I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the girls dress code for this? I would think they'd be more concerned with policing that then the shoes the guys wear.
This is the full code: (No mention as to shoe requirements for the girls, they were more concerned with the dress given today’s trends)
Girls:

*Dress length should be no shorter than finger-tip length as the arms/hands are held down at the sides. The goal is to be relatively modest given current fashion trends.

*No strapless dresses. Spaghetti straps and diagonal/one strap dresses are permitted, but with a high enough neckline for proper coverage.

Boys:

*Dress pants or khakis, no jeans or sweatpants.
*Dress shoes, Sperry’s, bucks, or something appropriate for dress pants/khakis. No athletic shoes.

AA question. DH has a flight booked on miles that he won't be going on. We paid $40 in fees, if I cancel that and pay the $200 to refund the miles, will I get credit for the $40? meaning I'll only pay $160 to get the miles back?

This is the full code: (No mention as to shoe requirements for the girls, they were more concerned with the dress given today’s trends)
Girls:

*Dress length should be no shorter than finger-tip length as the arms/hands are held down at the sides. The goal is to be relatively modest given current fashion trends.

*No strapless dresses. Spaghetti straps and diagonal/one strap dresses are permitted, but with a high enough neckline for proper coverage.

Boys:

*Dress pants or khakis, no jeans or sweatpants.
*Dress shoes, Sperry’s, bucks, or something appropriate for dress pants/khakis. No athletic shoes.
This is what my kids’ school requires as well. Except girls can’t go sleeveless ever. That’s in elementary school though. Could be different once they hit JR High. The way I read these guidelines is: don’t let your kids show up in their ratty PE sneakers. Obviously they want the kids to look neat and tidy, and I think most parents get that...but there’s always those ones who need a gentle reminder 😂
I personally love the shoes you picked and think he’ll look super stylish!

Hello all, just found this thread just as I'm starting to look at a credit card with bonus points. My primary goal is alleviate the cost of vacation travel. I read the first few posts; I hope you can help! Looking for a card with bonus points that I can use to fund next family vacation. I am leaning towards an AmEx or Citi since I do not have an account with either company yet.

1) I have not applied for any credit cards in the past 24 months. However, 25 months ago, I applied for the Case Saphire Reserve just as the 100k bonus point program was ending (both my spouse and I applied). We have both since downgraded to a card with no annual fee. I have posted my answers below. TIA!

2) Secondly we'll want to know a little bit about you. Specifically - what you spend, and what you want to earn!
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)? Roughly 1K...but we do have some big expenses coming up if we need to take advantage of a point bonus by spending several K's up front.
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest? Pay off in full
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of? Boston, Manchester, NH
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program? No
  • Does SOUTHWEST Airline service your airport? Yes
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference? No
  • Do you currently have travel points or miles in any program? (if so, which programs and how much) only 1300 points left in Chase travel
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? (i.e. Disney World Trip, Cruise, European Trip, Cash Back to pay-off a mortgage or student loans, etc. - you can have multiple goals too!) . Help with expenses of Vacation travel (air, car, hotel)
  • When do you plan to take these trips? (Keep in mind that it can be difficult to earn points/miles to cover imminent travel...it's best to plan far in advance, especially with regards to international travel) . Looking to vacation in summer 2021
  • Who does your travel party consist of? (Spouse, Kids (& ages), other relatives/friends) wife and 3 kids (13,11,9)

Hello all, just found this thread just as I'm starting to look at a credit card with bonus points. My primary goal is alleviate the cost of vacation travel. I read the first few posts; I hope you can help! Looking for a card with bonus points that I can use to fund next family vacation. I am leaning towards an AmEx or Citi since I do not have an account with either company yet.

1) I have not applied for any credit cards in the past 24 months. However, 25 months ago, I applied for the Case Saphire Reserve just as the 100k bonus point program was ending (both my spouse and I applied). We have both since downgraded to a card with no annual fee. I have posted my answers below. TIA!

2) Secondly we'll want to know a little bit about you. Specifically - what you spend, and what you want to earn!
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)? Roughly 1K...but we do have some big expenses coming up if we need to take advantage of a point bonus by spending several K's up front.
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest? Pay off in full
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of? Boston, Manchester, NH
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program? No
  • Does SOUTHWEST Airline service your airport? Yes
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference? No
  • Do you currently have travel points or miles in any program? (if so, which programs and how much) only 1300 points left in Chase travel
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? (i.e. Disney World Trip, Cruise, European Trip, Cash Back to pay-off a mortgage or student loans, etc. - you can have multiple goals too!) . Help with expenses of Vacation travel (air, car, hotel)
  • When do you plan to take these trips? (Keep in mind that it can be difficult to earn points/miles to cover imminent travel...it's best to plan far in advance, especially with regards to international travel) . Looking to vacation in summer 2021
  • Who does your travel party consist of? (Spouse, Kids (& ages), other relatives/friends) wife and 3 kids (13,11,9)
Hey there - welcome to the thread!!

Do you have any thoughts on where you might go on this next vacation?

Good ideas - thank you! It's a bit overwhelming to try and pick a place to stay. But earning points ahead of time on a no fee card seems like a good place to start!
If you have an idea of what hotels you’d like to stay I would also suggest comparing the amount of points needed booking with that hotels points vs booking through the Chase travel portal with URs.
We have a CSR, and for example the 2br Marriott villa we are staying at was 50k Marriott points a night vs 18,000 URs

Hey there - welcome to the thread!!

Do you have any thoughts on where you might go on this next vacation?
[/QUOT
We want to stay in the US, but are open. Most likely travel to the West (California, Phoenix, Seattle...and possibly Hawaii). Wherever we land, we plan to do a lot of driving and exploring through multiple cities and National Parks. Probably a 12-16 day vacation/road trip.

If you have an idea of what hotels you’d like to stay I would also suggest comparing the amount of points needed booking with that hotels points vs booking through the Chase travel portal with URs.
We have a CSR, and for example the 2br Marriott villa we are staying at was 50k Marriott points a night vs 18,000 URs
Wow! That is such a huge difference! I can see why most people prefer earning URs.
Where are you staying now?

If only swolphin was on there. :headache:#stillbitter

If only swolphin was on there. :headache:#stillbitter
Love that location, but DH and I definitely love the 2br villas with the extra space, I’m up early so it’s nice to be able to make coffee and relax in the main room and DH and our son are up late watching sports so it works for us at this point in our lives.
When our kids were little and we were doing the parks early in the morning, pool/nap breaks then parks again staying in Disney was better
Sounds nice!! We will be at BWV when we go down next month. Can’t wait!
BWVs are my favorite DVC...Enjoy it !!

Since it's slow here help me decide.

We are going to Disneyland 2/27-2/29. I will arrive 2/25 for a work conference, DH & the girls will arrive at 11:30PM 2/26. We are staying at Hyatt Place, work is covering Tue-Thursday nights. We have to cover Friday & Saturday night, I have us booked on points for those 2 nights. DH also has 2 BonBlah certificates that we could use to move to Fairfield inn. Park hours for those 2 days are 8AM-12AM, would like to make the most of it on both days and stay late at the park. Moving would be a pain and we wouldn't have free breakfast for Saturday & Sunday, but DH still has $140 Brilliant credit that resets next month.

Would it be worth it to move hotels? We are planning to use the Toy Story parking shuttles to cut on the walking to/from the Hyatt, but I've read the lines could get really long at the end of the day.

I unfortunately don't have hotel advice but I just wanted to say HI and that I will also be in DL the same dates as part of the annual DIS Divas trip. Have fun!

Thanks and @IFlossU also!
DS decided to go with these. (I’ll bring his Sperry’s just in case. I don’t want him to miss the dance because of his shoes.)

I see you already got them but I was going to suggest Vans. My son just had to get some that were black with black rubber trim (instead of white) for his indoor percussion ensemble uniform. Apparently last year the fact that they wore their marching band shoes (which were already paid for) got mentioned by some of the artistic judges. So hey what's another $50 on top of the $1000 winter fee? :rotfl:

AA question. DH has a flight booked on miles that he won't be going on. We paid $40 in fees, if I cancel that and pay the $200 to refund the miles, will I get credit for the $40? meaning I'll only pay $160 to get the miles back?
I cancelled web saver award flights and paid $225 to get miles back. I got back all the $5.60 taxes/fees so I’d imagine you’ll get the $40 back.

Happy Valentine's Day!

I've been a little quiet lately because of continued work stress (things have somewhat calmed down but overall it's still a hot mess:( Also, we've had a very tough few weeks with my sweet DD and she's been out of school for almost two weeks. She should be going back to school Monday and I think she's doing better.

So today I finally booked my spring break 2021 cruise on RC. I went with Oasis of the Seas Easter week. I knew exactly what I wanted to book so I called Chase's cruise number. I told the woman which room I wanted and asked her to add gratuities and the refundable deposit. The cash price she came up with was $187 less than what I was getting on RC's website. I explained several time that she was missing the fee for a refundable deposit. She swore that wasn't the case, my deposit was refundable, put me on hold several times to confirm. I finally gave up so I'm pretty sure I didn't get the refundable deposit. Oh well. All in all it was 196K points including gratuities for the three of us in an oceanview stateroom for Easter week. And it's Eastern Caribbean!

Nothing new in churning news for me. I'm too nervous to make any big moves because of my job situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter