I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As another reminder - I often use this link to read every comment made on DISchurners each day:

https://old.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/comments/
My way of keeping track is after I read something I upvote it! If you aren't sure what the comment relates to you can click "context" to see the comments that preceded it!
Thanks. I’ll probably start using that but I hate how small the font is

Did anyone else get the email from Barclay about the AAviator about the added perks?

I don't think it's always had these has it?

Cellular Telephone Protection
Provides supplemental coverage for eligible damage or theft of your eligible cellular wireless telephone.1
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
Provides secondary coverage for covered damages to an eligible rental vehicle when you pay for the entire rental transaction using your card and decline the coverage offered by the rental agency.1

Postmates
Postmates provides on-demand delivery from over 200,000 restaurants and stores across the United States. Receive $5 off eligible orders of $25 or more when you use your eligible AAdvantage® Aviator® Red Mastercard® to order through Postmates.2​
Fandango
Fandango
Get rewarded even faster on eligible purchases when you join Fandango VIP. Earn double the points for the tickets you buy with your AAdvantage® Aviator® Red Mastercard®, 250 points per ticket. Rack up 500 points and earn a $5 VIP+ reward.2​
Lyft
Lyft
Enroll and take 5 eligible rides in a month using your AAdvantage® Aviator® Red Mastercard® and get a $10 Lyft credit. Keep riding to earn credit month after month.2​

Advice needed. I just got approved for Southwest Biz 1/7, but I'm at $3700 of MSR $5k. We just had our water heater go out and putting in a tankless for $2800 next week. We also have about $5k left on a rental rehab we're working over the next month. I feel like it would be wise to open another cc but not sure which one.

P1:
CSP 1/18
SPG AMEX 3/18
CIP 4/18
CO Venture 8/18
CIU 10/18
Barclay A+ 1/19 - planning on cancelling when AF hits any day
AMEX Marriott biz 3/19
CIC 3/19
AMEX Hilton Biz 6/19
CIP 7/19
Southwest Biz 1/7/2020
So 4/24, possibly 3/24 since I applied for CSP 1/1/18

P2:
Toro personal cc 1/18
Chase IHG 3/18
CSP 4/18
AMEX SPG 4/18
CO Venture 6/18 (cancelled)
Barclay A+ 10/18 (cancelled)
Amex Hilton personal 1/19
AMEX Marriott BIZ 3/19
AMEX Hilton Biz 9/19
So 6/24, possibly 5/24

I'm working on CP for Southwest. Obviously can't apply for another Biz card yet. Probably not wise to apply for the personal card this soon. DH could apply for a card, but not sure what? His ultimate goal is to hit Chase Biz cards after Mar.

Trips planned:
Cruise 3/2020
2 week out west trip 7/2020
6 day Caribbean Hilton/Marriott stay for anniversary with points 11/2020

I got lost in baby cuteness....lol....can anyone help?

I'm having an issue with Hertz. We dreopped of the car after hours and put the key in the drop box. Now they're saying they don't have the car. I'm horrified and confused what to do now.

I would think they would have security camera coverage? No?

I only ask because I bought clothes for my daughter the other day and was charged for a pair of mens shorts. I said oh, that's it, we didn't buy any mens shorts. They looked at the footage (which literally there was a camera on every register) and you could see the first article of clothing she put in my bag was a womens sweatshirt.

Surely in this situation you could say you droped off at 8pm, they could see you pulling in, see you dropping keys. All on video?

That being said, are you also 100% sure it was the right location? I only ask because apparently the location in Las Vegas, people drop off their cars at the wrong place all the time.

Got that one a couple of weeks back. Did you just get it? Wondering if they are doing a second round.

I'm now getting pretty much identical offers on all 5 cards, although I did get a couple of Hilton offers this morning that are on my MR cards but not on my Bonvoy cards.
It might have been there before and I just didn't notice it.

I'm having an issue with Hertz. We dreopped of the car after hours and put the key in the drop box. Now they're saying they don't have the car. I'm horrified and confused what to do now.
ohmygosh I have no idea. I've never heard of that. Does Hertz have the ability to track rental cars?

Update to say First Horizon said they only post bonuses the last week of the month. So they had until 1/8 per their terms, but they won’t review and post until 1/26-1/31 :sad2:

I just got a targeted email offer from BOA $500 after 10k inDD in 90 days. Deciding between that, Chase, and WF for our next round once this stupid FH one is settled (for clarity sake I can only handle 2 bank bonuses at once and I still need to close BB&T).

True Confessions... I screwed up a bank bonus :badpc: :badpc: :badpc:

Guys- I don't screw up bank bonuses. I'm meticulous! ...but I missed this detail, was moving too fast and I did not do my double check before the date passed to qualify

Incredible Bank ran a $175 checking promo for like a day. I got in on it. I did my direct deposits, enrolled in online banking but missed the requirement to download the app. Months later bonus day came and I didn't get it. I chatted and the said I didn't qualify as I didn't download the mobile app.

True Confessions... I screwed up a bank bonus :badpc: :badpc: :badpc:

Guys- I don't screw up bank bonuses. I'm meticulous! ...but I missed this detail, was moving too fast and I did not do my double check before the date passed to qualify

Incredible Bank ran a $175 checking promo for like a day. I got in on it. I did my direct deposits, enrolled in online banking but missed the requirement to download the app. Months later bonus day came and I didn't get it. I chatted and the said I didn't qualify as I didn't download the mobile app.
I almost missed that I had to download the app. I'm sorry. I make myself re-read the requirements several times because I can be scatter-brained!

A bunch of Random American Express Credit Card News:
  • The Elevated offer on the Blue Business Plus through support link ends on 1/29/20
  • The Elevated offers on the personal Delta Gold, Platinum and Reserve through support links expire on 1/29/20
  • The Elevated offers on the business Delta Gold, Platinum and Reserve through support links expire on 1/29/20
  • The Elevated offer on the Business Gold through support link ends on 2/5/20
  • The Annual fee is increasing on the Personal & Business Delta Reserve on 1/30/20 to $550 (currently $450)
  • The Annual fee is increasing on the Personal & Business Delta Platinum on 1/30/20 to $250 (currently $195)
I think that's a good recap of everything! As a reminder (and there is a disclaimer on DISchurners) sometimes you might find increased offers through support links in incognito mode. This can be hit or miss. If you're ever confused on an Amex offer please consult the thread before applying as they do not match offers after the fact. I feel pretty confident that all the offers I list above are the best you'll do now on those cards.
Adding something to this comment:
  • 1st year AF waived on Delta Gold and Delta Biz Gold apps through 1/29/20, afterwards the AF will be charged in year 1 (thanks to a random r/churning member for pointing that out.

Was just looking out of curiosity andddddd my account still says I only need 26 nights to renew lol
I just went down the rabbit hole from @amalone1013 comment to here. Mine doesn't look like either of these, but mine says 0 nights needed to renew status. I am thinking they just haven't updated those yet for some people but does have my current count for 2020 right. But on @miztressuz I see 15 nights now, 35 nights to renew platinum elite. That sounds right. 15+35=50. Why do you think this is not right? I think on the line below they meant 60 more nights will get you Titanium (15+60=75) which is right. And the new Titanium is the old Platinum. Right? So they just used the wrong word. Unless I am totally misunderstanding what you are saying. Which is very probable! lol Now we are all confused, including Marriott. That is what they get for changing the name and the status levels. Why do they think everything needs changed.
Yeah the "Platinum at 60" was totally meant to be Titanium. I think it's a very bad glitch from the Platinum Plus, or whatever goofiness they called it, after the merger. I realized that after figuring out they aren't counting the nights right for certain pages.

What I'm talking about though is the wording. That screen states "Renews at 35 nights" which would mean once he hits 35 total he'll be Platinum again. It should indicate that he needs 35 or has 35 nights remaining to reach Platinum and it would be correct. At first I thought it was just poor wording, and it still might be, but it matches with the other screen that shows he has 20 nights remaining to reach Platinum; when as you said we actually have 35 nights remaining after the 15.

So it could be a combination of poor wording and a display glitch that just happen to match up BUT when I look at my account it shows the same miscalculation. Says only "7 nights needed to achieve Gold Elite" when I only have 15 from the CC posted. Since 25 minus 15 does not equal 7, I was trying to figure out their math :p

In our case if I take the non-CC nights from 2019 and add it to the number of nights needed, that adds up to the correct number. For my account I stayed 3 nights in 2019 + the 15 CC nights from 2020 + 7 nights needed = 25 nights for Gold. Same for hubby, he stayed 15 nights in 2019 +15 from 2020 CC + 20 nights needed = 50. (And as we all know, this is NOT how it's supposed to work :) But I like their thinking!)

I suspect this is just a bad user interface and it's just displaying the wrong information. I found one screen today where it did actually show the correct "10 nights needed" for my account but when you clicked on details it still showed the wrong calculation and listed it as 7 instead - however, I can't figure out where I was that showed it to view it again. But it'd be interesting if the actual tracker was goofed up!

It's not unprecedented as hubby is still listed as Lifetime Gold Elite when he's not really. :laughing: I still laugh every time I open that page and it shows how far away we actually are from the criteria!
This is all quite mysterious. It still says I need 25 nights to renew Titanium - which was true at the end of 2019, but sure ain't true now (with my 15 cc nights sitting in my account). I'd need 35 just to get to Platinum at the moment. Status resets at the end of February for Marriott, so we will all find out then if their error will stick or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter