I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/landing/award-category-chart-updates.htmlHyatt’s 2020 updated Award chart

ETA: I held my breath for this one. After Marriott’s changes I was nervous. I’m currently trying to get enough UR’s to transfer to Grand Hyatt Kauai for a stay this Fall. I was so afraid it would be on this list, but it looks like it I lucked out. Hopefully these changes don’t hurt too much. The only one that stood out to me is MCO Hyatt is moving a category.
Hi and thanks for posting this as I hadn't as yet seen it. I was expecting my Ocean City Hyatt Place to go up and it did, from 15k to 20K points. I have 2020 already booked at 15k, wish I could book 2021 but obviously can't. That messes up my credit card night for 2021, but it's still a decent deal elsewhere.

DH took an upgrade from Amex gold to plat. The AF posted of $250 (which I assume is the gold AF?). Is that how it typically works? Then sometime later the difference will be charged?

Southwest Change window open - it should start on June 7th and may go thru Aug 10th possibly. (end date needs to be verified still)

Credit to @Albort for bringing it to my attention!!

Even though we know this is all over the place now, let’s still try to keep it fairly hush as I don’t think most people know how this works fully!!

I’ll make a spot on the DISchurners news thread to discuss this.
Window closes on the 16th. Double check your flights.

Back from a long weekend in Maui and catching up. Good news/bad news for me. I thought I'd already paid my membership at the Grand Wailea, but I received the bill while I was there. It went WAY up. The good news is that I also received my Aspire while I was there so now I will meet my minimum spend and get 14x to boot. Always a bright side on spending money when you are a gamer/churner :)
I can't even imagine saying those words together...:love: long weekend+Maui... how lovely

I just feel uncomfortable knowing if I lost an $800 GC our vacation would be ruined.
ahhh.. I see. Yes, that's why I always keep a gc on my acct with $0 balance in case something happens to the card I'm carrying... then I can switch funds over to the $0 card and keep going....(this has never happened to me, just a precaution) truly the only time I've lost a cc or anything at Disney was b/c someone stole my wallet once....

we just received ours in the mail yesterday. It was exactly one week after we confirmed we had it. Just for fun, do you know what’s the most anyone was able to use a companion pass? Either in number of trips or in dollars saved?
????? You mean in one CP period? or over the years of holding one (P1&P2).... I approximate using for trips since about 2010,4 people x 3 trips per year average(R/T) using points and CP into the tens of thousands at this point.... I calculated it once so I could impress my DH (he wasn't,he's so spoiled by me) but I forget at the moment. Last year I think we saved about $1200 using the CP alone before we get into points savings (?)

Checked mine. No bargains to be had. It's as if they put a high minimum flight price for June and July to protect themselves from us!
I noticed that too! I was gonna make a couple just to hold a cheap spot...but there weren't any! :rotfl2: ya think all the public chatter last round changed anything?:rotfl::headache::magnify:I mean it was everywhere I looked!

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/landing/award-category-chart-updates.htmlHyatt’s 2020 updated Award chart

ETA: I held my breath for this one. After Marriott’s changes I was nervous. I’m currently trying to get enough UR’s to transfer to Grand Hyatt Kauai for a stay this Fall. I was so afraid it would be on this list, but it looks like it I lucked out. Hopefully these changes don’t hurt too much. The only one that stood out to me is MCO Hyatt is moving a category.

Thanks so much for posting. I grabbed a night at the Cincy Airport Hyatt Place before my early flight to Boston for Aerosmith in September. That category is changing so I saved 3,000 points.

Moved over some UR points. :)

Here's your friendly reminder that Southwest Airlines next schedule release is expected to occur THURSDAY, March 12th!. For those planning to snag flights, set those calendar reminders so you don't forget!

I'm sharing this again now because it previously was listed as February 13th (one week from today) but was pushed back a month. Stay posted as this date is subject to change!
  • Currently SW is offering flights through 8/10/20 and this next release will take their schedule out to 10/31/20. I'll try to post additional reminders as the date draws nearer.
For those that care about "release timing" it's been all over the board recently (all times Eastern):
  • The release on 12/11/19 went live at 9:10am.
  • The release on 10/30/19 went live at 7:15am.
  • The release on 9/26/19 went live at 7:30am.
  • The release on 8/15/19 went live at 10:41am.
  • The release on 5/30/19 went live at 9:20am.

Just bumping this post for those who had reminders for today and didn't notice they changed the date. :rotfl2:

Looking for an update on this. Figured this was the best place to ask

Disney Restaurants used to code a "travel" for Discover Card and so didn't accrue the 5% cashback in the restaurant category.
Jul-Sept 2020 Discover Card once again has 5% cashback on Restaurants.
Have a WDW Sept trip planned.
Has anyone had any recent experience? Do WDW eateries still code as "Travel" and not "dining"?
(If you pay directly with the card at the restaurant, not charge to your room)
I have never seen these code as travel with CSR or Amex Gold always restaurants, I go 3-4 times a month I know I have a problem...

Ok so this question is for those familiar with Delta miles. I'm researching for a 2022 trip to Europe flying from Pittsburgh to London. I searched on the delta website for flights for this route and am seeing lots through JFK, Detroit, Atlanta and the miles for premium select are available at around 64,000 and Delta One 80,000. With me and P2 and not traveling until 2022 I feel like that's something we can do between Delta cards and MR. Is there something else I'm missing because I actually expected it to be higher than that? And how do I know what the fees will be? It's just showing the +$5.60. I'm thinking maybe we can fly Delta to London and then I'll do some research to decide how to fly back home from Rome. I know a lot can change in pricing between now and when I would be booking for 2022, but I'm trying to at least figure out a ballpark range.
I dont think so Ive noticed that bookings with delta are good 9+ months out or 58 -30 days out, or last minute is hit or miss.

I seem to recall using the amex or Discover deal on Amazon, use at least 1 point to pay and get like 20% off,and then it allowed me to use my gc balance for the rest.... now I can't get it to do that,only options is to pay with the cc after using a point.... what am I doing wrong here?
you need to redeem one MR point for amazon, and the whole purchase needs to be on the AMEX card (for AMEX) not sure about the discover card I dont have one.

Last edited:

Thanks for posting-I might be in Boston in May and the hotel where I'll stay (if I make it) went up a category...since I suspect May might be "peak season" pricing, reserving now saved me a potential of 9,000 pts/night (so 54,000 points possibly:scared1:). Wow...that's basically a SUB!

I want a Hyatt card..... when was the last time there was a good bonus making it worth it?
About a year ago. I'm holding out too. DH and I will both get it one. They recently sent out a survey regarding changes to the card, so it appears they are working some changes. I'm hoping for a new SUB soon.
My dh got his in late Oct 2018 with the higher bonus level. I hope when they have a good SUB when I'm able to get my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter