I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No response on reddit yet about SPG taking Marriott gift cards..

Why don't you call the SPG hotel you are interested in and ask them? Then you can tell us your results.

Since Marriott can't get their own legacy properties onboard with selling gift cards, (the process) my bet is no, it's not in gear yet, but you never know.

@GusGus16 reported last month that the Westin (formerly part of SPG) he stayed at in PHX told him they were in training on the program and expected to be able to accept Marriott GCs by 4/1.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...r-addl-details.3729982/page-314#post-60263175

My sense is the merger is a mess and the progress of getting all the legacy properties onto the same Bonvoy programs/systems is still very ymmv depending on the property. While the Westin in PHX may be ready by 4/1, another legacy property may already accept them or might need longer. All Marriott properties should eventually be able to accept them, but who knows when? I think @Judique is right that the only way to find out for sure is to contact the property you want to use a Marriott GC at directly.

I stayed an SPG resort the day of the transition... i spoke with front desk on how it goes with them... they told me that they still ran SPG side with what they were doing + running marriott's system as well... i think this was a transition for them(rather than us), hence why we still saw SPG hotels on the old looking site vs the new one... it probably gave SPG employees a nice chance to get familiar with Marriott's system before the SPG side was completely turned off.

just my 2 cents

Just back from another great WDW trip and while we have one more planned just before our AP expires in August, my wife is ready to hit some other (non-Disney) destinations in 2020. She wants us to go somewhere tropical and has mentioned Aruba. I would love some insight from you experienced travel pros. Here's some more information.

-Travel dates are 4/13-4/18 or possibly 4/13-4/19
-Ideally we would like to fly Southwest from PVD but could do BOS (hopefully we will still have 2 CPs in 2020)
-We are taking DD9 and DD10 so would love a place with a great kids club/ program
-All-Inclusive would be nice but not necessary
-I'd love to book using URs

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Love love love Aruba!!!!

-your dates are not April vacation for MA but right after Easter so a lot of schools will be off. Book very early -flights and hotels will be expensive
- you can fly Pvd to Aua on SW def NOT nonstop or AUA from BOS. Jetblue goes nonstop and it’s incredibly quick.
- we went w/o kids (heaven) but it’s a very safe island and kid friendly. The Hyatt or Marriott both have kids clubs but I believe for an upcharge. You can walk the beach and around town very safely. We might take our this Feb (10&13 then)
-there are 2 parts to the island - high rise and low rise. We did high rise it’s a bit busier but has all the restaurants, bars, shops so it was our preference. Low rise is quieter. Beautiful beaches at both.
- I would NOT recommend all inclusive in Aruba unless you are heavy drinkers. There are so many amazing restaurants and fun bars to explore it’d be a shame to miss them. Food and drinks can be expensive but you’ll prob come out the same with all inclusive because they are pricey too. The only ones I know are Divi/Tamarin (low rise), Riu and Occidental grande. We had friends just do the Divi and loved it so look into it if you def want all inclusive
- Hyatt IMO would be your best choice and UR friendly. Slides for kids, great beach, 25k points a night. A steal that time of year! I can give you recs for food and drinks. We did the Hilton next door which was great but hyatt appeared to have more for the kids and was a bit nicer IMO. I’m looking into Marriott Stellaria too

What a day I had. Woke up to an email from American Airlines. Because of all of the drama with the Boeing Max plane they are cancelling 90 flights per day. Our flight to Vegas in 3 weeks is cancelled. So, they put us on the flight leaving the evening before. But wait, I'll be watching Hamilton on Broadway at that time. I paid $900 for 4 tickets!!!

Here's where points and miles and credit cards in general saved the day. American allowed us to book flights from Philly instead of JFK. We got the last 4 seats! Amtrak points will get us to Philly from New York Penn Station. Priority Pass lounge-Minute Suites and the Centurion Lounge will keep us occupied before our flight.

Is it ideal? No, but travel teaches you to be flexible. We are supposed to arrive in Vegas only 30 minutes after our previously scheduled flight!

Haha. Yes from MA I figured the Feb vacation thing. NY isn’t far off! You won’t regret the CSR going to Universal. Do you have any URs yet? Once you can transfer them do it (to the CSR) and when you know your dates I’d book. I see RPR for $398 that week so 26800 UR a night . You won’t see much better than that but if you do it’s super easy to cancel and rebook!!!

Yes! I currently have 125k in my CSP portal, but have another 50k that will be posting from DH’s CIU. Our district hasn’t posted the schedule yet for next year, but it’s been the same week for years (the week of Washington’s Birthday). I tried to transfer my points, but it looks like I will have to wait for my card to arrive in the mail because I have to enter the card number before I can transfer them. As soon as I can, though, I plan to book. How does it work if I need to adjust the dates later? Do they just refund my points?

Is the plastiq $10,000 Ffd still good? I tried using a code and it just came up as $500 free but I signed up for a business/personal account.

Data Point on the last Chase IHG unrestricted Free night. I was issued the certificate in July 2018 and had originally booked the Intercontinental Times Square. Our AA flight was just cancelled and we are now flying out of Philly, so I attempted to use it on our June trip at the Intercontinental Toronto Centre.

When attempting to book it on IHG.com, it would not allow me the option to book a double full bed room. It showed unavailable for our dates. Called IHG, they thanked me for being a "Platinum member" lol which comes free with the card. They called up the hotel which accepted the free night certificate and noted I needed a double bed room at check in. Updated reservation is showing up on ihg.com.

Cancelled my Doubletree ressie and got my Hilton points back!

Why don't you call the SPG hotel you are interested in and ask them? Then you can tell us your results.

Since Marriott can't get their own legacy properties onboard with selling gift cards, (the process) my bet is no, it's not in gear yet, but you never know.
I'll try tonight. Just thought I'd see if anyone had tried recently anywhere. It's hard to get calls in at work.

Just back from another great WDW trip and while we have one more planned just before our AP expires in August, my wife is ready to hit some other (non-Disney) destinations in 2020. She wants us to go somewhere tropical and has mentioned Aruba. I would love some insight from you experienced travel pros. Here's some more information.

-Travel dates are 4/13-4/18 or possibly 4/13-4/19
-Ideally we would like to fly Southwest from PVD but could do BOS (hopefully we will still have 2 CPs in 2020)
-We are taking DD9 and DD10 so would love a place with a great kids club/ program
-All-Inclusive would be nice but not necessary
-I'd love to book using URs

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

We are heading to Aruba in 1 week With our boys (not all inclusive) but I will let you know how we like it!

Is the plastiq $10,000 Ffd still good? I tried using a code and it just came up as $500 free but I signed up for a business/personal account.

Should still work through May 31. Thanks for the reminder, finally remembered to add mine to Dischurners, Here is what the email said:

This offer is only available to the Plastiq account associated with *****@comcast.net and is not transferable. Your referral must be a new business customer and have signed up with your unique referral code before making their first payment. There is no limit to how many new business customers you can refer. However, each referral is only eligible for one bonus. Existing Plastiq customers do not qualify as a “new business customer” for this promotion. Retroactive credit will not be given for new business customers who do not submit your unique referral code on their first payment. Your referral must process at least $10,000 USD worth of business payments with a processing date on or before May 31, 2019 in order to count toward referral payment volume.

Standard referral payout will occur automatically after $500 is processed. The 10,000 fee-free dollars will be credited to each account within 2 business days of promotion volume processed. Cannot be combined with other Plastiq promotions or offers. Plastiq reserves the right to update any promotion at any time.

I am hoping you will be able to post a review on the hotel thread. I haven't seen this property reviewed by one of our own there. I'd be interested in your thoughts since it is a FL property and on the radar for me as a weekend getaway. Thanks!
I’ve stayed there for thanksgiving. Will try to remember to dig up the pics and post a review.

Yes! I currently have 125k in my CSP portal, but have another 50k that will be posting from DH’s CIU. Our district hasn’t posted the schedule yet for next year, but it’s been the same week for years (the week of Washington’s Birthday). I tried to transfer my points, but it looks like I will have to wait for my card to arrive in the mail because I have to enter the card number before I can transfer them. As soon as I can, though, I plan to book. How does it work if I need to adjust the dates later? Do they just refund my points?

If you need to change your dates..the old reservation has to be cancelled and a new one booked
if you have enough points book the new dates first...then cancel the old one

Make sure to book a refundable rate....so you get your points back

Love love love Aruba!!!!

-your dates are not April vacation for MA but right after Easter so a lot of schools will be off. Book very early -flights and hotels will be expensive
- you can fly Pvd to Aua on SW def NOT nonstop or AUA from BOS. Jetblue goes nonstop and it’s incredibly quick.
- we went w/o kids (heaven) but it’s a very safe island and kid friendly. The Hyatt or Marriott both have kids clubs but I believe for an upcharge. You can walk the beach and around town very safely. We might take our this Feb (10&13 then)
-there are 2 parts to the island - high rise and low rise. We did high rise it’s a bit busier but has all the restaurants, bars, shops so it was our preference. Low rise is quieter. Beautiful beaches at both.
- I would NOT recommend all inclusive in Aruba unless you are heavy drinkers. There are so many amazing restaurants and fun bars to explore it’d be a shame to miss them. Food and drinks can be expensive but you’ll prob come out the same with all inclusive because they are pricey too. The only ones I know are Divi/Tamarin (low rise), Riu and Occidental grande. We had friends just do the Divi and loved it so look into it if you def want all inclusive
- Hyatt IMO would be your best choice and UR friendly. Slides for kids, great beach, 25k points a night. A steal that time of year! I can give you recs for food and drinks. We did the Hilton next door which was great but hyatt appeared to have more for the kids and was a bit nicer IMO. I’m looking into Marriott Stellaria too
Yeah. We are in RI. Will definitely book as early as possible. Jealous of you going without kids lol. I was actually just looking at Hyatt (Grand Hyatt Baha Mar?) and it looks great. We wouldn't mind paying for the kids club at all if we can book the room on points. Thanks for the advice and if we go with Aruba I will definitely hit you up for recs!
We are heading to Aruba in 1 week With our boys (not all inclusive) but I will let you know how we like it!
Awesome! Have a blast and I look forward to hearing about it.

Should still work through May 31. Thanks for the reminder, finally remembered to add mine to Dischurners, Here is what the email said:

This offer is only available to the Plastiq account associated with *****@comcast.net and is not transferable. Your referral must be a new business customer and have signed up with your unique referral code before making their first payment. There is no limit to how many new business customers you can refer. However, each referral is only eligible for one bonus. Existing Plastiq customers do not qualify as a “new business customer” for this promotion. Retroactive credit will not be given for new business customers who do not submit your unique referral code on their first payment. Your referral must process at least $10,000 USD worth of business payments with a processing date on or before May 31, 2019 in order to count toward referral payment volume.

Standard referral payout will occur automatically after $500 is processed. The 10,000 fee-free dollars will be credited to each account within 2 business days of promotion volume processed. Cannot be combined with other Plastiq promotions or offers. Plastiq reserves the right to update any promotion at any time.
So it doesn’t show up as posting to my account. I emailed plastiq and they told me I have the code but it won’t show as posting until $10,000 is spent.

Just double checking...
DH is at 4/24.
I’m going to refer him for the Amex Bonvoy business card. Will this count against his 5/24 status? His business is super small if you catch my drift. It’s connected to his social, if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter