I am back.....from the world

Travel mum I just realised that you are now counting down the months not years! Time goes so fast doesn't it. 11mths will be here before you know it, now I am starting to get the disney blues I want to go back.

Travel mum I just realised that you are now counting down the months not years! Time goes so fast doesn't it. 11mths will be here before you know it, now I am starting to get the disney blues I want to go back.

Yes Kyl, I was so happy when I clicked over and was under a year!!! :banana:

We did another Epcot day today. Some of you may be thinking by now why so many Epcot days? Well one because it is such a big park and two because we were going to disneyland on the way home so knew we would see more of the magic kingdom kinda stuff there. :thumbsup2. This particular day DD11 decided she needed to "relax with nanna by the pool!" So o.k who was I to say no. Nanna needed a some quite time so this worked out well and they were both happy and "relaxed" when we got back that night. Not to mention nanna went and got herself a massage while we were gone. Half her luck :rotfl2: So I am thinking we got the two younger ones on our own this day, we will be stuck to the "slower" rides which I didn't mind at all :rotfl:. However the two little ones DD7 and DS3 were so well behaved this day like out of this world good kids :banana:. We saw and got heaps done! Took turns again for Sorain with parent passes and DD7 got to go two times once with each parent. DS was happy to wait, I took him to sunshine seasons food court. They have some really nice counter service food in there and a lot of choice as well :thumbsup2. So he was happy with his chocolate milk. Next we did living with the land boat ride which was no wait time:goodvibes. Then we watched the circle of life which was o.k. Alright kids still being good what is going on no one has had a melt down must take note what did they eat for breakfast this morning :lmao:. Over to the mexico section we head in showcase, we rode the boat tour in Gran fiesta. It was cute and no waiting as well :love:. It kinda reminded me a little of small world but not as long as small world it was very cute. Then we went to Norway and did the viking boast voyage, o.k so the girl told me there is a "slight slow" drop. I believed her um..... alright it dropped I hate drops but survived even DS3 was laughing at me:lmao:. They love it when mum gets scared! Then we went to get another one of those frozen margaretas and I was feeling very happy by the time we arrived at germany. DH had one as well to see what all the "fuss" was about. His words "I don't know why you say they are strong I feel nothing!". O.k so he sees some door knockers in the Morocco section and texts our friend about how good they are (the friends staying at the world at the same time as us) woh and behold who nearly ends up in the water fountain :scared1:. Oh he said that has hit me now, it was pretty funny. We had reservations for Chefs de France. I got the seafood dish and was nearly sick when I saw it, couldn't eat it and it was stupid of me to order it! The food was so so. Hubby had a soft meat dish which was nice I wouldn't put it at the top of my list of good eats put it that way it was just "alright". The bread and butter was nice though and our waiter was as well. After dinner we headed back to the resort let the kids swim and then DD11, DH and MIL went to downtown disney for a bit. Once again I was happy to have a little time in the room with two tired kids who feel asleep pretty quickly that night:thumbsup2 All in all it was one of our best days in WDW.

Oh there is one thing I forgot to mention in my blog....Orlando stroller rentals were excellent. We got such a good quality double stroller even DD7 could fit into with comfort and it was way cheaper than getting the disney ones. Plus the disney ones are hard plastic and do not lay down. That stroller really was a God sent, and no I am not getting anything for such high praise of their company its just that I think they deserve the praise.

Oh there is one thing I forgot to mention in my blog....Orlando stroller rentals were excellent. We got such a good quality double stroller even DD7 could fit into with comfort and it was way cheaper than getting the disney ones. Plus the disney ones are hard plastic and do not lay down. That stroller really was a God sent, and no I am not getting anything for such high praise of their company its just that I think they deserve the praise.

Kyl, if you hadn't had a 3 year-old with you, would you still have got a stroller for DD7? Our youngest will be 6 yrs 10 mths when we are there. I hadn't thought for one moment to get a stroller for her as she's been out of one since she was 3, but now I'm wondering? :confused3

Yes Travel mum I would, there is so much walking to be done. One or two days of walking such a long way would be fine but day after day at six with jet lag!!!! Nup I would of got a single one for her anyway it means you get to see and do more. Its the best investment we made on that trip. Unless of course you DD6 is super active and fit, but even so with the whole time change thing it would run even the most active of 6yr olds down. The orlando stroller company delivered to the resort and then I left the stroller at luggage service when we left not a problem at all. They were great.

Kyl, if you hadn't had a 3 year-old with you, would you still have got a stroller for DD7? Our youngest will be 6 yrs 10 mths when we are there. I hadn't thought for one moment to get a stroller for her as she's been out of one since she was 3, but now I'm wondering? :confused3

I agree, I would still get a stroller for a 6 year old. I wanted a stroller for my 8 year old at times :rotfl: But didn't. I agree with Kyl, there is so much walking, if you were only going to the park for a couple of hours then it would be fine, but if you are wanting to charge through the crowds to make it to the next ride, it is just faster having them in a stoller and if they start to get tired then they can hop in for a rest. Oh and the biggest plus! Having somewhere to store your bags :thumbsup2

Thanks for the recommendation for Orlando Stroller Rentals. Last year we brought a Sit n Stand and managed to squish 3 kids into it.

Travel Mum, next year my eldest will also by 6 years and 10 months. I will also have a 5 1/2 year old and a 2 year old. I am hoping that the older two kids can share stroller time.

Kyl, was it a pain taking the stroller on the bus?

They fold down really easily, although we got the classic double which is heavier than the city mini double they rent out. We got it because it is a little bigger for DD7 but it was DH job to get it off and on the bus and he seemed to cope fine with it. It was worth carting it around on the buses put it that way. If I was you Jade + 3 I would consider renting a double and taking your own single fold up from home? If it was my two that close in age they would end up fighting over stroller space.

This is the 3rd trip we have done with our kids, and it is always the stroller situation that gives me the biggest headache. I will be taking a small stroller for the youngest. You are right about the fighting - they only have to look at each other and a fight erupts.

I must admit DD11 even jumped into the stroller at times to which DD7 kicked her out at first sight!

Your 7 year old must be tiny, Kyl. There is no way my 6 year old would fit (or even sit!) in a stroller.

Travel Mum - my 6 year old managed to get around the USA without a stroller. I think it depends on your child but I can't imagine renting a stroller for a child that old :confused3

Sounds like you had a great day at Epcot, Kyl!

No she isn't tiny at all, she is quite tall for her age. But hey I wasn't the only one with a 7yr old in a stroller thats for sure. I mean some days we would of easy walked 10km or should I say most days. To ask that of a 7yr old child for 10days in a row, well mine couldn't do and I dare say most couldn't?

Maybe I worded things wrong. DD7 would walk around but hop in and out of the stroller as she pleased. Of course she and even DD3 would walk when they wanted but there was certainly always at least one of them in the double stroller.

On the strollers - in DL when DD had turned 6 we had to hire one for her to use. didn't need it too much - she has issues with her legs. But I saw heaps of kids probably 5, 6, or 7 with them.

This last time in DL when DD was 7.5 (and wearing size 8 - 10 for comparrison) we got her a wheelchair when necessary which was easier to push than the stroller. We used it as a stroller ie, didn't abuse it for disability access. DD wouldn't be seen in a stoller, and she didn't fit. I made her try anyway :rotfl2:

Edited to add she needed the wheelchair last time, and having her in the chair made it quicker for us to get around and do things. Otherwise some days it is like walking with a toddler. Fully worth getting the stoller if they're not "too cool" for it.

Oh no, you were for sure not the only one with an older child in a stroller. I was actually quite surprised at how many we saw. I'm just saying it depends on the child. My youngest was 6 yrs 8 months when we went and he didn't have any trouble with all the walking. He's been out of the stroller for at least 3 years so hiring one is something that would never occur to me. And I must say that I was glad that all my kids are older when we would see all the strollers parked and people struggling with them on the buses and boats. That was one thing we didn't have to deal with :).

I am sure my 6 and 5 year olds will both need some stroller time. Because I was silly enough to have 3 kids in 4 years, it means most likely 2 strollers for us. But I am not complaining too much as without the strollers I would have to carry a backpack full of kids stuff, and my camera bag.

I am sure my 6 and 5 year olds will both need some stroller time. Because I was silly enough to have 3 kids in 4 years, it means most likely 2 strollers for us. But I am not complaining too much as without the strollers I would have to carry a backpack full of kids stuff, and my camera bag.
They have double strollers at DW which would make it easier, same with the hire place. You might be ok with just the one then.

We did another Epcot day today. Some of you may be thinking by now why so many Epcot days? Well one because it is such a big park and two because we were going to disneyland on the way home so knew we would see more of the magic kingdom kinda stuff there. :thumbsup2. This particular day DD11 decided she needed to "relax with nanna by the pool!" So o.k who was I to say no. Nanna needed a some quite time so this worked out well and they were both happy and "relaxed" when we got back that night. Not to mention nanna went and got herself a massage while we were gone. Half her luck :rotfl2: So I am thinking we got the two younger ones on our own this day, we will be stuck to the "slower" rides which I didn't mind at all :rotfl:. However the two little ones DD7 and DS3 were so well behaved this day like out of this world good kids :banana:. We saw and got heaps done! Took turns again for Sorain with parent passes and DD7 got to go two times once with each parent. DS was happy to wait, I took him to sunshine seasons food court. They have some really nice counter service food in there and a lot of choice as well :thumbsup2. So he was happy with his chocolate milk. Next we did living with the land boat ride which was no wait time:goodvibes. Then we watched the circle of life which was o.k. Alright kids still being good what is going on no one has had a melt down must take note what did they eat for breakfast this morning :lmao:. Over to the mexico section we head in showcase, we rode the boat tour in Gran fiesta. It was cute and no waiting as well :love:. It kinda reminded me a little of small world but not as long as small world it was very cute. Then we went to Norway and did the viking boast voyage, o.k so the girl told me there is a "slight slow" drop. I believed her um..... alright it dropped I hate drops but survived even DS3 was laughing at me:lmao:. They love it when mum gets scared! Then we went to get another one of those frozen margaretas and I was feeling very happy by the time we arrived at germany. DH had one as well to see what all the "fuss" was about. His words "I don't know why you say they are strong I feel nothing!". O.k so he sees some door knockers in the Morocco section and texts our friend about how good they are (the friends staying at the world at the same time as us) woh and behold who nearly ends up in the water fountain :scared1:. Oh he said that has hit me now, it was pretty funny. We had reservations for Chefs de France. I got the seafood dish and was nearly sick when I saw it, couldn't eat it and it was stupid of me to order it! The food was so so. Hubby had a soft meat dish which was nice I wouldn't put it at the top of my list of good eats put it that way it was just "alright". The bread and butter was nice though and our waiter was as well. After dinner we headed back to the resort let the kids swim and then DD11, DH and MIL went to downtown disney for a bit. Once again I was happy to have a little time in the room with two tired kids who feel asleep pretty quickly that night:thumbsup2 All in all it was one of our best days in WDW.

Sounds like another fun day! I'm surprised that we didn't run into you again throughout the trip. It is such a big place but it still really is a small world, I'm always surprised at the people I run into when overseas.

That's a shame that the food wasn't that great for you at Chefs :sad1: We went there three times and it was great, the one meal that was just alright for me was the mac and cheese, but everybody else loved their meals that night. The other two meals I really enjoyed my meal though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter