How We Survived The Worst Disney Trip Ever - A Honeymoon TR - FINALE!!!!!

AWWWWWW!! Gotta love getting teary eyed watching wishes with the one you love!!! I'm so glad you had that magical moment!!:wizard:

mt mommy: Yay!! It feels so good to be surrounded by family or loved ones during Wishes, yes?

Lifelong_Dreamer: Yes, a Lapu. Yum.

LISAMWDW: First-time Wishes are the best! Yes the first time I saw Wishes was with my dad, right after the Disney CM asked me if I'd be the grand marshal of the parade that Saturday (all part of the proposal) and I swear I was floating on air that night! What a perfect Disney memory! :goodvibes

PEANUT1: I wish I could say this is where the trip started to get better, but it's only downhill from Day 4. :sad2:

So glad I found this report. So sorry for all you troubles but glad to got some medicine to help. Your pictures of Wishes are wonderful and the fact that your new hubby had tears in his eyes during Wishes put tears in my eyes. We are planning a Disney wedding this coming November. Can't wait to read more of your report.

Linda

I FOUND YOU!!!

I've been waiting for your update and it never came, then I found you under a different trip report name by luck! Yippee!:cool1: And boo to those nasty infections and all that jazz! Yuck!:headache: It's totally understandable that you were not feeling up to your TR when the trip was not what you were hoping for. We had a bit of bad luck around our TR and it was not the greatest visit that we have had (see TR in sig), but life goes on and we'll definitely be back again in the future!

Well I'm only on page 4 but I wanted to get subscribed so I would not lose you again!:upsidedow

Great report so far. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse for you...so far it looks like it's only going up from here...Hope I'm right! :) :)

AWWWW! Your DH sounds so sweet! I'm glad he caught the Magic! :lovestruc

Hope you start to feel better during our trip.

lpizzuro123: Congrats on your Disney wedding!! I had always wanted a Disney wedding, but ours wasn't too shabby.;)

TKDisneylover: Yay I've been found!! LOL welcome. I'm going to have to read your TR now.

BeeBopp: Sorry, but you're wrong. It only goes downhill from my next installment. :sad2:

Irishtinkerbell: Welcome!!!

pigletforever: Can I have some of that popcorn? popcorn::

MAGICFOR2: Yes it is impossible not to "catch" the magic when one is around me. :goodvibes

stagemomx3: Nope. Nope. NOT improving. It only reaches a high point on Day 4, and then it's all downhill from there! You'll find out why.

HONEYMOON204.jpg

Monday Morning, September 17, Day 4, I insisted that we have breakfast at the Magic Kingdom in the bakery shop on Main Street. For those of you who have never had breakfast there, you REALLY don't know what you're missing. Those cheesy, eggy croissant things are TO DIE FOR!!! And the warm cinammon rolls and yummy yogurty concoction with the granola and the fruit.... Oh! I love it!!

Plus, if you stop and eat breakfast there, chances are you'll run into the Singing Trolley. I don't know what the name of it is, but it's the trolley that comes down Main Street with the group that sings "Clang, clang, clang went the trolley!" from...oh what is that movie called?....Meet Me in St. Louis!! Yes it feels just like being in a musical when you see it.

"That's exactly how life should be," I tell DH as we're watching. "A musical. Where everyone sings and dances in the streets in some choreographed way."

DH just smiles and shakes his head. I'm so full of nonsense. :rolleyes:

We go through Magic Kingdom "the proper way." Meaning we try to see everything. DH goes on Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time, and I try to explain to him what it was like BEFORE Capt. Jack. Like how the first time I heard they were making a movie based on this ride, I laughed out loud. Because the ride had no plot, and I always thought it was kinda boring anyway. I mean, I respect it and all, since it was Walt Disney's thing, but maybe it's the girl in me. There's no pretty castles. There's no pirate princesses. Well, now there is, sort of.

I also made him ride it's a small world. Because he was a IASW virgin.

HONEYMOON201.jpg

HONEYMOON202.jpg

We got stuck at the very end of the ride, some sort of back up with the boats. DH was ready to drill out his eyeballs. I can understand why. If I had no prior attachment to this ride, I'd be confused. "What is the point of all the singing dolls?" I'd say. But I used to love that ride as a little girl. What could be better than singing dolls in pretty clothes when you are 5 years old? It's a boy's worst nightmare. ;)

HONEYMOON203.jpg

We also went on Peter Pan's Flight, which, surprisingly, I haven't stepped foot on SINCE I was 5 years old. It was a fun memory to revisit for me. I distinctly remember actually believing we were REALLY flying off to Neverland. It's fun to suspend reality as an adult and remember those feelings! DH liked it better than IASW.

Speaking of flying, does anyone remember the Delta Dreamflight? Where Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin is now? I heard the track is the same, they just changed everything else. I LOVED Dreamflight when I was a kid. I was soooo bummed when they changed it. However, I found a poor quality video of it on YouTube and WOW...you could definitely see why they had to change it. Because it's just so....old. And seriously, most of the people at the Magic Kingdom had flown to Orlando Intl anyway, so it was kind of overkill.

We had to do Mickey's PhilharMagic like, 3 more times. Because it's definitely DH's favorite. DH LOVES Donald Duck. He has made me love Donald Duck almost as much as I love Mickey...but Mickey will always be Number One in my book!

I got a Dole Whip and some french fries for lunch at Casey's. We spent the rest of the day riding various rides, browsing shops, and just soaking up the magic of the Magic Kingdom until it was time for dinner.

I still don't know how I managed to score ressies at Cinderella's Royal Table. You read these boards and assume it's going to be harder than getting dinner with the President. But nope, I called the very day I booked the trip, and secured a 5:20 ADR for CRT.

This would be my first time EVER being inside the castle. I wonder how I managed to go YEARS and multiple Disney trips without begging my way to dinner there. Well, I finally got my wish.

HONEYMOON206.jpg

We got our pics taken with the princess herself, and DH was a little shy about this. He later said Cinderella looked better in the movie, and why couldn't we eat at JASMINE'S castle. I said there is no Jasmine's castle, and firmly reminded him that he didn't want to do a Princess meal. Dinner at CRT had his vote when I told him character interaction was minimal. DH still gets embarrassed with the face characters. :laughing:

HONEYMOON207.jpg

I was like a kid in a candy store when we were seated by the window.

HONEYMOON209.jpg

HONEYMOON210.jpg

This was our view. Charming!

HONEYMOON208.jpg

I have to admit, I was a little disappointed with the meal. I've heard that it's "not like how it used to be," and that Disney food in general has been "dumbed down" for the Dining Plan. I don't know if this is true or not, but I'm guessing it was the case for CRT. DH wasn't impressed.

Well, he wasn't, until they brought us champagne flutes filled with sparkling cider "for our honeymoon."

And around this time, DH recoiled in horror when the Fairy Godmother appeared.

I laughed at him. He really must love me, to sit through this. :rolleyes1

Fairy Godmother asked who was celebrating a "special occasion." Several people raised their hands. I raised mine and DH tried to convince me to put it down in vain. He was being so funny. We were both laughing.

So the Fairy Godmother runs over to us and announces to everyone that we were celebrating our honeymoon, after having gotten engaged here!

DH and I looked at each other, then back at her. But she had already rushed away to start singing a silly little song.

"How did she...." DH began.

"...Know that?" I finished.

DISNEY KNOWS EVERYTHING.

I swear Disney has a secret society of special agents whose job it is to know everything about everyONE.

Then the waitress came over and presented us with a platter. She put it down in front of me, and lifted the lid. This is what I saw before me:

HONEYMOON212.jpg

But DH wasn't proposing!! This is what they do for their engagement packages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It costs over $250!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know this, because I read it somewhere a long time ago, wishing DH could propose to me like this.

"Congratulations," the waitress said.

"But...but...?"

"Cinderella wishes you a happy honeymoon!" She graciously offered to box up the glass slipper, and then disappeared with it.

I looked at DH when she left. "Nope," he said, "I wish I could take credit for this."

When she came back, she brought us this:

HONEYMOON216.jpg

I smelled something fishy going on. It smelled like a Disney Cast Member.

"It had to have been him," I said. "He's the only one who knew we were eating here tonight."

I'm speaking of course, about our Disney CM friend who single-handedly arranged the proposal itself.

Oh, that Disney magic.

You know what's better than Disney magic? The people behind the scenes who create it. It's not so much "magic" as it is kind, generous people who love their jobs and want to make others happy. Which is something that isn't even "accidental" like so-called "magic" - it's better. It's something we can all aspire to!!

The waitress took some pictures for us:

HONEYMOON215.jpg

HONEYMOON214.jpg

And then it was time to go. I was over the moon about the glass slipper. I have always wanted one, but never could quite get over how much they cost, and how on earth could I justify spending that much money? What can I say? Disney makes wishes come true. I am their poster child.

We watched SpectroMagic, and then it was time for Wishes again. I videotaped both this time. I wanted to be able to watch these memories and feel like I was actually THERE. Only, something was screwed up with Wishes, and they actually had to stop the show for a few moments, which ran me out of battery on my camera, so I didn't get the whole thing. But I got the important parts...the rest I can see on YouTube.

"Wishes is definitely my favorite show," DH said to me as we were leaving. "And they've really taken care of us here. This is great."

Another day of happy memories!!

But...would it last?

Well, I didn't say this was the Worst Disney Trip for nothing!!! Y'all are thinking I LIED to you - with all the Disney magic we've been getting! Well, you will see, my friends, how things may look great for us NOW....oh boy, THAT'S about to change! :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Sounds like a perfect Magic Kingdom day! Sorry things go south from here, maybe you could just "forget" about the rest of the trip. Up to day 5 it sounds perfect (except for the bladder).

And don't tell my 18month old that Small World is for girls only. I'm so patiently waiting to scar him for life in September when we go!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter