How to Start the Annual Pass?

I didn’t follow all of the thread above (sorry), but you still need to get actual AP cards, right?

We have those already as well, guest services gave us those when we purchased the passes onsite. I just checked the date on the cards and it says 2017-2018 on it so they should be good for the rest of this year at least, I just might have to get a new one if we go again during the 2019 end of our activation period

We have those already as well, guest services gave us those when we purchased the passes onsite. I just checked the date on the cards and it says 2017-2018 on it so they should be good for the rest of this year at least, I just might have to get a new one if we go again during the 2019 end of our activation period

Ahh, cool, thanks!

For APs specifically, ID for all adults 18+ is needed, and proof of Florida residency or DVC membership if applicable to the pass type.
I realize this reply is about a month old but I had a question. What exactly is needed for proof of DVC membership? Just the membership card? Would it be the same if we bought the APs in person. Just want to have all my ducks in a row.

What is the process for upgrading park tickets to APs? We have a trip booked in April and want to upgrade to APs during that trip. Can someone walk me through that process? Thanks!

What is the process for upgrading park tickets to APs? We have a trip booked in April and want to upgrade to APs during that trip. Can someone walk me through that process? Thanks!

From the "All About Tickets" Sticky always available at the top of this forum.

Click:
• Upgrading Tickets -Post 5

The potential issue is that the info may have changed from yesterday.

My Info will be REVISED as I learn any new procedures, facts and figures.
Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Memory Maker will automatically be activated when the AP's are without doing anything else, correct?

Thinking about getting my first AP. So, if I buy one November 1, 2018. Will I be able to get fast passes for my first trip that I will be using it ( in mid January 2019) at the 60 day mark even though it won't be activated till January? And will it be good for a year from purchase, or from the activation date?

Thinking about getting my first AP.
1. So, if I buy one November 1, 2018. Will I be able to get fast passes for my first trip that I will be using it ( in mid January 2019) at the 60 day mark even though it won't be activated till January?
2. And will it be good for a year from purchase, or from the activation date?

1. Yes.
2. Always, an AP will only "start" its year of use after its owner starts actually USING it, in-person, at WDW.

1. Yes.
2. Always, an AP will only "start" its year of use after its owner starts actually USING it, in-person, at WDW.
Thanks for the additional information! Even though I live so far away, in Maine, I find myself taking two or three winter trips a year. This year I would have saved 10 bucks if I had purchased an AP. And, then those discounts would have added up!

Thinking of upgrading my MYW tickets to AP in April ... I hope the procedure stays the same. I was already to head down to Disney Springs and get it taken care of as soon as I got there! haha. One question ... Can someone tell me what the current resort discount is for April. I am thinking of adding two days onto the end of my trip, but am wondering if I shouldn't just want until I get my AP and then book the extra two days after that ... or before I go. :sad2:

Can someone tell me what the current resort discount is for April. I am thinking of adding two days onto the end of my trip, but am wondering if I shouldn't just want until I get my AP and then book the extra two days after that ... or before I go.

This is a better question for the Resorts/Discount board, but FWIW, the current AP discount promotion is valid for stays through 4/14/2018. The AP discount for 4/15+ 'should' be out sometime soon (many speculate this week).

I plugged in a random date range in early April and it showed a 30% discount at CBR.

Remember that AP discounts are always subject to availability, so the details of your exact dates, resort, and room type matter. In other words, just having the AP doesn't automatically = a resort room discount, there has to be availability of that discount (and sometimes AP discounts can be very limited). (Sorry if you already know this, just making sure)

This is a better question for the Resorts/Discount board, but FWIW, the current AP discount promotion is valid for stays through 4/14/2018. The AP discount for 4/15+ 'should' be out sometime soon (many speculate this week).

I plugged in a random date range in early April and it showed a 30% discount at CBR. on

Remember that AP discounts are always subject to availability, so the details of your exact dates, resort, and room type matter. In other words, just having the AP doesn't automatically = a resort room discount, there has to be availability of that discount (and sometimes AP discounts can be very limited). (Sorry if you already know this, just making sure)

Thank you! I can move this post ... I wasn't sure where to post it. I was looking to add two days at AKL. (4/11-4/13)
I didn't know any of that, so thank you!!!

Thank you! I can move this post ... I wasn't sure where to post it. I was looking to add two days at AKL. (4/11-4/13)
I didn't know any of that, so thank you!!!

Ahh, ok - I saw CBR in your sig so was thinking CBR. If you want more info definitely post on the Resorts/Discounts board, but I'll answer here for convenience:

The only AP discount availability I see for those dates (other than suites) is for a Pool View - Bunk Bed room, rack rate of $547, AP rate of $355.55 (so 35%). Those are pre-tax numbers.

There IS room availability across every room/view category at the rack rate and decent availability under the current "Sun & Fun Room Offer" which appears to be 20% off rack rate.

Hope that helps!

Ahh, ok - I saw CBR in your sig so was thinking CBR. If you want more info definitely post on the Resorts/Discounts board, but I'll answer here for convenience:

The only AP discount availability I see for those dates (other than suites) is for a Pool View - Bunk Bed room, rack rate of $547, AP rate of $355.55 (so 35%). Those are pre-tax numbers.

There IS room availability across every room/view category at the rack rate and decent availability under the current "Sun & Fun Room Offer" which appears to be 20% off rack rate.

Hope that helps!

You are a lifesaver!!! Thanks you so so much. With your brilliant intel, it seems like I might as well just add on my rooms now ... earlier I saw a Std view for the same price as AP rate. I can delete these posts if needed! Thanks again.

We stopped by the one at Epcot, but unfortunately we didn't get the most awesome cast member.

Avoid Epcot's guest relation window outside the park to activate them, I've gone there twice for AP and they screwed it up both times.

That's interesting because we went to the ticket window at Epcot last month to activate new APs and to have a day added to 7 park tickets. The CM was friendly, efficient and did everything correctly. I had figured out in advance what the cost should be for adding the additional day and it was exactly what she quoted. I looked in MDE when we walked away from the window and the 7-day tickets already showed as 8-day.

I kind of suspect that the location might not have anything to do with the service received. It all comes down to the CM you happen to get.

If you book a WDW resort - room-only - and use APs instead of getting tickets as part of the MYW package, do you still get MBs for the resort stay? Or do you have to use ones from a previous trip or buy them until you get the AP MBs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter