How We Survived The Worst Disney Trip Ever - A Honeymoon TR - FINALE!!!!!

Poor thing! I know exactly how you felt with the gotta pee/can't pee feeling. I had some issues with that myself, but instead of it happening at WDW, I was on my way to England! :scared1: Thank goodness it only happened at the airport while waiting for the flight to take off, but believe me, I totally know that feeling.

I hope you're trip improved a bit after you got your medication, but that construction noise you mentioned is making me think it might not have.:sad1:

Your pictures are really nice though! :)

So sorry your first day was such a bummer. You got some beautiful pics, though! Those giraffes were my buds back in June! What is it about Weddings and bladders? I had the same thing going on the night before and the morning of my wedding - we even had a very small, elopement type wedding -no big fiasco. I think I was so nervous about the BIG STEP :eek: Once I had a little champagne - everything was fine! :goodvibes

sigh.
I love kingdom hearts it's very addicting.

I had a UTI when I was 10 [not 14] and it is NOT FUN.
I cried the whole time because i had to stay in the shower for about a day instead of hanging out with friends.
I had to use the bathroom every 10 minutes and it hurt so bad I had to use it in the shower so I had to stay in the shower the whole day :sick:
and when i slept, i woke up sleeping a pile of...pee.
:guilty: :guilty:
its not fun.

There you are - whoohoo! Very glad to see you back and I can understand you wanting to take some time away from all things Disney while you recovered from both your trip and the bladder infections :hug:

The first day looked like quite an ordeal! I'm sure you're in a good position to give guided tours of all the bathrooms at WDW. You have to make sure and give us a best/'worst list of them :thumbsup2

The end during the storm at Epcot reminded me of our last day at DL when a torrential downpour hut us with me and my younger DD on Mulholland Madness (same ride system as Primeval Whirl at AK) and my bro-in-law and his daughter at the very top of the Grizzly River Run. I was able to cover my DD with my poncho and got beat up by the rain but bro-in-law and his DD were literally trapped at the top of the ride for 10 minutes with water pouring down on them! :scared1:

I'll be looking for more updates and I hope it gets better or at least that you can look back on it now and laugh as one of life's little misadventures. At least it wasn't boring, right?

Knowing fully well the pain you describe, I am going to guess the medicine didn't help. (But I hope for your sake that it did.)
DH and I were struck with IC 10 months into our marriage. He has had to be sooooooo incredibly understanding, and it sounds as if your DH is no different. :hug: Great idea for him to use the diversion tactic on you to keep your mind off of the discomfort. :thumbsup2
Now I understand you're feeling better? If not, try making the heating pad your best friend. :worship:
Enjoying your adventures...

O my Goodness... you are amazing. I would have not made it through the airplane ride. I wold have said nope turn it around! So you have two big :thumbsup2 in my book. I am dying to know if the medicine worked... dont leave a cliff hanger too long.

WHOA, what an unbelievable amount of responses!! Gee, I am embarrassed. I thought NO ONE would want to hear my whining and complaining!

O we are among friends and if they say something mean i will het the magic button and :wizard: poof it goes away! :rotfl:

Thanks to all who responded. Particularly:

mariacj: You have my sympathies. I haven't had a UTI since September now, which I attribute to a strict ritual of good hygiene, and common sense. But I'm told that sometimes, for some people, even the best of intentions are not enough to stop the bacteria!!! :eek:

Clean hygiene does wonders.... so far so good. My mom is a nurse and she recognizes the symptoms super fast. She then makes a call to her doctor friends in the ER and magic I get antibiotics. My mom as you said... also repeated that UTI and stuff is common during the first weeks of marrige. I am hoping it is not the same for me.

BrittBritt: Ah no!! Another IC sufferer!! A friend of mine has it REALLY bad. She has compiled a list of foods that irritate her bladder. It is so sad. Unless you've been through it, most people do not understand the full extent of PAIN and DISCOMFORT it brings!

HUGS AND WISHES TO ANYONE THAT HAS EVER FELT OR WILL FEEL THE PAIN! :hug:

Lifelong Dreamer: Dear old poster friend! How ARE you? I am so glad you've come back to join me on my trip report adventure, after how HORRIBLE I was to you and everyone by disappearing. I promise to do better. :angel:

I wish I had time to thank each and every one of you personally for taking the time to reply and take a gander at the proposal video! I hope you enjoyed it! If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend clicking on the link on page 1. It's so fun!

This morning the door handle on my car broke off.:scared1: Because, you know, it's so STINKIN COLD OUTSIDE. I could theoretically still open the door, but it was frozen shut. I managed to get the back door open, so I contorted myself in such a way to hold the handle on the INSIDE and kick the door open with my foot.

NOT a good way to start the morning.

We DESPERATELY need a vacation. Which reminds me, today I shall tell you about the FIRST day of our last vacation...the one I am, like I said, largely trying to forget. :guilty:

Love ya!

Oh my goodness, what a trooper you are!:grouphug: I've had many go rounds with cystitis, and it is AWFUL!! I can't imagine having to deal with it on an airplane!:scared1:

I hope the meds helped and things get better for your trip. Your pictures are wonderful. I'm looking forward to more!:goodvibes

jakenjess: Thanks for stopping by!! Down with cystitis!!!!

mariacj: :hug:

LMO429: Welcome!! Gather 'round the cartoon campfire as I tell my scary stories. ;)

BrittBritt: I still have "minor" bouts every once in a great while. Drinking water helps. Also baths, for some reason!

mnmrmustard: Hello friend! I SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT. A best/worst list of bathrooms at WDW. Because I probably hit ALL of them. Which is to say only enhanced my knowledge of the ways around WDW...I would be the PERFECT tour guide, no? :)

Hollywoodhaha: Whoa, I am glad there was no sleeping pile of pee for me. My sympathies. And yes Kingdom Hearts rules!

MAGICFOR2: When I get majorly anxious and nervous (as you were on your Big Day), I feel like I have to pee every 5 minutes now! And I don't feel like I can "hold it" as long as I used to. :( It sucks!

Lovin' Lorne: I'd throw myself off the plane if I had bladder problems on a trip to ENGLAND!!!! That would be torture of the worst kind. I'd slit my wrists with a paperclip. It was THAT horrible!!!

FauntleroyFAN: Thank you - yes I am trying to be creative with the description of my complaints. :) Btw, have you thought about Fauntleroy as a middle name? I mean, if it is a boy? Because you're making us all guess, right? I mean, it might SEEM excessive to name your child after a Disney character...but heck I want to name my kid Sora, which sounds even weirder, as it is Japanese, and a boy's name at that. I don't think DH is fully agreeable to this. ;)

starrzone: Thanks for sharing your story. So did you have to pay for those bills? I'm interested to know. I hear free healthcare is great, but the waiting lists are horrible. Is this true?

Lifelong Dreamer: Ouch...the kidneys are nothing to mess with. I was SO scared I was getting a kidney infection! I must have a weak bladder now too - I am the same way.

A big fat welcome to all the new subscribers...sorry I can't reply to ALL of you but I feel I'd be repeating myself....So, in other words, I'm glad you're along for the ride!

Today DH took off work. For no reason, only that he knew he "could," as they were overstaffed, and he wanted to get some things done around our new apartment. Did I tell you all that we live in a CASTLE?! Or at least it feels like we do! Our first apartment was a TINY 1-bedroom, in a place that was changing ownership faster than a baby changes diapers, and we had MAJOR maintenance issues and mold and it got to where we just up and LEFT! We found a beautiful apartment with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a cute little sunroom that is going to be my library. As my dad said, it was like "going from the outhouse to the mansion."

I can't wait to go home and Wii. :3dglasses

We woke up late that Saturday, September 15, Day 2.

We had plans to meet some old friends of mine at Animal Kingdom late that morning, as I haven't seen them in a few years, and they live only a couple hours away from WDW. It was good to see them again, and not once did they mind hitting all the bathrooms with us. They got to meet DH, which is funny when I think about it, because I used to sort of "date" my friend's brother when I was a teenager, as he lived up north by me, and was friends with my big brother, and.....yeah that's a boring story. Nevermind. :rolleyes1

DH was enchanted by Animal Kingdom, and he only saw a few aspects of it, as we were only there a couple hours. We did "It's Tough to be a Bug," which malfunctioned. The fog machine BLEW UP, I think, because there was WAAAAAAAY too much fog. You couldn't even see the spiders dangling above your head. You couldn't even see the person sitting next to you. Even DH was all, "Oh MY GOSH! This is crazy!" But he was laughing when he said it, clearly impressed.

Then we got some food, and watched the African performers there outside of the restaurant in Africa. DH thought this was crazy awesome! He made me videotape most of it. And then later we saw another group of performers, and I honestly have no idea what type of music they were playing, only that one of the guys had what appeared to be an electric set of drums around his neck. Of course, DH being the musician and all, had to stop and talk to the electric drum guy for a few minutes. I think I videotaped that, too.

We finished the early afternoon with Festival of the Lion King. I was nervous about this, as DH doesn't care much for musicals. In fact, some years ago we went and saw The Lion King Broadway version, and we both didn't like it AT ALL. But I knew I loved FOTLK, and DH loves The Lion King, and the friends we were hanging out with like it, too, so that's where we found ourselves. Wouldn't you know it, DH thought it was great! I should have known he would. Who doesn't like FOTLK?! Who?! :)

After that, it was time to say goodbye to my friends. They had their own little group they broke away from to hang out with us for a couple hours, and besides - we're on our honeymoon! - so we didn't feel bad leaving them.

On our way out, this guy was being brave and getting up close and personal with everyone:

HONEYMOON036.jpg

I didn't touch him, though. I raised birds - I know this guy could easily take a finger off.

We went back to Epcot, for some World Showcase, and attempt to catch Illuminations again, if the weather cooperated.

HONEYMOON037.jpg

DH tried "THE BEVERLY." Neither of us thought it was as "bad" as people make it out to be, but it was still pretty bad and all. He thought it was cool that Disney lets you try drinks from around the world for free. DH is all about stuff being "free."

Some pics from around World Showcase:

HONEYMOON038.jpg

HONEYMOON040.jpg

We saw the new Canada movie. I was too young to remember what the old one was about, and honestly I was too tired to really pay attention to what THIS one was about, only that Martin Short was everywhere. And apparently, a lot of famous people are from Canada. I know one person from Canada, and he's famous for being married to a good friend of mine. That's all. :)

HONEYMOON041.jpg

HONEYMOON042.jpg

We ran into the Brother Bear bears! They were great. The little one tried to get in purse and steal food....or money, probably money. The CM took about 10 pictures before she finally got it right, which is why the first one is cutting off DH.

We still had time before our ADRs, so we went to Soarin'. DH was happy to see Patrick Warburton explain how to ride Soarin' properly. Patrick Warburton must get a big fat check from Disney all the time, for as many roles as he does ("Kronk" in case you don't know).

HONEYMOON044.jpg

DH loved Soarin'! He has always wanted to hang glide, but he will never get to - because I don't want to be a widow - so this was as close as he gets! Soarin' makes you forget you have bladder issues!

Which reminds me, I haven't talked much about my bladder. That's because the meds made my bladder calm down. Now, instead of a potty break every half hour, it was more like every hour to 2 hours. Only downside was it made my pee turn BRIGHT ORANGE. Sorry for the visual, guys, but I have to be brutally honest here so you can get a full understanding of how unpleasant this was. It was more of an inconvenience, since I had to carry a plastic baggy of moist wipes around with me, so I didn't stain my underwear with BRIGHT ORANGE DYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that is not to say I didn't wipe myself thoroughly with toilet paper either. I am a very clean person. :snooty:

OK, OK, that's enough of THAT!

We had ADR's at......Le Cellier!

HONEYMOON053.jpg

I was worried about this place...after all, people seem to either LOVE IT or HATE IT, and I wasn't sure where we were going to stand on this issue. If I hated it, it would be OK...but DH had to LOVE it, if there was ever a chance I was going to get him back here.

This is what I ate:

HONEYMOON054.jpg

And this is what he ate, their famous steak dish, the one they are known for:

HONEYMOON055.jpg

And they gave us this, in addition to the dessert we ordered:

HONEYMOON056.jpg

DH was impressed by this. Free dessert! Only we could barely finish it. That Dining Plan gives you WAY too much food!

So, the verdict? Well, if this tells you anything, DH still talks about "the best food he's ever had in his LIFE" there at Le Cellier! He LOVED it!!!! YAY!

After dinner, it was almost fireworks time. We found a good spot near the railing beside the water, and I whipped out my video camera. I love Illuminations...it always makes me think of my dad. We sure did have some good times leaving Mom behind at the resort and watching the fireworks. Mom's thought was, "I've seen them before, I don't need to stand in a sea of people and fight the crowds and the bus to see them again." But Dad and I - we were ALL about the fireworks and shows!

Sorry I have no pictures of them, as I was videotaping them at the time. But DH thoroughly enjoyed it! "So far," he said, "that has been my favorite thing. That and Le Cellier."

Score! :yay:

We went back to AKL and I took some pics. This is from the "backyard" of the resort by all the animals:

HONEYMOON058.jpg

This is the fire pit for storytelling:

HONEYMOON059.jpg

Day 2 was over, and not half bad! Every 4 hours the bladder spasms would come back, but a pill popped later and life was tolerable again.

Tomorrow - Blizzard Beach and 'Ohana...where we learned to tell our friends, should they ever eat there, to ask for A1 Sauce. ;)

I'm subscribing Colleen!

Sorry to hear about the bladder trouble. I remember the proposal story from your other thread, but it was awesome to see it on video.

Your writing style is so vivid and captivating. It's so easy to visualize everything that happened. That's probably why I thought I'd already seen the proposal video even though you're posting it for the first time. Your previous written narrative was so good that I could easily envision what took place. As with your previous thread, this one is equally captivating and a pleasure to read (except for reading about the misery caused by your bladder). And the photos are superb!!!

Naturally, Disney has thought of this. For $59, I could get the prescription delivered to the resort. Having no other option, this is what I did. I was filled with a little hope - yes, maybe THIS would help

$59 for the medicine + delivery charge, or $59 for the delivery charge alone? You'd think they would have a pharmacy within the resort. :rolleyes:

DH tried "THE BEVERLY." Neither of us thought it was as "bad" as people make it out to be, but it was still pretty bad and all. He thought it was cool that Disney lets you try drinks from around the world for free. DH is all about stuff being "free."

Not to detract from the Disney Magic, but Club Cool at Epcot is based on the original product sampling area at the World of Coca-Cola museum in Atlanta (a lot of people probably don't realize that). The samples are free there too, so Coca-Cola is probably footing the bill at their Epcot location as well in order to promote their products. ;)

BTW, I skipped Club Cool since I've been to the similar attraction at the World of Coca-Cola many times. The one in Atlanta has six tasting stations--five featuring 70 different international products and one station dedicated soley to Coca-Cola brands offerend in the USA. Is Club Cool a smaller version of the original tasting area in Atlanta or equally as large? Perhaps only those who've been to both places would know the answer. :)

We ran into the Brother Bear bears! They were great. The little one tried to get in purse and steal food....or money, probably money. The CM took about 10 pictures before she finally got it right, which is why the first one is cutting off DH.

I never saw the Brother Bear bears when I was there and have only seen photos of them in one other trip report (so far). I wonder if they've only been added to the character lineup recently? :confused3

Day 2 was over, and not half bad! Every 4 hours the bladder spasms would come back, but a pill popped later and life was tolerable again.

So glad to hear that Day 2 went better than Day 1! Looking forward to reading more!

Randy: Thanks a bunch. And the reason why I captured the essence of what happened with the proposal was because I had seen the video so many times LOL. I really DON'T remember what happened after DH popped in. It was like I had passed out. That's why you can't hear me saying "YES"...I had forgotten to breathe, and it came out a whisper!

And as far as the cost of the medicine goes, I don't remember! All I know is that it was $59 total. But it was money WELL SPENT!!!!!!!!!

Club Cool doesn't have a station for US Coke products...only international ones. I guess maybe they thought we would all reason, "Why buy the 20 oz when you can get the drink for free?"

Brother Bear bears are hidden away in the Canada area, by the waterfall. I've never seen the movie. Does that make me less of a Disney fan?

Glad that you're along for the ride, Randy!

Great post!

I love the pictures with you and Koda. I love the Brother Bear Movie... one of the songs from move was remade on to a Disneymania and the remix was used in the parade for Disneyland....

Pops out the kareoke machine...fog (not to much mind you so that there is no KABOOM0 lights... stage rising out of my bed... the corwd goes wild... puts on Elvis outfit from Las Vegas... and starts the jam

Welcome to our family time, Welcome to our brotherly time
We're happy giving and taking to the friends we're making
There's nothing we won't do

Welcome to our family time, Welcome to our happy to be time
This is our festival, you know and best of all We're happy to share it all

Remembering loved ones departed Someone dear to your heart
Finding love, and planning a future Telling stories and laughing with friends
Precious moments you'll never forget

This has to be the most beautiful The most peaceful place I've ever been to
It's nothing like I've ever seen before When I think of how far I've come,
I can't believe it...and yet I see it In them I see family
I see the way we used to be

Curtains drop and the crowd cries for an encore!

lol... :goodvibes ok weird moment over the last part always makes me cry... while we were in Disneyland this Parade was amazing! They also inserted Walt's first speech and made it ana amazing experience!

Ok... Hmmmm I also took a medicine that made me pee funny colors. it was awful because I remember back in elementary there these versers

can you spell CUP and say funny colors...
C....U....P... funny colors

Yuck gross how do you know I pee in funny colors

Now returning from a trip around Maria's memories...

Anyway. I love the last installment. Dont keep us waiting! Say Hi to the HUbby on Valentines form us at the DIS...:love:

To anyone eles that just read my last post.... sorry about the spelling. I have good spelling but my nails are a bit long and my typing has gotten super sloppy! Now back to your regular Honeymoon Program!!!!

I am glad to hear that Day 2 went much smoother. We somehow missed Club Cool when were at Epcot. I think I would have enjoyed it. Someday I will eat at Le Cellier. The food looks delicious!

We missed Illuminations because the boys though swimming was more interesting that some fireworks. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter