I highly recommend keeping your trip a secret (Youtube link added)

That brought tears to my eyes! How exciting! Makes me want to surprise my kids....if only I didn't have such a big mouth! haha!

wow what an awesome surprise. not to long i searched for those kind of surprises on you tube and they were just hilarious. thanks for sharing

We havent told our little ones (almost 5 and 3) about out trip March 1st.
We kind of hinted we were going to Florida to my parents condo but looking for ideas on how to explain the car ride to the airport (my brother will be taking us) to them. They are young so kind of difficult.
This video was great, almost cried.

I still can't get the link to work from the 1st post, could you please post it again?

We are going to surprise our kids for our April trip. (I think DH just wants to do that so I won't talk about it 24/7!!! LOL!!--Not really, it was his idea!)

I have no idea how we are going to do it. I would like to keep it a secret at least until we are ready to leave to go to the airport.

You need to back that video with the song from Van Halen "Right now"

Funny you should say that, that's one of my son's favorite songs. It's hard to tell, but he's wearing a Van Halen t-shirt in the video.

That's a great video! I want so badly to keep our May trip a secret from my oldest, but it'll be SOO HARD! We're going with my sister's family and everyone knows but him, so the chances of someone slipping before then are extremely high. It'll probably be ME!

If I can hold out, I plan to send him to school as normal, then pick him up just before lunch and say, "get in the car, we're going to Disney World," as calmly as I possibly can. I'm kind of debating whether I should surprise him or not, because he'll miss the last day of school and I am afraid he'll be upset that he didn't get to say good-bye to his friends (but they'll all be in his class next year, too, so I don't feel too bad).

Thanks for sharing your great surprise!

GREAT VIDEO, love the part when he said : "I knew something was up" the kids always want to out smart the parents.
Hope you guys have a great time...you should show it to Disney...who knows what can happen ;)

That's really adorable! It brought tears to my eyes too! What a great memory for you to have! :thumbsup2

Great video, and awesome idea..... I however found other benefits in telling them before hand... Namely "Guys, remember if you're not good......."

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Now my kids rooms are cleaner then they've ever been, they eat everything they are given. No attitude or contradiction. At least until we return at the end of March.

Hey, maybe we can plan another trip.....

Oh, and just as an aside, another of my favorite games:

Simon says "Touch your nose" (the touch there nose)
Simon says "Spin around" (They spin around)
Simon says "Clean your room and make your bed" (It works - I swear)

That was great!! I liked it when the news sunk in w/ the daughter and she jumped up and screamed!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter