Hurricane Irma?

I just want to add that when you use this water to flush the toilet, you pour it into the tank, not the bowl. I grew up in New Hampshire, with blizzards and such, and was in NYC for Sandy and was surprised to learn that some of my NYC co-workers didn't know this.

Yes, I tried to explain this to someone earlier in this thread. We have the pressure assist toilets, so instead of opening the tank and seeing water, a float and a chain, it's totally dry with a big black pressure tank. There's no way to introduce water to the system other than through the regular plumbing system. We have a neighborhood well and the wellhouse has a generator, so I am hoping we won't have plumbing issues. But if the water goes off, we won't have any toilet option. Just another reason I am glad I didn't cancel my Pop stay on Tuesday. Although I am not sure which Disney resorts have gravity toilets and which have pressure toilets. We put the same pressure toilets in our house that were originally installed at POFQ (we got the info from one of the hotel engineers).

all this Day 1 talk makes me wish that the DIS had a "Charter Member" badge like the Disney Visa, but sadly I wouldn't have that, just like my Disney Visa. I wanna be Charter Member for something darn it!

I said Day 1 in reference to a new account, sorry! I have no problems with new members, the more the merrier! I do wonder about folks who choose to create a brand new account to immediately post disparaging comments toward others on this thread.

Has anyone else heard of this? My daughter is down there. I had her stay in the condo I had rented for the week thinking it would be safer. She's freaking out a bit. I can't find anything official

Attachments

• 5266048141.jpg
    5266048141.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 409

Sorry if this has been addressed but enquiring minds want to know. What is FL's plan to deal with people who will be on the interstates when the storm hits? And why isn't Florida using contra lanes like GA? I'm sure at some point contra lanes have to end at some point but wouldn't it seem logical to get as many people further north as soon as possible?

Not trying to be inflammatory but I was just wondering as I sit here and see the pictures of the bumper to bumper traffic what the plan is.

I said Day 1 in reference to a new account, sorry! I have no problems with new members, the more the merrier! I do wonder about folks who choose to create a brand new account to immediately post disparaging comments toward others on this thread.
I know what you meant. I was trying to be funny and insert some levity in this thread again. Been here for awhile and seen this go down already a time or two. Apparently #funnyfail :-)

Has anyone else heard of this? My daughter is down there. I had her stay in the condo I had rented for the week thinking it would be safer. She's freaking out a bit. I can't find anything official

Has anyone heard of what, exactly?

hey all, haven't been on the dis in a few months, been working 70hrs/wk as of late. I haven't read all of this thread, but just want to wish everyone safe harbor from the storm. Yesterday, when I saw the potential for Irma to be a Cat 3 over Orlando, I immediately called my CM parents and begged them to evacuate. Luckily they weren't scheduled to work again until Monday, but in this situation I think they would have called out regardless. They packed up the cats and everything important, as well as some things that aren't essential to life but have value to us (the Disneyana :) among other things) and left Orlando 7AM this morning. They will arrive at their hotel in Gulfport about 11PM tonight. What would normally have been an 8 1/2 hr drive has doubled. Travel has been of course slow, and they report that finding gas has been stressful.

I am on edge for everyone in FL, the potential for lives to be lost, and for the livelihoods that people have built to be wiped away. I fear for my beloved WDW as well.

A warm welcome to your parents to our city! Our weather has been gorgeous this week. Hope they can relax some while here. News is reporting several Florida folks coming here to escape.

Been through several storms and this one is scary. Stay safe everyone. Our thoughts and heartfelt prayers are certainly with all in the path and for the aftermath.

The wording is odd...there was no call for a full evacuation....my son lives in downtown Orlando...and is staying

Sorry if this has been addressed but enquiring minds want to know. What is FL's plan to deal with people who will be on the interstates when the storm hits? And why isn't Florida using contra lanes like GA? I'm sure at some point contra lanes have to end at some point but wouldn't it seem logical to get as many people further north as soon as possible?

Not trying to be inflammatory but I was just wondering as I sit here and see the pictures of the bumper to bumper traffic what the plan is.
Earlier in this thread it was said the rules for contraflow have been changed. Right now it's shoulder use is ok. But they r using the other lanes to get gas tankers and service trucks to where they are needed. If gas tankers can't get to stations what good does contraflow do if people don't have the gas to get out

I missed the part about when all lanes would be used in the latest news conference but I imagine it's gonna happen anytime now.

That is inaccurate and honestly very irresponsible for them to give to, and scare, their guests. For just the reason of how your daughter reacted.

We do contra flow so I wondered the same thing. The govenor said the couldn't do that now because they needed southbound lanes to get in supplies and support people. Sounded like it might happen tomorrow.

I live in Murfreesboro TN, about 30 miles south of Nashville. I went out to do some shopping today and could not believe the traffic and the number of Florida license plates I saw! The news did say people were evacuating as far north as middle Tennessee, but I was surprised to see the number of cars that I did. On the other hand Jim and I will be heading down to Disney on the 20th.

Angi, to let you know I have been in touch with Lorenzo and Jackie and they are all well prepared! Lorenzo is on the ride out crew, so will be at the Boardwalk from tomorrow until Irma passes by. Jackie will be with her family after working her regular shift. Wish my BW family the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter