish us luck!
Good luck. I'm budgeting 150.00 a day for just me and my son. I like my over priced Disney adult pool side beverages.

My best friend and I are going in May. We are staying onsite at Pop:$725 for 5 nights. Got our flights during one of Southwest's sales, so $380 for 2 roundtrip tickets. I have an AP, so no cost for my ticket, need a 5 day park hopper for her so $500 there. We have budgeted $900 for food for the week and that's high side for us. We don't eat very much when it is warm, and plan on drinking water from the QS locations all the time.

All told $2505 for a week long stay. Not bad in my book.

We are doing 16 nights in December for 2 adults! Hopefully we will get a small room discount on pop once they come out And a portion of our spending $ comes from Disney dollars redeemed from our Disney Chase Visa!
7 nights Beach Club DVC rental: $1926
9 nights POP: $1380.39
Food/souvenir budget: $4800
Boarding for dog: $615
2 Annual passes: $1190.68 (platinum plus with DVC deal that was our late last year)
Gas (we drive) $400
Hotel on drive down/back: $250
Very merry ticket est: $155
Tables in wonderland: $150
Grand total: $10,867.07

Our honeymoon trip from May 30 - June 10 is really pricey , but we've registered for our Honeymoon which will hopefully offset some of the cost through wedding gifts.

Our charges are:

POR Room and 10-Day Park Ticket Package: $3822.15
Upgrade to Park Hopper Plus: $170.40
Total Price: $3992.55

12-Day Food Budget (without dining plan): $2400.00
Souvenir Budget: $500.00
Airfare: $673.82 (includes all baggage fees and seat selections)

1-Day Universal 2 Park-2-Park Tickets with Unlimited Express Pass for 2: $597.98

Grand Total: $8164.35

In the past to save money we have always looked for free dining to save money. Now that moderate resorts don’t include regular dining I am looking to see other ways people save money. We enjoy the regular dining plan meal plan but thinking we could pay out of pocket for the same services and pay less for our hotel.

The free dining promotion was my go-to also. I even booked a free dining bounceback this past September. However, I canceled it after I did the math and I'm saving quite a bit of money by renting DVC points and paying OOP for food instead. I am staying at Bay Lake Tower studio lake view for 5 nights at Christmas for $1500. This is less than half the cost if I were to pay full price for the room. The "free dining" doesn't even come close to the savings.

Flights will be on points and I have Southwest CP.

I plan to purchase discounted tickets from Undercover Tourist or similar, and use a credit card sign up bonus to erase most of the ticket cost. I only need to buy two tickets since my daughter will still be two when we arrive. Going for her 3rd birthday!

I will be paying for food/souvenirs with gift cards I earn through swagbucks. I have about $500 at the moment and have another 10 months to earn more.

Last edited:
Quick trip - I have a conference for work and DD is flying down to join me for the weekend. I've been hoping this would work out, but it only just came together. :cheer2:

My flights/most of the hotel/a few meals - free because I'm going for a conference for most of the week
DD's flight - $12 (thanks SW points!)
Hotel - $300ish (extra night on my own dime)
Disney After Hours- $180 (AP price)
2 day park tix for DD - $190
Start Wars VR (maybe) - $60
Meals (not included in conference)- $200ish (may be able to do it for less)
My park tix - free 'cause I bought an AP a couple of trips ago

So a less than $1k out of my pocket for a pretty swanky (but short) trip! Oh, and I'm getting gift cards using the 10x points offers from chase pay, so I will be getting a bunch of UR points that I can use later - haven't figured out exactly how much that takes off the price of this trip...

We're still trying to figure it out... We've got deluxe tastes, but with 3 kids, we no longer have a deluxe budget. :sad: I'm hoping that we can rent DVC points, but I haven't yet been able to convince hubby to do that.

We might be able to recoup some of our flight costs with one of our credit card "rewards".

I'm guessing we'll hit somewhere between $7-9k. :scared:

August 2018, Me and dgd considered disney "adult". 8 nights standard room Pop. 5 day hoppers (may upgrade to waterpark) free qs dining plans $2337. I've paid off $2237 of it with gift cards that cost me about $2070. Almost there!

Last edited:
June 1-9 2 adults, 2 "Disney" adults, 1 child

Driving (gas)~~$250
2 nights at hotels on traveling days~~$200
1 night @ Universal's Loews Royal Pacific w/ 1 day tickets~~$1087
5 nights @ Disney's Caribbean Beach, 4 day tickets w/ MM~~$2927
Approx food budget for entire trip~~$1265
Stop at the Memphis Zoo on the drive home~~$65
Kids have gift cards and saved money for souvenirs~~$0

Total~~$5794

Originally the budget was going to stay under $5000 since we planned on staying at a condo offsite and I was going to skip a few meals that I really wanted to do, but we decided that we would go ahead and stay onsite if I could find a good deal. Plus my husband is a sweetie and didn't mind if I booked a couple of the restaurants I wanted to try (Boma and Yak & Yeti).

With various cashback and gift cards from holidays ($863 so far) that brings it down to $4931. So I guess I did get it back down to the original budget of under $5000!

Last edited:
Our honeymoon trip from May 30 - June 10 is really pricey , but we've registered for our Honeymoon which will hopefully offset some of the cost through wedding gifts.

Our charges are:

POR Room and 10-Day Park Ticket Package: $3822.15

I would double check your POR price, as I just changed my reservation today online to get the Fun in the Sun discount. It saved me a little over $200 and upgraded our room view. Just in case you can save any money. :)

Last edited:
Late August Trip with 1 adult, 2 kids

Airfare: $810
6 nights Pop Century: $925
5 day tickets: $1144 or $1380 if we end up getting park hoppers to get a free dining discount
Food: $450 (this would either be the cost to upgrade free QS plan to DDP +tips;or just OOP)
Extras: $250 (memory maker, souvenirs, uber, etc)

So $3600-3800. I'm using the high end for budgeting purposes. If there are some last August deals it will hopefully either let me shave a little bit off the room cost or go with the splurge on lots of character meals--I'll decide when we get there!

The free dining promotion was my go-to also. I even booked a free dining bounceback this past September. However, I canceled it after I did the math and I'm saving quite a bit of money by renting DVC points and paying OOP for food instead. I am staying at Bay Lake Tower studio lake view for 5 nights at Christmas for $1500. This is less than half the cost if I were to pay full price for the room. The "free dining" doesn't even come close to the savings.

Flights will be on points and I have Southwest CP.

I plan to purchase discounted tickets from Undercover Tourist or similar, and use a credit card sign up bonus to erase most of the ticket cost. I only need to buy two tickets since my daughter will still be two when we arrive. Going for her 3rd birthday!

I will be paying for food/souvenirs with gift cards I earn through swagbucks. I have about $500 at the moment and have another 10 months to earn more.

Where did you rent the points from if you don’t mind my asking. I assume the number of points needed varies with the dates you need. This is the first time I’ve looked at that resort, looks like a beautiful resort.

9 days at Wilderness coming up—

DVC annual dues $1500
Annual Passes $1800 (for 3)
Dining $1200
Airfare $1000

So, $5400 — but, I plan on getting another trip in on the AP’s, so let’s knock it down by $900 and say $4500

Where did you rent the points from if you don’t mind my asking. I assume the number of points needed varies with the dates you need. This is the first time I’ve looked at that resort, looks like a beautiful resort.
I'm not the PP, but you can explore the cost of renting a DVC reservation at David's Vacation Club Rentals

There are others, but David's is a disboards sponsor. You can also rent a reservation by dealing with an owner directly. There's a DVC Rent/Trade board which can only be seen if you are logged in and you can find owners with points available to make a reservation for renters. Just be aware that DVC is a timeshare and there are differences between staying in a DVC villa on points and paying cash to Disney for the same unit. And renting is almost always nonrefundable with no changes to the reservation permitted.

Super budget resort-only trip:
CBR for three nights-$420.18 (includes tax)
SW flights for 5 people-$500
Instacart/Publix- $110
3 Mugs-$60
Total:$1090.18

Feb/March trip: 2 adults for 8 nights at POFQ=$3000.00 with park hoppers.
Airfare from N. Minnesota: 2 adults via Minneapolis is $748.00 (a deal as it usually costs over 500 each)
Food: ? out of pocket but we are not big eaters and save a lot of money NOT using the dining plan. Est: under 1000.00 with souveniers.

Forgot to say we booked with our TA, and got a my way package including resort, tickets, park hoppers.
We are from Northern Minnesota (Duluth) and we are going 2/14-2/24! Have a fun trip.

Trip dates 2/14 to 2/24. 10 nights 2 adults

Airfare is $350, one flight is free, flights were very expensive this time so chose to use the free flight we had.
Lodging is $2600. This is 3 nights at PoP Century standard room and 7 nights at BLT studio lake view, rented DVC points.
Food budget is usually a $100 a Day, we are light eaters and often share so this works. $1000. For the trip
DAH on 2/15 is $180. With AP discount, used rewards money for this so free! (Sort of, lol)
Souvenirs $200. We go often so may not even spend this much.
USO for 1 day is $300. For park to park ticket for 2.
Total is $4450.

We are from Northern Minnesota (Duluth) and we are going 2/14-2/24! Have a fun trip.

You will have a great trip. We went last year Feb 6 to the 16th and had a great time. We didn't expect to like it so much, as we usually go early Dec or early November. We only encountered 2 BTG;s and they were no problem. There were a lot of cheer groups in the park, but we avoided getting in lines with them. All was easily manageable. We wanted to try first of March to see the F&G flowers.
We love Duluth, and go there and the North Shore each year too. Live in Bemidji. Have a great trip:)

Trip dates 2/14 to 2/24. 10 nights 2 adults

Airfare is $350, one flight is free, flights were very expensive this time so chose to use the free flight we had.
Lodging is $2600. This is 3 nights at PoP Century standard room and 7 nights at BLT studio lake view, rented DVC points.
Food budget is usually a $100 a Day, we are light eaters and often share so this works. $1000. For the trip
DAH on 2/15 is $180. With AP discount, used rewards money for this so free! (Sort of, lol)
Souvenirs $200. We go often so may not even spend this much.
USO for 1 day is $300. For park to park ticket for 2.
Total is $4450.

Sounds like you got some good deals!
I was wondering, is the AP worth it if you live so far away?? You can PM me or reply here if you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter