• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the minimum credit limit for Disney rewards visa card? We are charter cardholders since 2003 on the original card.

We are getting denied on the second part of a MDD on SW personal cards. Had 70K credit limit between CSR and Disney two days ago. Lowered them to free up credit. Applied and now being told that Chase has extended the maximum amount of credit to us. Have CSR at 10K and Disney at 5K. They won't move any CL from the Disney card because they are saying both cards are at the minimum CL for the product. Argh!!

What is the minimum credit limit for Disney rewards visa card? We are charter cardholders since 2003 on the original card.

We are getting denied on the second part of a MDD on SW personal cards. Had 70K credit limit between CSR and Disney two days ago. Lowered them to free up credit. Applied and now being told that Chase has extended the maximum amount of credit to us. Have CSR at 10K and Disney at 5K. They won't move any CL from the Disney card because they are saying both cards are at the minimum CL for the product. Argh!!
I have one at $3k and one at $500

Hang up and try again. There is a min to open them but you should be able to move them no problem. My Disney is at $2k and they took $1k from my CSR when I PCd a different card that didn’t have enough to PC leaving my CSR at $9k.

I unfortunately don't have hotel advice but I just wanted to say HI and that I will also be in DL the same dates as part of the annual DIS Divas trip. Have fun!

I see you already got them but I was going to suggest Vans. My son just had to get some that were black with black rubber trim (instead of white) for his indoor percussion ensemble uniform. Apparently last year the fact that they wore their marching band shoes (which were already paid for) got mentioned by some of the artistic judges. So hey what's another $50 on top of the $1000 winter fee? :rotfl:
Yeah, the dark soles would probably go better with his dress pants but he liked these so I went with them.

Apparently the Disney Signature card has a 5K minimum. So many ways I could have done this better. We just PC'ed CSR to CSP (which we were planning to do in 3 months anyway). Hopefully that is immediate and now they will let us move some from that CL to the new card. Trying again...

My recommendation based on this is to NOT lower your credit limits shortly before applying for a card as it apparently doesn't recognize it even if you are now WELL under 30%. And, always make sure you know the minimum CL and leave a few thousand extra.

Yeah, the dark soles would probably go better with his dress pants but he liked these so I went with them.
Vans are super popular and I think they're cute, too. If I didn't have feet issues, I'd get some myself and then wouldn't that mortify my kid!!! (He likes the slip on black and white checked ones that I see on at least half the kids at his school).

I was trying to get to the bottom of this a bit yesterday in my own research but I think recon has their own rules around CLs vs. calling in to adjust CLs. This sounds like what you've gotten caught up in. My thought would be to consolidate a bunch of your available CL to your CSR or your Disney and that might fix the problem.

I also shared some thoughts along these lines in our PM from yesterday! Don't give up here yet! You can call recon and try again and with a cross-support click AND CP and SUB on the line maybe we can figure this out for you yet!!!

Apparently the Disney Signature card has a 5K minimum. So many ways I could have done this better. We just PC'ed CSR to CSP (which we were planning to do in 3 months anyway). Hopefully that is immediate and now they will let us move some from that CL to the new card. Trying again...

My recommendation based on this is to NOT lower your credit limits shortly before applying for a card as it apparently doesn't recognize it even if you are now WELL under 30%. And, always make sure you know the minimum CL and leave a few thousand extra.

Sorry you are finding that out the hard way. Hopefully it will still work out for you. I have always heard it is best to give it at least a month if you are lowering limits so it has a chance to report to your CR. Though business cards are kind of a toss up if they need a month, I think no one is sure about those since they don't report. Fingers crossed you can still pull this off!

Hang up and try again. There is a min to open them but you should be able to move them no problem. My Disney is at $2k and they took $1k from my CSR when I PCd a different card that didn’t have enough to PC leaving my CSR at $9k.
I wonder why different recon people seem to handle this differently. I've totally seen mixed DPs on this but what you said is more the norm. Every once in awhile it seems an over-zealous recon person tries to apply these min CLs to the remaining card. Booo!!!

@Mikamarii actually @*WDW*Groupie* is Canadian and American and has cards both places. Hopefully she sees this tag and can help you! Or you can PM her!
Correct! And I second the recommendation from @SouthFayetteFan for the r/churningcanada page. It is full of helpful information. Also Ricky (The Prince of Travel -- he's a blogger based in Montreal) is the Cdn equivalent to @SouthFayetteFan. You can e-mail him and he'll get back to you right away with answers to your questions. He is incredibly helpful.

I have recently acquired the AmEx Gold for the 35,000MRs (available through a referral link), the CIBC AC FYF card and the WJ MC (for the $350.00 $WJ and companion pass) and have my eyes on the AmEx Platinum (but will have to wait until the end of summer to meet the MSR).

In the summer I got the TD Aeroplan card (20,000 Aeroplan miles) and the AmEx Bonvoy card (I was collecting Bonvoy points). There are a lot of options out there and the good news is that most of the Cdn cards give the SUBs multiple times (read r/churningcanada carefully to see which ones). I will be cancelling my TD Aeroplan card this weekend and getting another in the summer for another 20,000 Aeroplan miles.

Just got back from a week in Whistler, BC, so I am a little behind on this thread.

Used Aeroplan miles for business class seats between Toronto and Vancouver and had pods both ways (YAY!). Food on AC is pretty bland, but the pods are always nice.

We stayed at the Westin Whistler on points (stayed 5 nights -- 5th night free). I believe the rate was 70,000 points / night (it used to be 50,000 points / night). I believe I've mentioned before that you are paying strictly for location at the Westin. It isn't the most glamorous resort at Whistler, but it does have the best location, bar none. Dd is able to roll out of bed at 7:50am, have breakfast and meet her snowboarding group at 8:30am dressed and ready to hit the slopes. I am sure the Four Seasons is much nicer, but they have (IMHO) the worst location at Whislter (it's on the Blackcomb side and a few minutes walk to the Blackcomb lift) and we aren't willing to sacrifice the location of the Westin.

The Westin also has a kitchen in the units, so I am able to make a hot breakfast and usually a sandwich for lunch, which saves a lot of money (and it's healthier). We got upgraded to a 2 bedroom penthouse suite (for 2 of us) and I must say, this was quite the experience. It had 2 bedrooms (one with a queen and the other a massive room with fireplace, sitting area, walk-in closet and tub in the room, with a king bed), 3 fireplaces, 3 full bathrooms, a dining room, 3 balconies (one off the dining room and one in each bedroom), 2 pull out sofas, a full kitchen and a washer and dryer (also it was 2 levels with a loft). I will post pictures once I upload them. It was SUPER nice. We have been staying at this property for the past 20 years (except the year I was pregnant with dd) and they seem to recognize loyalty. They didn't charge for this upgrade -- so 280,000 Bonvoy points for the 5 nights in this huge unit. The last night the cable went out so the manager agreed to refund us 20,000 Bonvoy points (after I declined a $100.00 room credit and free breakfast). Also we had a $50.00 credit on our room because check-in was delayed 40 minutes. So I feel like we got value for our points here lol. There is a $10.00 / day charge for ski valet, but we weren't charged for this; also they never applied the daily resort fee to our room. Weird, but I'm not complaining!

We stayed last night in Vancouver at the Hyatt Regency downtown. I used our free night certificate (Hyatt cc) -- cash rate would've been in the area of $250.00; not great value, but since I didn't use the FN last year I was happy to at least use it this year. The location was great -- very central and walking distance to amazing shops and restaurants. The room appeared to have been very recently renovated; the bed was so comfortable; fixtures and tile in the bathroom looked very new; super clean and perfect for what we needed - a room for the night. I'd recommend this hotel for anyone in the area without hesitation.

Next trip.....WA Maldives in April!

Just booked a trip to Whistler this past week. We’ll be going in July. We love to go in Summer to get out of the AZ heat. One of our favorite places. Absolutely gorgeous!
Where do you stay? I have eyed the Hilton, but we have grown accustomed to having the kitchen in our room at the Westin. Dd is a creature of habit and really doesn't want to stay anywhere other than the Westin.

I'd love to go in the summer -- so many active things to do! It's on my list for sure (Banff may come first!).

Second call back was just as bad. They said the product change from CSR to CSP would not show for up to 2 biz days so couldn't use any of the credit limit. Had 65K two days ago and now we are at 15K and can't even borrow 1K to open a card we were otherwise approved for.
Did you get it worked out? Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter