I Hate Gaston

This. I wish he would've challenged me to a pushup competition like I've seen in videos online. I would have embarrassed big bad Gaston

That's why he didn't challenge you. He knew you would have embarrassed him, and maybe stolen some of his thunder by looking better than him.

The testosterone is just flying, it's cracking me up!

Oh good grief...

He's a character. He's SUPPOSED to be a rude pig, that's the entire point. Get over it. DW and I are both bodybuilders...I'm fairly muscular (I'm not a big guy) and DW is incredibly ripped...like seriously big time ripped. We haven't done a M&G with him yet, but I'll have a blast when we do. I know what's coming...he's going to rip me to shreds for DW being more muscular looking than I, and I'll be happy to play along.

Oh good grief...

He's a character. He's SUPPOSED to be a rude pig, that's the entire point. Get over it. DW and I are both bodybuilders...I'm fairly muscular (I'm not a big guy) and DW is incredibly ripped...like seriously big time ripped. We haven't done a M&G with him yet, but I'll have a blast when we do. I know what's coming...he's going to rip me to shreds for DW being more muscular looking than I, and I'll be happy to play along.

Can you have someone record this and post it to youtube? It sounds like it will be great entertainment.

You know, while I do agree that it's his character to be an arrogant jerk, I do think that the characters should at least make sure a guest's face is visible in the photo, even if said guest is being minimized by the great Gaston. Other than that it's all just funny though.

My favorite meet photo with Gaston doesn't even have Gaston. When I approached him he said "what do you want ?" I said "I just want a picture. ". He stepped away from me and said we'll take your picture. So I started posing and the photo pass photographer was snapping away. The look on his face was priceless. I love those pictures. He did come back and take a few with me. I guess he didn't think I'd be happy enough without him.

Took my girlfriend two weeks ago and my number one photo op to do while in WDW was to get a picture flexing with Gaston (I'm a trainer at a gym - it would've been great)
We found him, waited nearly 45 minutes in line, and once we get up there he COMPLETELY starts trashing me and was all over my girlfriend! She's very attractive mind you.. He was making fun of me and refused to take any sort of picture outside of a group picture of the three of us with his bicep in my face.
He pissed me off, I really wanted that picture but all he would do is be a d-bag. I know this was his "character" but honestly I got pretty pissed off that day.
/endrant >:(

He told me to get out of the photo because I was blocking him.

If you really want to engage with him, IMG_5361.JPG challenge him to a push up contest. He can't resist showing off his strength to the ladies.

You know, while I do agree that it's his character to be an arrogant jerk, I do think that the characters should at least make sure a guest's face is visible in the photo, even if said guest is being minimized by the great Gaston. Other than that it's all just funny though.

I have got a great picture of Oswald with his hand over my entire face.
It is one of my favourite pictures and I have it framed.
I love it.

Gaston is great. You need to just go with the flow with him. The actors do a great job staying in character. And part of that is being a jerk sometimes. When he was talking with my so. He yelled at an onlooker, "I know I'm gorgeous but for beast sakes STOP staring at me." Below is a picture of he and DH arguing over who is more handsome.

image.jpeg

He is a douchebag you can be in character and not be a bully... I think Gaston crosses the line sometimes..
What?

I doubt he is following anyone around to make their life miserable, day after day, long term, which is what actual bullying is.

He's playing a part, and he is true to the character in the movie. Have you never watched Beauty and the Beast? It certainly isn't as if Gaston is any nicer in the movie.

I saw him once, he made fun of a guy whose new fiancé wanted a photo with him, and the guy was taking the picture. Both took it in good humor. That's how the interaction is supposed to go. It's ultimately up to the person if they want to take it with sour grapes and get uptight about what amounts to an actor who is quite obviously doing his job extremely well.

He is a fictional character in a fictional world. It sounds like the cast member they hired is perfect for the job. He is portraying Gaston exactly as he should.

If you want to have a nicer experience flexing with characters - find the Incredibles. Mr. Incredible will totally flex with you and Mrs. Incredible will make all over you like you are the best thing since sliced bread.

Goofy actually rolled up his sleeves at the EPCOT character spot and flexed with me! It was great. I still hate Gaston.

I hope you took the picture with his bicep blocking your face! That's way better and more memorable than fake smiling with some random dude in costume.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter