I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so you’re aware - we would actually advise people on the thread to do this. I do not find it “shady”. It works and I’d challenge somebody to point out in the T&Cs where it is not allowed. In my experience on r/churning I’d say thousands of people have doubled up on the Travel credit (some even tripled when that used to be possible) with no adverse action. I can also say that some of the most upstanding and ethically responsible people I know on this thread have done this.

Basically, don’t create rules in your mind where they don’t exist.
Triple dipped the travel credit before PCing to CSP. No repercussions.

Yeah. We are in RI. Will definitely book as early as possible. Jealous of you going without kids lol. I was actually just looking at Hyatt (Grand Hyatt Baha Mar?) and it looks great. We wouldn't mind paying for the kids club at all if we can book the room on points. Thanks for the advice and if we go with Aruba I will definitely hit you up for recs!
Awesome! Have a blast and I look forward to hearing about it.
Baha Mar is the Bahamas I think. It’s the Hyatt Regency Aruba. Also look into the Hyatt Zivas. With 4 people you’d need 2 rooms a night a 50k but they are all inclusive. I believe there are a few in Mexico, one in Jamaica and a brand new one opening this fall in Punta Cana. I believe @Andysol had done a few

I just booked our trip for Memorial Day weekend. Three nights at Grand Floridian using passholder rate of $422 a night. Flights PHL to MCO using gift cards from Amex and Citi travel credits flying out on Thursday May 23. We arrive late so one night at Hyatt Place MCO using 8,000 points transferred from chase. No ticket costs since we are pass holders. Flying out Monday May 27th using JetBlue travel credits and points. We’ve done food and wine already and so excited to do Flower and Garden.
Having fun at F&G now. The topiaries are lovely and all the food we’ve had is delish!

I am hoping you will be able to post a review on the hotel thread. I haven't seen this property reviewed by one of our own there. I'd be interested in your thoughts since it is a FL property and on the radar for me as a weekend getaway. Thanks!

We stayed at the Marco Island Marriott about 8 years ago and it was wonderful!! I can't comment on the current state but if it was easier to get to, we'd be going more often. I loved that Marco Island is more "old FL" like than FL has become. I grew up near Tampa in the 80's-90's when there were still orange groves around and roadside boiled peanuts.

I’m 20 pages behind, caught up a bit today but Epcot calls. The parks are packed. RD at MK yesterday. We always do BTMR first, always walk on. Yesterday, the line was back to the bridge by 9:05 and SM was down. We did Pirates, then Aladdin (saw Jasmine and Aladdin ride before they started meeting guests) then hit the slow stuff like Hall of Presidents and COP. Lines were 60+ for pretty much everything. Hopped to Epcot and had FP for TT and did some “slow”stuff there too. Had a bad day with my knee which involved Disney First Aid and a lot of limping, so taking today slower. Had a great time at AK this morning then came back to Swan at 3:30ish. Scored a FP for IllumiNations tonight so will snack around the World Showcase and end there tonight.
image.jpg

This has nothing to do with anything, but I know there are quite a few here going to South Africa soon, so watch out for unphotogenic elephants. DD sent this pic complaining she couldn’t use her best elephant pictures she took at Addo Elephant Park :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: This actually happened to us at Pittsburgh Zoo when kids were little and one of them asked why the elephant had 5 legs. :rotfl: Sorry, I’m 12 sometimes and it just made me giggle.

B790CD27-3584-4588-B2C9-A1861BD65969.jpeg

Chase Rewards customer service was helpful in cancelling our June flight home from St Lucia. We had booked with UR points, and I just happened to notice that United had cancelled the 2nd leg of the flight and wanted us to spend the night in Newark! (no notification about it!) Chase service rep called United and cancelled the flight, got the points back quickly and I booked on Delta (more points of course). So, 1.5 hr to go thru customs in Atlanta with GE, hope the plane doesn't take off late or we'll be spending the night in ATL instead!

We went to Aruba in October, stayed at a Marriott. It had been rainy the week before, but the weather was gorgeous for us - sunny every day, there is quite a breeze. We took a Jeep tour through some of the rugged country in the middle of the island, it was fun but very bouncy!

Joining in about the Marriott gift cards, glad @Lain remembered my comment. I'm hopeful that most SPG resorts will be able to accept Marriott GC's by 4/1, but given how the whole merger has gone I would be doubtful if they will. I would also not count on the resort front desk having accurate information, as when I checked into the Dolphin in December the initial rep told me upon checkout I would be able to use a Marriott GC, but then upon check out I could not. Until we have several DP's across multiple historic SPG resorts I would not count on being able to use a Marriott GC. Personally, I would not hesitate to buy a Marriott GC if I did not have a resort stay for this most recent AMEX offer; as long as you are ok with floating the money and know that eventually you will have a use for it.

I called both AA Hotels and AA Vacations. Neither rep knew of any reason why Disney hotels weren’t showing up. The AA vacations rep specifically felt it was an IT or connection error though and they sent an email in to check on that.

Disney hotels are back on Expedia now so crossing my fingers that this is just a glitch...nothing showing on AA sites yet.
Thanks for calling and posting an update! I've been trying not to panic all day! I'm too busy trying to pack and get everything ready for my mom & stepdad to take over here to worry about it too much but hoping for good news about it all soon :)

Do I have to wait for my new card to come in the mail befor I transfer points to the portal. I’m assuming I do since it’s asking for the card number, but I wasn’t sure if there was another way that I am not aware of?

Do I have to wait for my new card to come in the mail befor I transfer points to the portal. I’m assuming I do since it’s asking for the card number, but I wasn’t sure if there was another way that I am not aware of?

If your referring to combining Chase URs to a new card...yes unfortunately you need the card number to combine points and then book through the travel portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter