Hurricane Irma?

Disney is a money making machine, they never report any negative that can reduce business. Half of WDW could be destroyed and they would still be telling you not to cancel. For what a Disney vacation costs, I for one don't want to spend my money watching as WDW works to come back to life after the storm. This isn't the only time to vacation there so why take any chances?

:earsboy: Bill
For some people this IS the only time to go on this type of vacation. It fits in every families individual schedule. ie. School Breaks.. So your point does not fit into the mold of everyone.

They are basically sequestered in Disney. They aren't really getting in anyone's way or taking the resources of people who are evacuating. They're eating Disney box lunches and drinking yucky Disney water.
You do realize "Disney" water is municpal water. If power is lost to the pumps or processing plants the water becomes unsafe to drink. That's why they tell you to fill your bathtub when a hurricane comes. So then what? Oh the bottled water.
And it is currently going to make a direct hit on Tampa. Which is a shipping hub and also a gas refinery. That is where you shortages will come from.
Hurricanes are regional issues not local.

Yes. Everyone wants to say Katrina damaged NO. Really wasn't Katrina. It was a failed levee from a failed infrastructure from a overall failed administration. Had the levee been built as it was supposed to and then everything else after worked that would not have happened. I remember watching the morning Katrina came in. When the storm was past and they first reported everything was fine. Then water started rising live on TV and they realized something was going on and it went downhill from there.
You are correct but over 200 people in Mississippi died from Katrina.

There is always next year and I don't know many schools that have a break the second week of September..[/
YOU are right your don't know because you don't live where I do. Plus you don't why MY plans are for next year do you?? Maybe we can't go next year.. Maybe there are OTHER commitments people have during the year..

I'm not sure what some folks are suggesting here. That Disney shuts down for a few weeks? Can't we all imagine the devastation that would have on Florida's economy? How does that help recovery? Not sure what "resources" guests are diverting from those who are recovering. Instead, seems to me, they are bringing more money into a state that desperately will need it. But that's just me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I'm not sure why this thread is devolving into such a judgement-filled place, when we all must love Disney and Florida, and are praying all are safe and damage is minimal. If we didn't feel that way, we wouldn't be on the Dis Boards.

Well, they told everyone to leave and told them if they don't they won't come get them but, it's a free country and folks have free will to be stupid. If they stay in an evacuation zone, that's what they are.

I recall my last hurricane evacuation in SC which was in 1999. Officials were going up and down Folly Beach, which is a barrier island and where a lot of college kids lived, imploring them to leave. Most of them thought it was a big party and planned to "drink out" the storm and ignored the warnings. They did in fact write SSNs on people's arms who refused to leave. Some people are idiots. Or it's Darwinism at play.

I should say that people are going to suffer extremes in the human condition. Mostly the poor. People that cannot get out of harm's way. Any silliness, in which I engage, is about he human tragicomedy. It's not personal.

REMINDER-- please talk about the topic, and be courteous in your responses to other posters. No debating, no judging others, no snark. Anyone who cannot follow these guidelines or who responds disrespectfully will find that they are no longer able to participate here.

Feel free to discuss Irma, play nice.

As of right now I am flying down on the 12th if MCO is up and running. I've already changed my trip once. I will cancel when either SW cancels or if Disney cancels.

Have you checked? Someone I know just got cancelled for Tuesday 10:30 on southwest.

I recall my last hurricane evacuation in SC which was in 1999. Officials were going up and down Folly Beach, which is a barrier island and where a lot of college kids lived, imploring them to leave. Most of them thought it was a big party and planned to "drink out" the storm and ignored the warnings. They did in fact write SSNs on people's arms who refused to leave. Some people are idiots. Or it's Darwinism at play.
"Folly" should have been a clue.

You do realize "Disney" water is municpal water. If power is lost to the pumps or processing plants the water becomes unsafe to drink. That's why they tell you to fill your bathtub when a hurricane comes. So then what? Oh the bottled water.
And it is currently going to make a direct hit on Tampa. Which is a shipping hub and also a gas refinery. That is where you shortages will come from.
Hurricanes are regional issues not local.
Yikes. I would NOT drink water from my bathtub. I would use that to flush my toilet.

Here's the menu for food at the Polynesian, if anyone here is staying there

21432765_10214514754410937_948332870240897406_n.jpg

A warm welcome to your parents to our city! Our weather has been gorgeous this week. Hope they can relax some while here. News is reporting several Florida folks coming here to escape.

Been through several storms and this one is scary. Stay safe everyone. Our thoughts and heartfelt prayers are certainly with all in the path and for the aftermath.

Thank you for this! I meant to reply last night, but ended up talking to my folks for quite awhile.

Can you recommend some good restaurants? They like almost anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter