I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like you're still in the offer window since you met the specific date requirements so there's still time to get through the automatic process. If it won't prevent you from starting other things I'd play this out and see what happens.

The last comment in this chain here mentions the real time transfers but no definitive answer on their effectiveness.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/u-s-bank-300-in-branch-checking-bonus/#comment-825823
This might seem like standard pushes are the way to go:

I'm not in US bank footprint so I'm not first hand familiar. Just some DPs I could find on a quick search. 🤞

Thanks, I did see that info, and then panicked when I thought the first deposit had to be by the 13th....note to self, don’t try to do too much at once. Difficult for an impatient overachiever :P

The thing that might get you is when they considered the account open. I opened an account at a local bank the last day of the offer. I applied online but they didn’t consider it opened until the account funded and it took them 5 business days to post my transfer. Bonus denied since they count the day the first deposit posted as the opening day. Ugh. Note to self, never apply less than 10 days before the offer ends.

Ah, didn’t think about that either, good point. Yep, as @miztressuz said, I need to take a breath and move forward with a little more deliberation. Sigh......

Diamond here as well. A room upgrade would be nice, but I’m more excited about Wailea Beach right at the resort and I’m sure my kiddo will want to spend many hours at the pools, and there’s an entire island out there. So yeah, not a big deal.

Planning to catch a sunrise at Haleakala and visit the Ali’I Kula Lavender Farm one day. We’ve also made dinner reservations at Mama’s Fish House around sunset (wow, those go fast). Still penciling in other activities. DW is not fond of “road trips” but I feel like the Road to Hana should be on our list, and maybe a hike in Iao Valley?

Hope you enjoy your trip! And thanks for the offer.

We are still working on the schedule as well. Have parking permit for Haleakala all set but might get another day in case weather looks bad. Plan to do the road to Hana and also spend part of a day upcountry Maui. I didn't know about Iao Valley, that looks like a nice hiking location. Paddle boarding and perhaps surfing lessons for my 13 year old. Snorkling out at Molokini. I just want it to be a memorable trip for him and my wife.

We looked at Mama's Fish house but ooof man it's a pretty penny. The menu looks awesome though. We'll probably hit diners at Kehei for some cheaper options.

Got an e-mail from Amex about the "limited time" 25k support from the Gold Biz saying offer ends 2/5. Wonder if it's going back to 20k after that.

Got an e-mail from Amex about the "limited time" 25k support from the Gold Biz saying offer ends 2/5. Wonder if it's going back to 20k after that.

That’s my guess. The base supportal bonus on the Biz Gold has always been 20k MR, which is currently elevated to 25k MR. I hope it doesn’t drop below 20k MR. The Biz Gold’s tiered 75k MR/$10k MSR/3 months (50k MR/$5k + 25k MR/$5k) supportal offer is also supposed to end on 2/5/20.

I wonder if the BBP’s supportal bonus will also drop back down to 10k MR? The BBP’s 15k MR/5k MSR/3 months supportal offer is set to end on 1/29/20.

i got one for my BBP and its weird one. its like 3x referral @ 15k, then 10k afterwards...

Right, because the cap on supportal bonuses on Amex MR earning cards is 55k MR total per calendar year, regardless of how much each individual supportal bonus is worth on each card. So on the Biz Gold, you’ll only get 2 supportals at the full 25k MR, then the next click will only earn 5k MR. On the BBP, that’s 3x15 MR = 45k MR, leaving an only 10k MR cap for a final click. So to avoid getting short changed on the last click, you’d need to switch your supportal link to a fresh card with the next highest supportal bonus to get the full amount of that bonus.

Last edited:
i got one for my BBP and its weird one. its like 3x referral @ 15k, then 10k afterwards...
Right, because the cap on supportal bonuses on Amex MR earning cards is 55k MR total per calendar year, regardless of how much each individuals supportal bonus is worth on each card. So on the Biz Gold, you’ll only get 2 supportals at the full 25k MR, then the next click will only earn 5k MR. On the BBP, that’s 3x15 MR = 45k MR, leaving an only 10k MR cap for a final click. So to avoid getting short changed on the last click, you’d need to switch your supportal link to a fresh card with the next highest supportal bonus to get the full amount of that bonus.

They spelled it out on my Biz Gold e-mail too, which I thought was funny.

Looks like @SouthFayetteFan checked in on his other family today but forgot about us... Yes I saw the 8 posts... :rotfl2: We'll allow it this time...

Edit, Since he didn't tell anyone here...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...-2-no-spoilers.3782822/page-337#post-61485061

Awww...we can forgive him for this. He's obviously having fun with his real family and taking the time to report in real time to support his spreadsheet buddies on the other thread. Enjoy yourself, @SouthFayetteFan and family!

I think I'm going to try to plan our London/Paris/etc trip over Labor Day so we can add an extra day in... I'm pretty settled with just flying economy for being more direct/less travel time overall/less points/lots of availability.

Unless there is a reason someone knows of that says avoiding that time wins out over having an extra day :)

Can’t book late December for Hilton Bonnet Creek. Trying to get a post Christmas Day trip in from 26-31 and this is the only Hilton that shows no availability. Nothing past December 20th thru January. So I am thinking it has not released the dates yet. And of course this is the place I want to stay. Waldorf next door and Disney Springs Hilton’s have availability. Any idea why? Was wondering if this is a hotel for New Years bowl games???? I want to use points now!

I think I'm going to try to plan our London/Paris/etc trip over Labor Day so we can add an extra day in... I'm pretty settled with just flying economy for being more direct/less travel time overall/less points/lots of availability.

Unless there is a reason someone knows of that says avoiding that time wins out over having an extra day :)
I googled this because I was curious and the consensus seemed to be that it is a decent time to go, but plan it so that schools are back in session, so like mid week during the first week of September.

I also went down a rabbit hole about whether face cloths were used in London hotels.

I know many people are reluctant to make phone calls or will accept what they see online and go no further. However, often times, making a phone call or questioning what you see results in a better outcome.

After making our Al Maha reservation, I decided to check availability at the Fairmont Mara Safari Club. The plan was to pay for our stay using URs via the travel portal. I wanted this property because it has good reviews, is reasonably priced compared to other places I’d looked at, includes 2 game drives a day and all meals. When I checked our dates I could not find them at all. When I checked by property it showed as sold out. So, I decided to check directly on Fairmont’s website. No dice. It showed as sold out. So I checked other dates both on their website and the travel portal. I found it hard to believe they were sold out for every day after early September. I decided to call the Fairmont directly and ask about booking our dates. The agent was able to pull up the availability with no problem for our dates with the exception of New Year’s day. She assumed they weren’t booking 2021 yet. She said she’d contact the property directly so I wouldn’t have to call everyday and ask for a release and add on to my reservation.

The agent got us a luxury tent above the river overlooking the hippos. She also applied a 10% discount to my reservation since I provided my Fairmont loyalty number. No deposit was required just a credit card to hold the reservation and no penalty to cancel until shortly before our actual trip.

I may still book via the UR portal once availability shows up and cancel this reservation. Or I may do the unthinkable and keep the reservation and take a statement credit. Either way, I have peace of mind knowing the reservation I want during a peak time of year is secure. Worth the phone call to me.

Last edited:
Can’t book late December for Hilton Bonnet Creek. Trying to get a post Christmas Day trip in from 26-31 and this is the only Hilton that shows no availability. Nothing past December 20th thru January. So I am thinking it has not released the dates yet. And of course this is the place I want to stay. Waldorf next door and Disney Springs Hilton’s have availability. Any idea why? Was wondering if this is a hotel for New Years bowl games???? I want to use points now!
I have booked Bonnet Creek resorts twice with URs...and have found they definitely release dates later than other places

I know many people are reluctant to make phone calls or will accept what they see online and go no further. However, often times, making a phone call or questioning what you see results in a better outcome.

After making our Al Maha reservation, I decided to check availability at the Fairmont Mara Safari. The plan was to pay for our stay using URs via the travel portal. I wanted this property because it has good reviews, is reasonably priced compared to other places I’d looked at, includes 2 game drives a day and all meals. When I checked our dates I could not find them at all. When I checked by property it showed as sold out. So, I decided to check directly on Fairmont’s website. No dice. It showed as sold out. So I checked other dates both on their website and the travel portal. I found it hard to believe they were sold out for every day after early September. I decided to call the Fairmont directly and ask about booking our dates. The agent was able to pull up the availability with no problem for our dates with the exception of New Year’s day. She assumed they weren’t booking 2021 yet. She said she’d contact the property directly so I wouldn’t have to call everyday and ask for a release and add on to my reservation.

The agent got us a luxury tent above the river overlooking the hippos. She also applied a 10% discount to my reservation since I provided my Fairmont loyalty number. No deposit was required just a credit card to hold the reservation and no penalty to cancel until shortly before our actual trip.

I may still book via the UR portal once availability shows up and cancel this reservation. Or I may do the unthinkable and keep the reservation and take a statement credit. Either way, I have peace of mind knowing the reservation I want during a peak time of year is secure. Worth the phone call to me.

LOVE THIS! 😍 SOUNDS AMAZING!

And don't worry, hippos are only dangerous when they wiggle their ears and blow bubbles.

On second thought, you might want to have a pistol handy.

@Lain and anyone else who can help. Is it safe to call AmEx to apply for a biz plat today and apply online for a CIP (I was approved for the personal plat on the weekend)? Worried about hits to my credit score and "eyes" on my accounts.

I lowered my CLs with Chase a while ago, so all good there.

@Lain and anyone else who can help. Is it safe to call AmEx to apply for a biz plat today and apply online for a CIP (I was approved for the personal plat on the weekend)? Worried about hits to my credit score and "eyes" on my accounts.

I lowered my CLs with Chase a while ago, so all good there.

No problem.

When you call into Amex (following the guide on DISchurners), the Amex rep may ask if you're already an Amex member or have other Amex cards, they may ask you for one of your card numbers to access your account. Don't do this. Yes, you are a cardmember, but no you don't have any of your card information handy right now. The Amex rep wants to use your account information to help you pre-fill your Biz Plat application, but it'll also give them access to "eyes" on your account (and all the cards you have open). Just say you don't have that card information right now, and they'll start a new application for you. You'll provide them with the same personal, financial, and business information you'd normally provide on the online application.

Getting approved for a personal Plat should not preclude you from getting approved for a Biz Plat a few days later under any of Amex's current rules or guidelines.

If you've been a longtime customer of Amex, Amex rarely ever conducts a hard pull/inquiry on new card applications. It's been almost 2 years since Amex conducted a hard pull on me for a new card application, and I've opened about a dozen Amex cards since then.

Chase is not particularly inquiry sensitive anyway but without a hard pull, Chase will not know you've even applied for new cards.

Here's why. Assuming Amex did not do a hard pull on your personal Plat app, Chase will not know you've applied for a new card. Amex does not typically report a new personal card to your personal credit report until the close of its second statement, 1-2 months from now (when it will officially count against 5/24). Amex does not report its biz cards to your personal credit report, so without a hard pull, Chase does not know you applied for a new card and will never see the biz Plat on your credit report (that's why it won't count against 5/24).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter