I Hate Gaston

I honestly just hate Gaston in general, so I feel your pain with this interaction. As a woman, he's honestly the scariest villain to me, because he's not even that far off from a large portion of men that exist in the real world. He treats women like property and it makes me sick.

Just keepin' those expectations low.

giphy.gif

OP, if you go back and still want the picture of you and Gaston flexing, here's what I would suggest. Have your girlfriend approach Gaston and say something like "Gaston, my man over there thinks he has the looks and muscles to win Belle's affection. Would you show off your muscles next to him so he will finally see that he is no match for you?"

A difficult situation to be in for the performer; stay true to the character and anger the buff trainers and some women, or break character. The goal to embarrass the actor playing a role is a bit shallow in my opinion. I'm sure you could beat this actor in a push up competition, but is that really what you want to do with your time in WDW? He's just an actor, not a personal trainer or a body builder. Glad you can now see the humor in his performance.

This!
OP, if you go back and still want the picture of you and Gaston flexing, here's what I would suggest. Have your girlfriend approach Gaston and say something like "Gaston, my man over there thinks he has the looks and muscles to win Belle's affection. Would you show off your muscles next to him so he will finally see that he is no match for you?"

This is a great idea to get him to play along. I love to watch Gaston interacting with people and your experience OP sounds like he was being his usual obnoxious self. FWIW, I've never seen a Disney character break character. Even the handlers play along.

If you want a true villain experience....go see Kylo Ren! He's downright scary...... in a good way.

This makes me laugh....

Our only time meeting Gaston was pretty good... our then 4 year old had her Belle costume on and he was super sweet to her. He told the guys behind us to be quiet and show some respect to the princess he was meeting. He completely ignored me- I was 7 months pregnant. Not his type. Ha. He also ignored my husband and my mom, but my daughter thought he was fantastic. She initially didn't want to meet him because he's such a jerk in the movie.

So Mr. "I lift things up and put them down" got his panties in a wad because Gaston one upped him... priceless.

Sounds to me the CM playing Gaston did his job and did it perfectly. The fact that he irritated you that much, I woulda been rolling if I were somewhere in that line and could've seen it. Heck, I would've been helping to egg him on at that point, just to watch it irritate more, lol.

Gaston has some of the most self-indulgent attitude of any character. It's just who he is.

I mean, what can you expect from a guy who eats 5 dozen eggs everyday to be the size of a barge? He's literally gonna hit on girls and insult their boyfriends, husbands, male friends, etc... It's one job that some guy loves because yeah he's encouraged and bound by the job to do so.

ETA: These face character meets can go in many different directions. It's up to you to play along if the character takes over.

By the way, Gaston can be an *** to anyone, you just have to know how to be like the little girl in this video to be able to respond:

Whew. Okay, I just watched a bazillion Gaston M&G videos. He's on my list now. I will say this about the original post: The flexing and posing with Gaston? About every third guest in line tries to do that with him and he shuts them all down, unless they are very little children. I saw men, women, teenagers, even some tweens try it and he'd push down their arms and say "I'll do the flexing here" or similar. So don't hate. He's better than you, just ask him.:banana:

This. I wish he would've challenged me to a pushup competition like I've seen in videos online. I would have embarrassed big bad Gaston
You realize he cheats, right? He uses crap form and various other tricks to get the audience on his side. He's a villain.

Gaston was my son's first M&G. I watch the video at least once a week. One of my favorite Disney memories! :lovestruc
(he's telling Gaston he wants to go find the Beast at the castle with him and needs to get his 2 swords from his stroller:rotfl2:)

So sweet!!!!!!

So Mr. "I lift things up and put them down" got his panties in a wad because Gaston one upped him... priceless.

Sounds to me the CM playing Gaston did his job and did it perfectly. The fact that he irritated you that much, I woulda been rolling if I were somewhere in that line and could've seen it. Heck, I would've been helping to egg him on at that point, just to watch it irritate more, lol.

Gaston has some of the most self-indulgent attitude of any character. It's just who he is.

I mean, what can you expect from a guy who eats 5 dozen eggs everyday to be the size of a barge? He's literally gonna hit on girls and insult their boyfriends, husbands, male friends, etc... It's one job that some guy loves because yeah he's encouraged and bound by the job to do so.

ETA: These face character meets can go in many different directions. It's up to you to play along if the character takes over.

By the way, Gaston can be an azz to anyone, you just have to know how to be like the little girl in this video to be able to respond:

THAT was adorable!! She was precious but Gaston was fabulous keeping in character and playing along!! I loved it! He's on my meet list now! "Smile like you're making a sandwich". LOL! :laughing:

It's Disney World!!!!! It's supposed to be funny and fun! It's supposed to be away from reality! It's supposed to make you laugh! I could see if a guy off the streets did this but it's a character!!!!! OP-laugh and have fun. Don't let your ego get in the way!!!!!

THAT was adorable!! She was precious but Gaston was fabulous keeping in character and playing along!! I loved it! He's on my meet list now! "Smile like you're making a sandwich". LOL! :laughing:

You honestly have to know who you're meeting and have to be open for ANYTHING to happen. Anastasia and Drizella are fun too, especially with their mother along. They'll be all over the guys and steal them from their girls.

You meet the villains, be ready for some crazy stuff. I've heard stories of villains taking peoples things and such and giving them back, but playing with them first like they wouldn't... so yeah, Gaston being Gaston is an expected thing.

I will say this about the original post: The flexing and posing with Gaston? About every third guest in line tries to do that with him and he shuts them all down, unless they are very little children. I saw men, women, teenagers, even some tweens try it and he'd push down their arms and say "I'll do the flexing here" or similar. So don't hate. He's better than you, just ask him.:banana:

My DH tried on two different trips to challenge Gaston, and he was not interested at all. He also just put his biceps in front of my DH's face. If it makes the OP feel better, it might be that he saw that you were more muscular than him, and he didn't want to be put to shame! It is Gaston after all - he is his own biggest fan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter