I auditioned for Master Chef Today

Ooo ok, that really surprises me that the dishes were brought in, and they tried the food. Is it just me being paranoid about dirty kitchens, cross-contamination, food-borne illnesses... Not your kitchen of course Cogswel!

From what I could tell they tried every dish. There was a crazy guy there. And he was preparing stuff in the waiting area. He was shaking and looked like a junkie. I really feared for the people trying what ever he was making. There was somebody in the row with him and I think he might have been with the show keeping an eye on him. He had a sizable knife and was cutting banass and other stuff.

From what I could tell they tried every dish. There was a crazy guy there. And he was preparing stuff in the waiting area. He was shaking and looked like a junkie. I really feared for the people trying what ever he was making. There was somebody in the row with him and I think he might have been with the show keeping an eye on him. He had a sizable knife and was cutting banass and other stuff.

Eww. But that reminds me of the show Fridays back in the day with the Rasta chef.

Way to go, Cogswel_Cogs!
That's such an awesome experience!
I'm sorry you didn't make it, but thank you for sharing about it!
We love Master Chef as well~

This season, I was annoyed when Joe came back for the finale. I was like- you weren't there for the whole season- now you judge- just no. :rolleyes:

I do miss Graham.... love Gordon!

Cogswel_Cogs, would you ever try out again?!

None of the celbrity judges there, at least to the level I made.
I might try out again if circumstances were right, but not fantical about it.
There were some there who were, One was going to another location if he did not make this one.
It was a nice easy subway ride in for me.

What an exciting experience!! Sure wish you could have made it through. It would be fun to have a DISer to watch on Master Chef! ;)

None of the celbrity judges there, at least to the level I made.
I might try out again if circumstances were right, but not fantical about it.
There were some there who were, One was going to another location if he did not make this one.
It was a nice easy subway ride in for me.
How did you even get involved? What was the criteria for auditioning? You mention people who had been there before - did any of them get put through? What would have happened next if you had "made it"?

I'm not sure what would have happened next. I met one person who I was talking to who made it past the dessert room a year ago. The Deseret room is a second round of interviews.
She still had not made the show but was in running. They gave her some tasks to do - go home and film a celebration was one. So her family just had a party on a Tuesday etc. It might be a trick so they can see you're family is what I thought. Then they asked her if she could make some appearance out of the blue in Houston and she couldn't make the day they asked. She didn't make it further, and she was like maybe I should have made the shooting.

I didn't watch the most recent season(s). Truth is, I don't like it near as much now that Joe Bastianich and Graham Elliot Bowles are gone. :sad1:

Same. I'd love to see Joe return next year to Masterchef (I don't watch the Junior version so don't care much about that). They could have 4 judges next year and then maybe push Christina out.

So exciting. I love Joe too. Hope he comes back. Sorry you didn't make it.

Do you want work in the Industry? If you do its a tough gig

I would love it, wouldn't mind the hours, it's more lack of trainging and not knowing industry. And desire to not loose everything.
And I like excel so you know, I don't like it as much as cooking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter