I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! I was able to get this to work and not get the pop up! I'm so excited. I had not done anything special to try and get rid of the pop up either, so I'm pretty excited, and it will get here before my trip to Chicago. I said yes when it asked for the digital credit card number and when I clicked it, I got a window that said they were experiencing problems with the site and will give me a $60 statement for my trouble. :sunny:

Thanks for posting this! I did not get the popup, and I went for the 75,000 points and $100 statement credit. I wish I would have had trouble with the card number. $60 is a great bonus for your "trouble". :) Thanks again!

I currently have a Southwest flight booked with a cash WGA fare. I could potentially get a partial refund and have some travel funds for this fare, but sadly I don’t think I have any use for the credit. I don’t plan to pay cash for any upcoming flights in the next year. Is there any reason I may be overlooking for getting a refund?

I currently have a Southwest flight booked with a cash WGA fare. I could potentially get a partial refund and have some travel funds for this fare, but sadly I don’t think I have any use for the credit. I don’t plan to pay cash for any upcoming flights in the next year. Is there any reason I may be overlooking for getting a refund?
How much of a credit? You could use that to cover your $5.60 on points flights until the credit expires.

we just received ours in the mail yesterday. It was exactly one week after we confirmed we had it. Just for fun, do you know what’s the most anyone was able to use a companion pass? Either in number of trips or in dollars saved?

I just received ours, but I'd like to try to keep track over the next two years!

I mean that’d be a lot of $5.60s 🤣

Are you taking any flight that would cost less than $110 in the next year? I’d take that credit and save the points if so...... you never know what might happen; right?
Yeah, I keep thinking it doesn’t hurt to just let the credit sit there. Maybe I’ll use it, maybe not, but at least I have the option. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t overlooking something. Thank you

I just feel uncomfortable knowing if I lost an $800 GC our vacation would be ruined.
I split ours between me and DH. I got us each fancy designs when they still had those on the website. I'll also carry a spare empty one. Then I either take photos of all the GCs or I put the numbers in a google docs sheet, that way if I would lose one I could move it immediately on my own to the empty GC

Yeah, I keep thinking it doesn’t hurt to just let the credit sit there. Maybe I’ll use it, maybe not, but at least I have the option. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t overlooking something. Thank you
You’ll lose like $9 worth of points you could earn 🤣 I’d say the potential of the credit is better than the minimal points you’re giving up.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/landing/award-category-chart-updates.htmlHyatt’s 2020 updated Award chart

ETA: I held my breath for this one. After Marriott’s changes I was nervous. I’m currently trying to get enough UR’s to transfer to Grand Hyatt Kauai for a stay this Fall. I was so afraid it would be on this list, but it looks like it I lucked out. Hopefully these changes don’t hurt too much. The only one that stood out to me is MCO Hyatt is moving a category.
Yes, that's the one I noticed because that is my primary reason for wanting Hyatt points.

I split ours between me and DH. I got us each fancy designs when they still had those on the website. I'll also carry a spare empty one. Then I either take photos of all the GCs or I put the numbers in a google docs sheet, that way if I would lose one I could move it immediately on my own to the empty GC
We have three different empty cards on the Disney gift card website. We actually had to transfer on a trip recently because Dh bought the one that you wear on your wrist. He noticed later in the day that it was no longer on his wrist (the gc was gone but the wristband was still there). Luckily we were able to transfer the balance to one of our empties that we brought with us

I was one of those people that got free platinum status on AA until April 19. They sent out emails about a month ago. I thought it was useless, but I think It allowed me to choose seats on our BA flights. From everything I've read when booking award seats on BA, you have to have status on BA or AA to choose seats more than 24 hours in advance or you can pay for seat selection. If that's the case I got some use out of my temporary platinum status. I was going to change my Hilton Aspire Airline credit to BA to select seats, but now I don't have to. I have no idea what to do with that credit now.

I have a few “keeper” GCs. One bday one and a Space Mountain that DS picked. I did misplace a GC last visit and transferred the balance to one of my other cards. However there’s always a chance someone finds/takes a GC and manages to spend it before you realize it & can transfer funds off it. I now limit it to $200-300 per card. If I needed it for a large amount (like a cruise) I would consolidate the smaller GCs into $1000 increments right before calling to make the large purchase.

I have a few “keeper” GCs. One bday one and a Space Mountain that DS picked. I did misplace a GC last visit and transferred the balance to one of my other cards. However there’s always a chance someone finds/takes a GC and manages to spend it before you realize it & can transfer funds off it. I now limit it to $200-300 per card. If I needed it for a large amount (like a cruise) I would consolidate the smaller GCs into $1000 increments right before calling to make the large purchase.
I think these are all fantastic recommendations!! I manage my Disney gift cards in a very similar fashion.

Ok I’m out of patience. Applied for CIP last Saturday and have been at 30 days since then. I never get approved on the weekend but always on Monday, usually am approved when I wake up that morning. But now it’s Tuesday night. :scared:

Still likely to be approved right?
Quoting myself as I checked one last time tonight and magically there is a new account on my Chase Biz login! Approved! ( 5 days, longest I’ve ever waited! )

We have three different empty cards on the Disney gift card website. We actually had to transfer on a trip recently because Dh bought the one that you wear on your wrist. He noticed later in the day that it was no longer on his wrist (the gc was gone but the wristband was still there). Luckily we were able to transfer the balance to one of our empties that we brought with us
I think these are all fantastic recommendations!! I manage my Disney gift cards in a very similar fashion.
Always good to have an exit strategy if you misplace a card! I actually have 3 Disney GC accounts going right now. I think I have a tiny problem. One is for room/trip deposits, one is for normal day-to-day spend (dining, room charges, ShopDisney, etc), and the last is for consolidating resold GCs in the event funds get locked 🤣

It only took a few months, but Bar Cray Cray sent me a check for my overpayments on my JB biz card this week! It was overpaid by $191 and change. That stupid website was so confusing and I haven't used the card since the MSR period. Happy to have the funds back in my checking account 🤗

Well, I just depleted DH's RRs booking our girls' trip to their grandparents this summer. This is the most we have paid for a flight in a long time, it was 12K RR per flight. The good thing is that because DD1 is 12 we didn't have to pay the unaccompanied minor fees, and I was able to book their flights online and take advantage of the loophole. We will be driving them 4 hour to Dallas so they can have a direct flight to Sacramento. Per SW rules they don't have to have a direct flight, but I don't think they are ready for connecting flights on their own.

This will be their second time flying alone and are so excited, they are 9 & 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter