I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered my first 2 boxes of GS cookies and put it on my CIP, I'll let you know once it posts how many points I got. Hopefully it posts before I have to order the other 2 boxes. Two previous co-workers and the girls are in the same troop so I split my order of shouldn't buy any and really only need 2 total but get 4 :) Those tagalongs. And I'll stop buying peanut butter m&m's this way, at least for a little while :rolleyes1

I made my weight goal and am still keeping it off but need to quit with all the candy snacking at night but peanut butter is a weakness and a craving.

I used my CIP tonight (made a few returns so am using for non cat spend to make sure I pass msr) to order a copy of my dad's death certificate. I don't have one and want it for genealogy purposes.

Anyway I know we've talked about how to explain something as a biz expense (not sure how I would here) but what's the weirdest thing you've charged to a biz card?

@stitchfan18 @Breck Check your HH accounts. My Aspire SUB has posted!!

I also spend them as fast as I earn them. Just booked a week at the Grand Wailea using all my points and FNC. Thanks @Lain the suggestion. I was going to use them in Waikiki, but DH actually spent entire high school summers there (I learned something new!) so he prefers Maui. I can't wait; the resort looks amazing!
We are going Christmas week! That's why I was so anxious to get my points and book before all the points rooms are gone. Cash rate is $1200/night that week!!

I have to figure out our flights next. I'm leaning towards SW, but we don't have any points there. I don't like flying out of SFO, but if we do United is a possible option.
We just stayed at the Grand Wailea over New Year's...5 nights on points and one night free. It is AMAZING! I miss it so much. You will absolutely love it. It was still decorated for Christmas, which made it even more beautiful, with red pointsettas planted amongst the tropical foliage. I honestly think it's the most beautiful resort I've been to. Obviously the pools are fantastic, but the beach is perfection. We visited a few other beaches while on Maui, but overwhelmingly preferred Wailea Beach. It didn't hurt that it was literally a 2 minute walk from our room!

ah, we'll just miss you then. I hope you have a great time! I'm hoping for a room upgrade(diamond) but we'll see what happens.

Diamond here as well. A room upgrade would be nice, but I’m more excited about Wailea Beach right at the resort and I’m sure my kiddo will want to spend many hours at the pools, and there’s an entire island out there. So yeah, not a big deal.

Planning to catch a sunrise at Haleakala and visit the Ali’I Kula Lavender Farm one day. We’ve also made dinner reservations at Mama’s Fish House around sunset (wow, those go fast). Still penciling in other activities. DW is not fond of “road trips” but I feel like the Road to Hana should be on our list, and maybe a hike in Iao Valley?

Hope you enjoy your trip! And thanks for the offer.

We are Hilton diamond since we have the Aspire cards. The standard reward is the terrace room and the free upgrade was to the garden room. I wanted a view though, so we paid $150/nt for the ocean view upgrade. They kindly waived the nightly parking fee for us though, plus we each used our $250 resort credits, so I thought it was worth it in the end. Especially since we could eat breakfast with this view:

IMG_7796.jpg

@Lain When you are up in Paia at Mama's, take some time to stop at Ho'okipa Beach in the afternoon. Your daughter will enjoy seeing the many, many turtles sunning themselves on the beach.

IMG_6017.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6018.JPG
    IMG_6018.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 1

I'm planning to be there the first few days of September. I figure it'll be fine.

What was the consensus on the face cloths? I've always had them in the rooms I booked in London.

They are called flannels over there. I'd never heard this term before as I'm more familiar with wash cloth or face cloth.
Some people bring their own or buy them once they get there. Apparently you can buy them at drug stores and other places very cheaply. The ones you can buy are usually thin and can be disposable.
The chains such as Hilton and Marriott have them but they are not as common at smaller or more European places.
Many people don't use them as they are considered a more personal item and so people that use them bring them as part of their kit. This dialogue was in a couple of spots on the trip advisor forum and got into quite a long discussion on hygiene.
And finally, this may only be a big deal if you actually use wash cloths.

I've been wanting to lose 10 pounds for a few years. Well I'm down 4 due to my work stress. I have never been through anything like what I'm dealing with now and my emotions are all over the place--sad, scared, anxious, overwhelmed.

:grouphug: I hope this is over for you soon, or you find peace soon. I recently lost 10 pounds due to family stress and while its nice to have the 10 pounds gone, I would rather have not gone through the stress.

I buy a lot of the girl scout cookie dupes (Keebler makes them). So much cheaper (usually < $2/box) and the troop gets so little of the money when I do buy girl scout cookies.
I’m not sure if it’s good or bad that you shared this info lol! I never look at the cookie aisle other than to occasionally grab Oreos so I didn’t know these existed.

Well I got a Chase 1099 yesterday but none for DH yet. What’s weird is I thought we should only have 2 referrals each from our CIP but mine says a total of $600. Funny... I don‘t have those extra 20K URs 🤨

ETA: well my spreadsheet is wrong... apparently I do have those extra 20K. Okie dokie then.

Last edited:
This was the first year I bought Girl Scout cookies online and had them delivered them to my door. They came super fast and were definitely not cheap! I used my BBP. :)

They are safely tucked in the freezer. DH already ate a whole box of Tagalongs so I had to take drastic measures so they all didn't get eaten in 48 hours or something.

What?! How can they fine you just because they randomly decided to audit you? If they find something inconsistent, okay, but it’s crazy to me if they can fine you just for being audited. That doesn’t sound right.

The 1099 was $100 so I can’t imagine it would even be worth their or my time. I didn’t realize it until last month and figured it would look even MORE suspicious to file an amended foreign earned income return in December. If they want to fine me some percentage of $2 or whatever it would be, they can knock themselves out, I guess.
You don’t get a fine just because they randomly decide to audit you. You get a fine IF they find income that you didn’t report. If everything checks out ok, then there is no charge for the audit. My brother had an audit a few years ago.

They are called flannels over there. I'd never heard this term before as I'm more familiar with wash cloth or face cloth.
Some people bring their own or buy them once they get there. Apparently you can buy them at drug stores and other places very cheaply. The ones you can buy are usually thin and can be disposable.
The chains such as Hilton and Marriott have them but they are not as common at smaller or more European places.
Many people don't use them as they are considered a more personal item and so people that use them bring them as part of their kit. This dialogue was in a couple of spots on the trip advisor forum and got into quite a long discussion on hygiene.
And finally, this may only be a big deal if you actually use wash cloths.

Now it makes sense! I was wondering what a “face cloth” was. I was picturing one of those masks you use over your nose and mouth to keep from spreading viruses. :idea:

First time SW CP questions:
1) Does my CP person need the card that they mailed to me at any time? What's the purpose?
2) I get the click and save emails but the deals are never even close to $59 when I check the surrounding airports. Where are all the good deals (besides loophole change time)?
3) Do the deals come out when they release the next wave of flights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter