I am back.....from the world

Yes Shhhhhh the cab was from Coronado Springs resort. They only have one show at biergarten and they repeat it every hour or so. I am loving the photo of the bag and very envious at the same time. When do you leave for your next trip shhhhh. It is hard travelling with young ones the only bit of advice I would give would be to stop at LA overnight before flying to orlando as we did it in one hit on the way over :scared1:. Never again I would stop and have a sleep then board again for orlando. As soon as we got onto the next flight my DS3 lost it big time as he thought oh no not another long flight. How can you explain to a child that young that no this flight is not as long they don't understand. But I tell you what phenergan became my best friend and it did help I only gave a half dose but it did calm them down a little and the girls slept quite a bit:love:.

Oh and I will make sure I tell the taxi driver that we want to go the outlet that's furthest away! Was the $50 from Coronado Springs or from DTD?

It's funny, I was at Prime outlets 8 days ago and it was still Prime outlets, no signage had changed.

I would look at the shops that you want to shop at. Prime (the one that is further away) definately had the better range of shops. But there were some shops at Premium (the one really close to DTD) that they didn't have a Prime.

We caught a taxi to Prime from DTD and it was about $26, we then caught it back to AKL (as the shopping was heavy) and it was about $42. Catching the taxi from DTD is definately the way to go :thumbsup2

Yes Shhhhhh the cab was from Coronado Springs resort. They only have one show at biergarten and they repeat it every hour or so. I am loving the photo of the bag and very envious at the same time. When do you leave for your next trip shhhhh. It is hard travelling with young ones the only bit of advice I would give would be to stop at LA overnight before flying to orlando as we did it in one hit on the way over :scared1:. Never again I would stop and have a sleep then board again for orlando. As soon as we got onto the next flight my DS3 lost it big time as he thought oh no not another long flight. How can you explain to a child that young that no this flight is not as long they don't understand. But I tell you what phenergan became my best friend and it did help I only gave a half dose but it did calm them down a little and the girls slept quite a bit:love:.

DH is very anti "drugging" the children. And this is coming from an anaesthetist who earns his money by putting people to sleep! I think I will smuggle some phenergan onboard nonetheless. We did consider stopping in LA, however, DH and I tend to lean towards the "get-it-over-and-done-with" camp. We went to Europe with no overnights and the kids coped ok actually so I'm hoping it will be ok this time around as well! Do wish me luck though.

It's funny, I was at Prime outlets 8 days ago and it was still Prime outlets, no signage had changed.

I would look at the shops that you want to shop at. Prime (the one that is further away) definately had the better range of shops. But there were some shops at Premium (the one really close to DTD) that they didn't have a Prime.

We caught a taxi to Prime from DTD and it was about $26, we then caught it back to AKL (as the shopping was heavy) and it was about $42. Catching the taxi from DTD is definately the way to go :thumbsup2

Only about 1 week ago it was still PRIME! I signed up so I could get the coupon for the discount booklets (thanks to your tip!) and the website was different then.

And Shushh...I think you already know this but NYC has no sales tax for purchases under $150.

Which D&B did you get? The cruiseline or the mickey silhouette? Can't wait for pictures...popcorn::

This is just for you Princess! Taken fresh from out of the plastic onboard the Magic

5098606281_4ed0f3e48f.jpg

And no! I didn't know that NYC has no sales tax for purchases under $150. I only knew about state taxes and not city taxes.

DH is very anti "drugging" the children. And this is coming from an anaesthetist who earns his money by putting people to sleep! I think I will smuggle some phenergan onboard nonetheless. We did consider stopping in LA, however, DH and I tend to lean towards the "get-it-over-and-done-with" camp. We went to Europe with no overnights and the kids coped ok actually so I'm hoping it will be ok this time around as well! Do wish me luck though.

Only about 1 week ago it was still PRIME! I signed up so I could get the coupon for the discount booklets (thanks to your tip!) and the website was different then.

We are just get on the plane and get there too, then we can crash :rotfl: We've done lots of Europe trips too with no stopovers, just like to get there.

It's funny how quickly the change happened isn't it! (from Prime to Premium that is). I think it's quite inconsiderate of them to be quite honest :lmao: Seriously I have only just managed to get my brain around which outlet centre is which and now they change the name! :lmao: If they had changed it before I went, then it would have been a lot less stressful trying to work out which named one we wanted to go to! At leas now it's all Premium, the one near WDW and the one near Universal :thumbsup2 Although surely it will take the taxi drivers a little while to learn of the change, I mean they hardly knew what we were talking about in the first place when going, I had to show a piece of paper with where I was talking about.

This is just for you Princess! Taken fresh from out of the plastic onboard the Magic

5098606281_4ed0f3e48f.jpg

And no! I didn't know that NYC has no sales tax for purchases under $150. I only knew about state taxes and not city taxes.

I keep looking at that bag; and I love seeing it in photos. Sadly, when I got to the World in May, it somehow didn't fit me....:sad1:

The no sales tax under $150 applied when I was last in NYC in 2007. The sales person at Victoria Secrets told me.

DH and I were using our phone calculators to make sure that we maximised this :laughing: EVERYWHERE. Perhaps aussietravellers and ehsmum can confirm if this is still the case for 2010?

Kyl - we keep hijacking your thread and I was most remiss in NOT telling you how much I'm enjoying your updates.

It sounds like you had a great time and I keep hoping for pictures......:goodvibes

I don't mind you hijacking my thread it makes for a more interesting read. I am glad that you are enjoying my updates though.

Great shots Kyl. You made it to Yosemite and Mariposa Grove! I'll be interested to read what you thought....but it will probably have to wait til I get back.

Lots of shots of CSR and AKL; but none at the parks???

I know I do have more but these are of hubbys phone I will try and download some off my camera tomorrow. Although how much is the limit? I am a little scared about having photos of the kids on here as well. I know I am most likely worrying over nothing but they are in most of the theme park ones. There are reasons for not posting photos of them sorry.

I know I do have more but these are of hubbys phone I will try and download some off my camera tomorrow. Although how much is the limit? I am a little scared about having photos of the kids on here as well. I know I am most likely worrying over nothing but they are in most of the theme park ones. There are reasons for not posting photos of them sorry.

I don't share my albums. I cut the forum code and paste it in my posts. And I did start of avoiding pictures of my son....so I totally understand. If you cut the forum code, you can control which shots you share and not the whole album.

Photobucket has a reasonable amount of space. I've got all my photography scavenger hunt photos on in, the Disney photos I am happy to share, and odds and ends from daily life in there.

I think AussieTraveller is the only one I've come across so far that has limit issues.

Many people choose not to post photos of themselves or their children (I am also one of those people). I did once years ago and I got some really weird comment from a really weird person and it freaked me a little. So from then on, no clearly identifying photos for me as I'm worried who may be looking at them.

You can actually put a lock on your album and then just post the img code in your post so they can look at that photo but can't go and look at the album.

The limit is very high with photobucket, but they do have a monthly upload limit which is smaller than the total limit. I think I did about 200 photos, in a month. It doesn't close or delete your account or photos or anything when you reach your limit. My limit though I think is to do with posting. I have posted too many photos in posts. Because I didn't upload any more photos but posted the same photos that were already in photobucket in other threads and it reached the limit. I have seen on occasion on the DL board peoples photos saying "reached bandwith" where the photo once was.

The photos are fantastic by the way, love the AKL photos, brings back memories :sad1:

Great photo's Kyl.

It was interesting to note that you would not fly straight to Orlando again. last year we stayed overnight in LA, and that was pretty bad too, but I did make the mistake of booking the red eye.

But I tell you what phenergan became my best friend and it did help I only gave a half dose but it did calm them down a little and the girls slept quite a bit:love:.

Ahhhh, yes, Phenergan, a travelling mother's best friend :love:

Ahhhh, yes, Phenergan, a travelling mother's best friend :love:

Sadly this is not always the case. Phenergan has the opposite effect on my son, he goes hyper on the stuff (well he used to, I only gave it to him once and his reaction sent me round the twist :rotfl:)

So a travelling mother's best friend, unless it has the opposite effect on your child, then it's a travelling mothers worst nightmare :rotfl2:

So warning, don't ever use it for the first time whilst on a plane :eek: :rotfl:

So warning, don't ever use it for the first time whilst on a plane :eek: :rotfl:

Oh yes, I totally agree with that - always try it a one or two times a few weeks before you leave!

What a bummer your son had the opposite reaction Aussietravellers :sad2: But, it's only useful for those toddler years anyway. Once they have the concentration span to watch their in-seat T.V., it gets much easier :cool1:

When does that happen? My twins who will be turning 13 tomorrow cant sit still for 2 minutes. I totally admire you mums who make those long haul flights with little ones, I could never have done it.
Even now when we travel next year and they will be almost 14 I will have to make sure they dont sit next to each other.
Sadly I am worried that we have missed the boat for that special Disney magic for them, they grow up so quickly. I hope they are not too old :sad1:, but hey its all about what Mum wants isnt it and I am not too old for Disney!

They are never to old for disney battymum, not at all. Your teenages will love you for giving them gift of such an great experience. In fact to be honest they will be able to go on all the rides no height problems etc. I went to disneyland last year first time ever and Hubbys as well, I felt like such a little kid I was just as excited. Trust me you have not missed out on the disney magic at all they will love it. Thats the great thing about disneyland and WDW they cater for all age groups from 1mth to 99yrs and older if you last that long!

Aussietravellers that would of been a long flight with your son having the opposite reaction. I know a couple of kids who this happens to as well. I agree you only need it while they are young. Once they are happy to sit in front of the t.v and not bother the other passenagers then they don't need it. But my son can be a nightmare so I don't just give it to him for my own selfish benifit (he he eh well maybe just a little) but also for the poor soles who got seated next to us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter