how to send a lump sum?

paulh

<font color=blue>likes to have a beer<br><font col
DSIL and her husband have just come back with us.
They stayed with us at SSR and guess what,yes they bought into dvc
They have bought 230 points at $104 a point AKL (they went for the developer double points)
Question is
There buying as a lump sum,so have to pay $23,920 in one go.They dont have a nationwide cc or a post office cc.Have to pay within 40 days so not realy time to get one,and not enougth limit
anyone know best way to pay, i am thinking of someone like xe.com or somone like them.Anyone used similar or can recomend
Thanks Paul

When I first purchased into the vacation club I paid by credit card, unfortunately my linit was not enough to cover the full ammount but my rep let me pay to my limit clear it then settle up the next month.
With my second purchase just wired the ammout via my bank a bit costly but all done in one go.

had a look at travelex,they do a property one on there site?Like i said to late to get a good $rate CC
Paulh

Perhaps they can phone their credit card company up and pre-pay the amount and then phone Disney up. Thus they will not be going over the limit as they will have the amount already in credit.

Susan

Hi Paul,
Not sure how much you want to get involved but I guess they could pay the cash onto your Nationwide card and then you pay DVC using the credit balance. Obviously you would need to let Nationwide know before hand.

Mick.

:cool2:

dont think tax man would belive me when i get pulled in
Paulh

Like Dizneemad, our guide offered us the facility to spread the lump sum across 2 or 3 cc payments to fit in with our cc limit. Maybe worth asking?

Surely the easiest thing is just to pay your credit card into credit by as much as is needed, and then get DVC to take a creit card charge - the worst you'll get will be a security check by the credit card company.

There is no reason why you cannot put the credit card into credit.

Surely the easiest thing is just to pay your credit card into credit by as much as is needed, and then get DVC to take a creit card charge - the worst you'll get will be a security check by the credit card company.

There is no reason why you cannot put the credit card into credit.

main reason is they dont have a nationwide CC (been telling them for years to get one)
dont want to use mine for them as i have been pulled in by the tax man in past,and a transaction like that is flaged up as its over £10,000
Paulh

main reason is they dont have a nationwide CC (been telling them for years to get one)
dont want to use mine for them as i have been pulled in by the tax man in past,and a transaction like that is flaged up as its over £10,000
Paulh
Do they not have their own CC of some variety? They'll get a decent rate by using a CC if they have one.

Appreciate that the transaction may get pulled for a security check, but will still go through ok. Not sure why the taxman would be interested in it, it's not as if you earn money from it:confused3

Not sure why the taxman would be interested in it, it's not as if you earn money from it:confused3

take it that you havent been pulled in by the tax man.Put it this way its not worth it.I know ive been there,and i dident do anything wrong honest gov
Paulh

We did exactly what is suggested above - put our CC into credit and then paid over the phone. I got quite a few loyalty points for that transaction, I can tell you ;)

I did enquire at my bank who wanted £80 for the privelege of sending the money so I decided to give that a miss, but if they have no CC then this might be an option.

I take it the purchase is being made direct from Disney?

I am in the process of trying to buy resale and they will not accept a credit card payment. It has cost me just under £40 to send a bank payment of $2000!!!! I will need to pay again to send my settlement..presuming we pass ROFR.

when we first bought in it was too much for our cc so we did it via a bank transfer at our bank, think it was £25, have to say it was really easy ans simple, bank did it all

unsure where their money is coming from i.e. is it in their bank account because disney also take a debit card payment

they have got the money just trying to save them the 2.75% plus any extra charge
Paulh

We just paid using our CC - and ours was quite a bit more than the amount you're talking about. We got loads of points too:thumbsup2

Open a citibank $ account and then send a cheque or use the citibank debit card to pay.

I got my bank to wire the balance due but I think it cost me about £30 to do so. I wasn't even aware all these alternatives were out there!
If I'd found these boards before buying DVC, I could have saved some money:headache: Still, it's all a learning curve:)
I did consider the credit card option but didn't have enough credit on a single card to do so and thought it would have been messy to start using more than one.

To be honest I was just so keen to pay and be all officially paid up that I didn't give the whole thing much thought.:cutie:

How do you open a Citibank account then?

Im an the process of buying and was Wondering can you pay buy debit card?
i have got the money in my account so its only a mater of gettin the details from Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter