I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s paid one or twice a year and it’s $195. We’re just gonna mail a check. We just recently did $400 in serve so we’re saying that’s going towards it
Yeah - that sounds like an organization that just doesn’t want to accept card. It’s not uncommon, especially in that arena/category. I bank a number of businesses and organizations that just choose not to do merchant processing. 😃 sorry you can’t use your card.

Yeah - that sounds like an organization that just doesn’t want to accept card. It’s not uncommon, especially in that arena/category. I bank a number of businesses and organizations that just choose not to do merchant processing. 😃 sorry you can’t use your card.
That’s alright. It just stinks to have 2 separate HOAs and neither of them take ccs without a fee

This is directed at PA/NJ folks - how is the weather there in late March? I'll probably be renting a car, is it hard to find parking for an SUV like a Toyota RAV4 or should I stick with a smaller car like a Hyundai Elantra?

Usually we are done with the snow by late March but it is certainly still a possibility. Maybe book the car and then upgrade once you see what the weather is looking like?

As for parking, if you’re going into Philly or NYC, finding street parking is always tough whether you’re in a car or an SUV. If not going into the city then parking is no big deal. Hope that helps!

Pretty sure almost all of them are +12,500 per additional child but they also most likely have a 4 person max occupancy which is creating the error.

Thanks but even when I just put 3 people it does not show availability. It only shows points availability for 2 or less people. I think I’m going to call.

One of my Xmas 'gifts' is to go see 'Come From Away' at the Kennedy Center over the holiday. DD paid for the tickets but I put them on my account and chose front orchestra seats. This was me letting them know what I would like for Xmas, hint hint and even though I didn't pay, I did the buying and wrapping, lol! Still love this gift!

Just checked and for all 23 performances, there are only 6 tickets showing still available over 5 different days, 2 tickets being available tonight, which is opening night. Basically it's a sellout and I'm glad I didn't pick tonight to go as I'm a bit under the weather. We will see it the Friday after Xmas.

You will love Come From Away! I saw it on tour in CT, and then bought my daughter and her fiancé front orchestra tickets for Philly for her birthday. Far better seats than I had. They both loved it, and he dislikes musicals, so that says something. Of course, after the fact, I realized I probably could have gotten us cheaper tickets to see it in nyc on one of our girl’s weekends. Doh!

You will love Come From Away! I saw it on tour in CT, and then bought my daughter and her fiancé front orchestra tickets for Philly for her birthday. Far better seats than I had. They both loved it, and he dislikes musicals, so that says something. Of course, after the fact, I realized I probably could have gotten us cheaper tickets to see it in nyc on one of our girl’s weekends. Doh!

I just saw it recently and loved it. I've been listening to the soundtrack for a while, it was nice to finally be able to see the whole story.

And for CC news. I (ok, DH) applied for a SW personal card on 12/12. I'm still getting a 2 week message. Grrr. I've been spoiled with always being immediately approved, or at least within a day or two. So I'm tired of waiting.

I have to go back and re watch this again.

Just another little tidbit of football for anyone that is interested. Raymond Herman Boone former TC Williams football coach has died. (Local Virginia school) His story was the basis for the film 'Remember the Titans'. This is 'old' history, from late 60ties early 70ties. It's news here in the DMV.
edit: Correction - it was Herman Boone.

So sad.

Loved the movie. The team actually trained at my younger daughter’s alma mater. I was disappointed when I rewatched the movie a few years ago with a bunch of students who had earned it as a reward in the middle school I worked at. Realized they hadn’t actually filmed at Gettysburg College.

@GlamMistress
Ahhh, I beg to differ on the excitement level for adults. I'm pretty excited to enjoy xmas with my family and friends. Since the grands came along, it's put a whole new spin on things. I actually don't care if I get a gift or not but I enjoy making those around me surprised or happy.

It's probably fun when you've got kids around. I'm sort of sick of being bled dry this month, including at work. Bah humbug.

I just tried to book a flight to Vegas using either AA or United points, and OMG! I can practically fly to Europe for that. I had one AA $100 gift certificate left over so I used that and paid cash for the remainder. How much do you guys value AA miles right now? How about United?

Best deal I got was for next summer. 3 tickets from PHL to LAX and returning to PHL from RNO.
30,000 total miles for tickets that cost $1860
Try looking for economy web specials (you can only view this on a computer). They aren’t refundable but if you’re certain of your plans, they can be a great deal! We’ve also booked to MCO for 10,000 miles round trip each with a ticket value of $362.

PB wins the cup is the best. I also like the munchies, baked/unbaked and the chocolate cookies and cream. DH got the 12 scoop sampler one time and he shared some of it.
So glad PB isn't chocolate ice cream! I also like the Munchies, it reminds me of that Jimmy Fallon Ben and Jerry's flavor! Never had the others. Maybe next time.
We love the ooey gooey butter cake one!
This was my first flavor, definitely a classic!

This morning I called and used a discounted gift card to book the dining plan on the day of our Bon Voyage breakfast. That was $108.54 DVC price. I got at least a 10% discount on the gift card plus 4x MR's for buying at a grocery store (where I get most gift cards), so I value those at roughly $4, and the discount at $10.85. That brings the dining plan actual cost for one adult and one child to $93.69.

The breakfast costs $44 and $26 or $70 plus tax of $4.20 =$74.20. On top will be a 20% tip out of pocket (using a gift card).

Remaining value of the dining plan will be 4 snacks, 2 quick service and 2 mugs. The mugs will be good for the rest of our trip. On our November trip, we had one evening meal at Contempo Cafe that my friend really enjoyed- their chicken dinner. I may take the girls over for that, if they still have it.

Last time we brought our mugs and for our 'sides' we got the fancy cupcakes. They were very disappointing so this time I'll get yoghurt parfaits if they have them and bring them back for breakfast with the girls milk and cereal. If you use your mug for your drink in a resort quick service, with the dining plan they let you have any side or snack instead of a bottled drink. Much better value than in a park where you can't use the mug. Most might know this but I'll state it just in case it helps someone.

Since Tuesday will be park day, we will dine in the parks, for as long as the girls can last without melting down. Quick service and toted along in the stroller snacks and drinks - can't have enough Oreos, gold fish and Honest drinks! Oh and grapes and cheeses - mozzarella string, Tillamook cheddar, and Babybels .......We can also use the snack credits today.

Wednesday I want to do Ale and Compass again, for a 9ish breakfast ….maybe. Hoop De Doo will be later that afternoon. I will not make a reservation for Ale and Compass - if I don't get in I'll just take the girls to the Beach Club Market Place. This way we can lollygag around at our own pace. Then back to the pool, probably.

I'm basically thinking out loud here as I plan and adjust my plans.
Wow, you have really given me something to think about for our two night WDW stay in March before heading over to DVB. Off to run the numbers. Thanks

If this is hurting AA will they divorce Citi down the road? It's weird that AA is doing the shutdowns and not Citi. If AA is this mad about it I can't imagine them being too happy with Citi allowing this. AA's new dynamic pricing is another devaluation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter