Hurricane Irma?

To those reporting SW cancellations for next Tuesday: How are you receiving them? Email? Where are you flying out of?

My daughter was scheduled on SW for Tuesday morning from Milwaukee. She got a phone call telling her the flight was cancelled and that they couldn't get her on anything until Friday. She has something booked now on another airline for later Tuesday, but we'll see if that will be cancelled too.

Take it for what it's worth, but the person my daughter talked to told her that Southwest does not expect MCO to be open on Tuesday

My daughter was scheduled on SW for Tuesday morning from Milwaukee. She got a phone call telling her the flight was cancelled and that they couldn't get her on anything until Friday. She has something booked now on another airline for later Tuesday, but we'll see if that will be cancelled too.

Take it for what it's worth, but the person my daughter talked to told her that Southwest does not expect MCO to be open on Tuesday

I was also going to try a different airline. Delta was the only one going, but they had a layover through GA, which I figured gave that flight and even less chance of making. I do hope MCO is open for those with flights. Good luck!!

For what it's worth, i just got off the phone with Jet Blue and they say MCO is scheduled to open Monday at 2pm. I mentioned SW cancelling flights, as a friend got the cancelled flight email and she said she had no idea, but she checked again and said as of now MCO will open Monday afternoon after the storm goes through, of course as long as there is no damage. She says as of now, my Tuesday AM flight is still a go, not cancelled.

I spent 30 years "at risk". We do it as a matter of helping others in need. You know nothing of the dedication and commitment my fellow brothers and sisters dedicate their service too!
My husband is essential hospital personnel AND military. My dad is career military, in charge of dispatching national guard resources. So yes, I do understand.

I kind of thought by now, there would be something, you know - light wind or rain or something, but it's calm as anything out there. At the rate we're going my 4-year old will have eaten our supply of snacks before the hurricane even reaches us.
The issue is Irma. She seems to have fallen in love with something in Cuba. Won't let go of their coastline. So this is keeping things further away longer than expected

I'm at AKL and front desk said The Mara and Boma would be open with warm food throughout. Also we are free to enjoy the arcade and lobby area unless it were to get really bad, and he said they weren't expecting that.

Don't you have to go outside to get to The Mara? Or do they mean they're bringing food inside? I assume Boma will have a buffet with a menu similar to the one being circulated at the Poly.

The issue is Irma. She seems to have fallen in love with something in Cuba. Won't let go of their coastline. So this is keeping things further away longer than expected

I knew we weren't supposed to see the worst of things until the early hours of Monday morning (has that changed?) but sitting around and waiting for this thing to start is beginning to drive me crazy, especially now everywhere in closed up. I wonder if this will impact closings/reopenings on Monday.

I'd be really upset if he were hurt because he had to help people who traveled TO Tampa from places completely outside the range of the hurricane.

But I am pretty sure a lot of people went west to Tampa because Irma was supposed to make landfall on the east side, initially. Lots of people trying to make decisions they think are best for them. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, and all of your complaining does nothing to change things.

Don't you have to go outside to get to The Mara? Or do they mean they're bringing food inside? I assume Boma will have a buffet with a menu similar to the one being circulated at the Poly.
You do. The guy at the Mara said a lot of preparation had taken place to make sure they would remain open and serving regular food. I'm assuming if it's dangerous to be outside we will not be allowed to go into the Mara until it is safe. Boma will have a more limited selection than usual, but it will still have some regular food and a cheaper price.

You do. The guy at the Mara said a lot of preparation had taken place to make sure they would remain open and serving regular food. I'm assuming if it's dangerous to be outside we will not be allowed to go into the Mara until it is safe. Boma will have a more limited selection than usual, but it will still have some regular food and a cheaper price.
Plus they can probably bring the food from Mara in to Boma (might there be internal walkways connecting the kitchens?) and include it with what is served there. That's what they did with options from Boardwalk Bakery and the Pizza Window over at BWI during Matthew. They included them on the buffet at Flying Fish.

I'm at AKL and front desk said The Mara and Boma would be open with warm food throughout. Also we are free to enjoy the arcade and lobby area unless it were to get really bad, and he said they weren't expecting that.

Yup got the same info. No curfew put in place, at least not right now. And he also confirmed that Sanaa is open and the shuttles will be running.

I've read the whole thread, I have nothing but love and respect for all. I just wanted to offer some tips: If anyone has a washer in their villa/suite/etc., it can be turning into an ice chest. If no washer, turn your bathroom sink into an ice crest. When the ice is melted the water can be used elsewhere. I did this a couple of times experiencing major Gales. If hot, you can use washcloths as an instant personal A/C that can be soaked in your d.i.y. ice chest. Papers can be turned into fans. If cold, huddle together. Also if anyone has access to their water heater, there's fresh clean water in the tank. With toilet if it's yellow it's mellow, if it's brown flush it down. Can use water from a filled tub to do that.

I knew we weren't supposed to see the worst of things until the early hours of Monday morning (has that changed?) but sitting around and waiting for this thing to start is beginning to drive me crazy, especially now everywhere in closed up. I wonder if this will impact closings/reopenings on Monday.
Good question. The delay is impacting the tract for sure. It's why is pushing to the west, based on the updates I've seen this evening. When we left home this morning the tract had Irma coming north directly over is in Chattanooga. The last update I saw showed it west of us now. The info I've read has been unclear on what the shift means for impact on FL. It shows to means more wind and rain for us here.

Good question. The delay is impacting the tract for sure. It's why is pushing to the west, based on the updates I've seen this evening. When we left home this morning the tract had Irma coming north directly over is in Chattanooga. The last update I saw showed it west of us now. The info I've read has been unclear on what the shift means for impact on FL. It shows to means more wind and rain for us here.
And that worries me.

I had to run to Fort O today to get one of the last five switches we needed to get our generator to work and it was super busy. I think a lot of people in the Chattanooga Valley are getting worried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter