Hurricane Irma: CONFIRMED ~ All Parks, Water Parks and Disney Springs: Normal Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southwest flights on Tuesday. Sw is cancelling all flights on Tuesday to allow for their FL employees to get their families set back up.

This is untrue, I just spoke with a customer service representative and all flights before 1:00 p.m. are cancelled. My 1:30 flight is still on.
Best advice is to check with Airlines, especially SWA, if traveling on Tuesday.

SWA flew all FL based employees, who wanted to leave, out of FL. Some are safely in Dallas and being taken care of by SWA. They will be flown back to FL as soon as it is safe for SWA to fly into MCO.

I wonder if they have lunch boxes prepared for guests with food allergies/intolerances. I have Celiac Disease and I'm picturing myself there with no ability to purchase a breakfast or lunch.

(Naturally, I'd prepare for that with GF snacks, but you can get sick of potato chips and Snickers bars real fast!)

I wonder if they have lunch boxes prepared for guests with food allergies/intolerances. I have Celiac Disease and I'm picturing myself there with no ability to purchase a breakfast or lunch.

(Naturally, I'd prepare for that with GF snacks, but you can get sick of potato chips and Snickers bars real fast!)
That can be asked on the Resorts Board Irma thread. Guests are reporting live in that thread. :)

wdwinfo's latest update:

As expected, Hurricane Irma strengthened overnight back to a category 4 hurricane with sustained winds of 135 as it made landfall in Key West. The storm has continued moving more to the west.

As a result, projections for extreme wind in Central Florida have been slightly downgraded, with some projections calling for top wind speeds of 60 mph. The storm is also expected to pass earlier than initially thought, with Central Florida starting to see winds below 40 mph around 9:00 a.m. Monday morning.

It is expected that the Disney/Orlando area will see rainfall totaling 15-20 inches over the next 24 hours. Tropical force winds will be felt in the area as early as noon today, with hurricane force winds arriving late this evening and early tomorrow morning.

Also of great concern is the risk of tornadoes in the area. Tornado warnings have already been issued in some Central Florida counties, and that is expected to increase as the day goes on. Already, more than 1 million people are without power in South Florida and that number is expected to grow significantly as the storm progresses up the west coast of the state.

Curfews have been issued for several Central Florida counties, including Orange County where the curfew begins at 7:00 p.m. Sunday and continues through 6:00 p.m. Monday.

Does WDW provide additional use of tickets for guests who have partially used a multi-day ticket but are unable to complete their vacation due to the hurricane?

Does WDW provide additional use of tickets for guests who have partially used a multi-day ticket but are unable to complete their vacation due to the hurricane?

You'd have to ask a CM at guest relations for that info, or call after the storm passes. There was some info out there on their official website about ticket exchange for events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter