I highly recommend keeping your trip a secret (Youtube link added)

That is such a great video, thanks for sharing. We're planning on keeping our trip planned for next year a secret. We are going in May to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary, and we met at the MK. We tried to plan 3 seperate trips that all had to be canceled, so I want to keep this one a secret just in case.

Okay, you made me cry. Good job keeping the secret. I did that last year, we had dropped the two younger boys off at my mom's the night before, and then I told the other ones we were going to church with her in the morning. We got on the Interstate going the wrong way, and they didn't know what was going on. I held up their Mickey ears that were hidden in the front seat, and you should have heard the howl. Congrats again for making the surprise so special. :goodvibes

How awesome & I totally agree about a surprise trip at least once! I did it in 2007...my girls thought they were going to the dentist....& while I don't have it on video my favorite line....was my then 12 year old saying...."So Im not getting a new toothbrush?"....

Hope you had a magical trip!

Watching that video gave me chills....That was so Awesome!!!!!!!!!

We are surprising our DDs (7 and 5) for our March trip, and it IS very tough to keep it a secret because my girls love to talk about Disney 24/7. Well, our plan of attack is that the girls think they are going to be spending a week with their grandparents (who live 3 hours away) because mom and dad are celebrating their 10 yr. wedding anniversary somewhere (they don't know where). Well, since our plane leaves at 7a.m., we will be getting them up very early so they are thinking we have to get on the rode at that time, and while they are eating their breakfast my DH is going to get a call (of course it will be me calling the house from my cell phone) from his parents saying something to the effect that the girls can't come because something came up. It will depress the girls a bit, until we tell them that the only other option is for them to come to Disney with us. That will definately lift their spirits back up.....I can not wait :cheer2:

Oh yeah, we are going to make sure we get this priceless memory on tape too :goodvibes

Thanks for posting that. So cute.

We booked a trip for May, but are keeping it a surprise from our kids. We're telling them we can't afford Disney until next year, but we're going to visit grandma in FL (so they won't be suspicious). The surprise will be when they notice us driving onto Disney property. :upsidedow

Now that I've seen your video, I'm going to have to make sure I have the camera out in the car to catch their reaction when they figure it out. :goodvibes

My DH & I are trying to keep our Dec trip a secret from our 2 DSs. We are keeping our fingers crossed and hoping that we don't slip up or they walk in on us discussing it. I'm an obsessed planner, yes I have a binder:rotfl2: , and I hope they don't hear or see anything. It's our first Christmas trip to the world!!!! I'm so excited I can hardly keep quiet!!!:cool1: :cheer2:

Wonderful! I puddled up. Reminds me of my children's reaction when we surprised them -except that mine forgot to ask when we were going, so that when we went out to the car (they were at school) and saw all of the luggage, they were surprised all over again.

Thanks for sharing!

Awww that was awesome. I loved their reaction. I can't wait to do that with DS when he's older.

That is priceless! I want to plan on surprising my DD with our trip. She knows that we want to go to WDW but I told her she needed to get bigger first.

I think it might be something with her growth chart though. Everyday she goes over, stands on her tip toes with her back against the wall saying "Look Mommy!!! I'm bigger now. Can we go see Mickey?"

So her seeing me reading my UG or working in my Disney binder really isn't an issue since she knows we are going. Just not when.

I love this....it reminds me to appreciate every visit to wdw i can make.

Thanks for sharing- your kids are priceless!!:goodvibes

I loved it.

Your boy was funny when he realized what was going on, you could tell he figured it out but wanted to keep reading for his sister, then couldn't keep it in anymore. Had to laugh at your girl too: "When?"

For Christmas 2005 we surprised our daughters age 9 and 5. We went to the airport on Christmas Eve and told them we were flying to their grandparents which we have never done before because they are only a 5 hour drive away. I had a note that I carried around with me to show counter people, security, and flight attendants that said not to say Orlando out loud. I was sure that if DD9 heard Orlando she would figure it out. Finally when we were an hour from Orlando on the plane I gave each girls a gift bag with a big card. I wrote in the card that the present inside was a clue to their Christmas present. Inside was Disney princess dresses, crowns, gloves, and shoes. It took a moment but the oldest finally yelled out to her younger sister that she thought we might be going to Disney. I confirmed it of course that then they both just started vibrating. The pilot then came on and congratulated them both on their surprise Christmas trip to Disney. They both wil never forget that surprise Christmas trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter